PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hour Carbup question

AlphaMix
11-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Ok so i started my carbup at around 12:00pm today (friday) when i ate a Huge apple before my depletion workout and then did the rest but,

what do i eat after i end my carbup tomorrow at 12pm(saturday)?

Do i have regular breakfast, and then eat keto like diet?

pperry
11-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Ive been extending my carb up into breakfast the next morning, not sure if this will work for everyone but I train my legs about 2 hours after eating my carb filled breakfast, I train my legs really heavy so I'm back into ketosis the next night anyway, doesn't really make a difference to me apart from ensuring I have all the energy I need for that workout

Brianterz
11-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Ok so i started my carbup at around 12:00pm today (friday) when i ate a Huge apple before my depletion workout and then did the rest but,

just start with a regular keto meals

pperry
11-19-2010, 02:02 PM
just start with a regular keto meals

Haha difference of opinion on the same subject in two different threads two minutes apart.

I'm just speaking from experience, my knowledge is very limited on the subject, I just know I've lost over thirty pounds and kept almost all of my size :)

AWD_TURBO
11-19-2010, 02:09 PM
After you see yourself filling back up you'll get better at this over time, then just go back to your normal keto diet.

Brianterz
11-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Haha difference of opinion on the same subject in two different threads two minutes apart.

I'm just speaking from experience, my knowledge is very limited on the subject, I just know I've lost over thirty pounds and kept almost all of my size :)

Your doing a longer carb up

But thats what your supposed to do... hit the gym and go back to your normal diet after the carb up is done

AlphaMix
11-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Alright thanks guys

fitlover
11-19-2010, 04:13 PM

I would suggest just eating until you go to bed on Saturday. Make it a 36ish hour carb-up, but track what you eat.

As long as you're working on hitting around a specific number and not going crazy, I don't think it really matters if you eat that amount in 24 or 36 hours. If you're really bent on only 24 hours though, then eat protein/veggies for the rest of the day (but that would really suck)

AlphaMix
11-19-2010, 04:21 PM
I would suggest just eating until you go to bed on Saturday. Make it a 36ish hour carb-up, but track what you eat.

As long as you're working on hitting around a specific number and not going crazy, I don't think it really matters if you eat that amount in 24 or 36 hours. If you're really bent on only 24 hours though, then eat protein/veggies for the rest of the day (but that would really suck)

Yeah i kind of like the idea behind this, i feel like tomorrow i should be more clean with the carbs, and do some long duration cardio early sunday on empty stomach.

fitlover
11-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Yeah i kind of like the idea behind this, i feel like tomorrow i should be more clean with the carbs, and do some long duration cardio early sunday on empty stomach.

Why the cardio?

veneficuz
11-19-2010, 06:04 PM
I personally carb up pre workout and post workout. I have found my results amazing this way!
You work really hard in the gym, and you can eat a mini blizzard right after, and feel great!! i personally only do a 24 hour carbup as well,

My only beef, is that my carbup day is around my arms days, and my chest and back can't keep up.

Brianterz
11-19-2010, 06:13 PM
I personally carb up pre workout and post workout. I have found my results amazing this way!
You work really hard in the gym, and you can eat a mini blizzard right after, and feel great!! i personally only do a 24 hour carbup as well,

My only beef, is that my carbup day is around my arms days, and my chest and back can't keep up.

um.. your not doing TKD with a carb up? Thats not right...

Brianterz
11-19-2010, 06:17 PM

Wrong... the correct way to end a 12 hour carb up is to go to the gym and eat regular keto.. if you dont wanna stop the continue to 36 hours if you want.. but if you dont just work out and eat a regular keto meal.... no need to eat just protein and veggies with no fat..

veneficuz
11-19-2010, 06:22 PM
um.. your not doing TKD with a carb up? Thats not right...

I'm doing CKD, my bad if i hijacked thread.

Brianterz
11-19-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm doing CKD, my bad if i hijacked thread.

CKD.. does not have carbs pre and post.... very little post is allowed..10-20g dextrose... TKD has carbs pre and post.. but with no carb up.. You will get better results if you follow one or the other

fitlover
11-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Wrong... the correct way to end a 12 hour carb up is to go to the gym and eat regular keto.. if you dont wanna stop the continue to 36 hours if you want.. but if you dont just work out and eat a regular keto meal.... no need to eat just protein and veggies with no fat..

He is doing a 24-hour carb up.

I never said 0 fat either, just lower fats. I'm not a believer in 0 fat refeeds, but you should not be eating the same amount of fat you would with your regular keto diet during a refeed.

IMO, he should just structure it better.

Brianterz
11-19-2010, 07:20 PM
He is doing a 24-hour carb up.

I never said 0 fat either, just lower fats. I'm not a believer in 0 fat refeeds, but you should not be eating the same amount of fat you would with your regular keto diet during a refeed.

IMO, he should just structure it better.

I know that.....if he starts his 24 hour carb up at noon.. it will go till the next day till noon.. then back to regular keto meals.. no reason to eat low fat after that till the end of the night

a better way to do that.. is do your depleation workout in the morning and carb up till bed time

fitlover
11-20-2010, 06:27 AM
a better way to do that.. is do your depleation workout in the morning and carb up till bed time

Yes, that could be done too.