PDA

View Full Version : Any workout ideas for wrestling?!

austin0reese
11-10-2010, 06:09 AM
I have been wrestling since since 9th grade and now I am an 11th grader. I have been working out since June 2010 and I have recently been getting out of weightlifting since the wrestling season just started. I want to know what types of workouts are most effective in the sport (splits, full-body etc.) and maybe some workout ideas that will keep me packing on muscle. Wrestling is very time consuming so I will have to be getting up early in the morning to workout. A quick and effective workout is what I need; 60 minutes max. I am 16 years old, 5'10", and 140 pounds. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it!

futurebeast67
11-10-2010, 08:54 PM
I would always do a lot of HIT routines with a lot of low weight high reps and sprints and stuff mixed in nonstop, and that helped a lot in the preseason to get in shape and get my weight down with a diet, but i was almost always dropping into lower weight class so I couldn't pack on much muscle in season. When I did i found what worked best for me was doing more simplified full body routines, as wrestling practice and tourneys can be a lot of strain on the body, especially if your really serious and doing extra club workouts and private sessions and stuff.
Even if your trying to grow into another weight class and become a bigger 40 or 45 I would recommend keeping it pretty simple with a full body workout of some compound exercises 2 times a week