View Full Version : **Official Fable 3 thread**

BBmisc420196
10-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Comes out Tuesday!

Good video if in game play
R_pizvfiJA0

Pacific-Baller
10-22-2010, 02:27 AM
O snap I thought it came out on Dec 26..

MoH, Fable 3, Black OPs, Assassins Creed Brotherhood... FUUUUUUUU I have my final year exams in 3 weeks

xMatt
10-22-2010, 02:57 AM
pumped to play through, loved fable II

roBadizzle
10-22-2010, 03:28 AM
looks good, do i need to play fable II to understand fable 3 or is it a different story line, Same with Assassins Creed do i need to start from the begininging?

DUKENUK3M
10-22-2010, 04:52 AM
looks good, do i need to play fable II to understand fable 3 or is it a different story line,

nope, a game's a game - if it really matters, just read the game's plot, and you'll pick up what's happening. I never played fable 1, but that wasn't any issue when I played fable 2

AdamDTX
10-22-2010, 04:58 AM
fables a pretty good series. a little short lived, some promises that weren't kept, but its always delivered.

jwa254
10-22-2010, 07:16 AM
fables a pretty good series. a little short lived, some promises that weren't kept, but its always delivered.

Def. loved them all so far just Molyneux has a habit of blowing his games out of proportion. They still come out good just nowhere near what he makes you think it'll be

ch00se
10-22-2010, 07:20 AM
cant wait cuzzz

i love the fable world

Ice-9
10-22-2010, 08:04 AM
The Fable games are solid, but both thus far have been way too short.
If the new installment is longer it would significantly improve an already good product.

AdamDTX
10-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Def. loved them all so far just Molyneux has a habit of blowing his games out of proportion. They still come out good just nowhere near what he makes you think it'll be

The Fable games are solid, but both thus far have been way too short.
If the new installment is longer it would significantly improve an already good product.

exactly

BBmisc420196
10-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Ya I also really hope they lengethen the storyline, but most of all I hope they make it at least a LITTLE harder.

Ive been playing fable 2, and All you have to do is get a sword then augment it with the one that steals their life. For the rest of the game you can just B spam and never die....

Pacific-Baller
10-22-2010, 09:23 PM
looks good, do i need to play fable II to understand fable 3 or is it a different story line, Same with Assassins Creed do i need to start from the begininging?

Fable, no
AC, yes

Goose102
10-23-2010, 06:53 PM
in. Can't wait for Fable III

Bad Words
10-25-2010, 11:01 PM
I got a copy already. Free to the poster below me (will need your address).

rektt
10-25-2010, 11:02 PM
I got a copy already. Free to the poster below me (will need your address).

In4anthrax

.horizons.
10-25-2010, 11:03 PM
played it for about 3 hours, it's fun but nothing special.

Bad Words
10-25-2010, 11:05 PM
In4anthrax

If serious, see PM. If not, up for grabs still.

BBmisc420196
10-25-2010, 11:32 PM
If serious, see PM. If not, up for grabs still.

You should come out to Kent say whats up brah :)

Bad Words
10-25-2010, 11:34 PM
You should come out to Kent say whats up brah :)

I used to live there, I'm in the Renton highlands now. Come check out Microsoft campus and I'll give you the game and a tour.

BBmisc420196
10-25-2010, 11:35 PM
I used to live there, I'm in the Renton highlands now. Come check out Microsoft campus and I'll give you the game and a tour.

Holy fuk we are on the same hill, mind = blown

East hill here lol

Bad Words
10-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Holy fuk we are on the same hill, mind = blown

East hill here lol

That's where I lived, Washington Park apartments near Kent-Meridian (I think?) high school.

balkp
10-25-2010, 11:39 PM
fable 1 was my favorite xbox game
fable 2 was **** (compared to 1)
fable 3....probably ****

BBmisc420196
10-25-2010, 11:43 PM
That's where I lived, Washington Park apartments near Kent-Meridian (I think?) high school.

Really? ya I know right were that's at right off kangly, im closer renton tho. Like 2 mile down 108th from there. Back when you lived there was it a kinda poor area like it is now?

Bad Words
10-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Really? ya I know right were that's at right off kangly, im closer renton tho. Like 2 mile down 108th from there. Back when you lived there was it a kinda poor area like it is now?

Yeah it was, that's why I lived there... =/

BBmisc420196
10-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Yeah it was, that's why I lived there... =/

well ill send u a PM tomorrow if I cant find the game :D

ch00se
10-25-2010, 11:52 PM
brb playing this

got fallout new vegas but im much more excited about fable

N4th4n
10-26-2010, 05:30 AM
picking this up tomorrow. I am psyched. Loved the whole franchise!

Daly_City
10-26-2010, 09:38 AM
guns ruined it but w/e

i dont see anything new. it still plays out like a button masher / beat em up

<<<<<<<< played the lost chapters for PC

i like how they never released Fable 2 for PC

BBmisc420196
10-26-2010, 05:27 PM
OK So i bought the game this morning and here is my update.

For the first 2 hours of it I was beginning to like it LESS than fable 2. Then I realized I needed to give it more of a chance. I am finding there is much more to this one, and the menu system I was hating at first is growing on me. Also at first it seems EASIER then fable 2, but the first "boss" was actually harder than anything fable 2 had to offer, not that that says much. It is still an easy game, but with harder boss fights and much more stuff as you go on it seems.

Only 2.5 hours into gameplay and thats my take so far

xdestron
10-26-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm finding this game to be prty fun... the dialog alone is pretty hilarious

BBmisc420196
10-26-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm finding this game to be prty fun... the dialog alone is pretty hilarious

Ya I put in 4.5 hours play today lmao. I had the day off work and nothin to do. It's actually funner than fable 2, but I do wish they would have made it harder. Fighting is more fluent. I like how they made a few boss type enemys, then make the little ones just as easy to kill, but like 5 times as many at once lol.

The interaction is improved. Like not having every single person love me. Easier to target people, ect. Pretty much everything is improved from fable 2.

Maiar
10-27-2010, 02:19 AM
bought it but I'm at work.

Will play when I get home. Prepared for british humor and mindless beat em up violence.

MHKhan17
10-27-2010, 04:16 AM
To those who are playing/finished it, how big is the game? How many hours would it take to finish?

ch00se
10-27-2010, 07:14 AM
recovered from no sleep on sunday night
university work finished
food eaten
teeth brushed
shower had
joint rolled

fable about to be loaded, feels amazing man (srs)

Maiar
10-27-2010, 09:47 AM
To those who are playing/finished it, how big is the game? How many hours would it take to finish?

It seems a lot more expansive than the last two.

recovered from no sleep on sunday night
university work finished
food eaten
teeth brushed
shower had
joint rolled

fable about to be loaded, feels amazing man (srs)

i feel you man. This game would be crazy while blazed, i'm lol'ing my head off at this and I'm sober.

texanadian
10-27-2010, 09:49 AM
i was thinking about making this thread. put about 4 hours in the game so far pretty fun...

brb 5 std's

Daly_City
10-27-2010, 09:54 AM
for those of you that played lost chapters, fable 2 and now fable 3

how is fable 3 better/different/worse?

gimme ur critical review i love the fable game, the whole leveling up and outfits. can u learn new moves?

did they expand the marriage / home ownership system?

thegenerel
10-27-2010, 11:54 AM
for those of you that played lost chapters, fable 2 and now fable 3

how is fable 3 better/different/worse?

gimme ur critical review i love the fable game, the whole leveling up and outfits. can u learn new moves?

did they expand the marriage / home ownership system?

a few hours in, and im liking it a lot more. everything ive discovered was talked about in the IGN review.

ch00se
10-27-2010, 12:07 PM
fuuu

i found a gold chest earlier but couldnt open it, found a key for it now though

problem is i cant remember where i saw it, im near the start of the game (2 hours in)

anyone? reps!

also what do gnomes sound like? havent seen any yet

ch00se
10-27-2010, 12:11 PM
i feel you man. This game would be crazy while blazed, i'm lol'ing my head off at this and I'm sober.

it is epic, seriously im loving it so far

the problem with smoking and play is now i cant remember where the gold chest, which contains some epic **** most likely, is located now having a key

feels bad man

ElToro1025
10-27-2010, 01:12 PM
In on epicness. Playing through Fable II with the Wife right now, will pick up soon or get a free copy...hint hint.

Sup ch00se you mad brah?

ch00se
10-27-2010, 01:15 PM
In on epicness. Playing through Fable II with the Wife right now, will pick up soon or get a free copy...hint hint.

Sup ch00se you mad brah?

yes (serious)

when i saw that ****er i even made a mental note to remember where it was, the weed got the better of me

freeballer209
10-27-2010, 01:16 PM
free copy? will rep

Bad Words
10-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Free copy went to rektt, and it's the only one I had. Can get them for $35.35 (including shipping) though for anyone that's already posted in this thread.

xdestron
10-27-2010, 01:40 PM
The only thing Im mad about is that they got rid of the expression wheel. Now I only have a choice of a good or bad expression. I do not understand the logic in removing all the possible choices.

wtfman.jpg

ElToro1025
10-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Has anyone done couch coop? The wife has enjoyed playing this game. But we usually just pass the controller back and forth, I fight and she walks around buys stuff and updates her outfit. Specifically what i want to know about the couch coop is, is it sill one camera angle or splitscreen and when you bring in the second player is it the customized character or the predetermined ones? Oh and does the 2nd character have a dog?

cncman
10-27-2010, 02:10 PM
fable is way too short, ill wait for reviews before I play it

ch00se
10-27-2010, 02:18 PM
what do gnomes sound like anyone?

ElToro1025
10-27-2010, 02:25 PM
what do gnomes sound like anyone?

Are gnomes the new gargoyles? The gargoyles from FII had a really bad english accent, and would talk trash. Your breath is so bad I can smell it from here, your teeth are so bad you must be from the UK...stuff like that.

ch00se
10-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Are gnomes the new gargoyles? The gargoyles from FII had a really bad english accent, and would talk trash. Your breath is so bad I can smell it from here, your teeth are so bad you must be from the UK...stuff like that.

thats island ***got to you, seriously lulz at that

yeah they are new gargoyles, no idea how to spot them though

wrenny420
10-27-2010, 03:41 PM
choose get on with me and lets do the cop demon door in mist valley plz

ch00se
10-27-2010, 03:47 PM

im on phgt

ch00se
10-27-2010, 04:35 PM

i just got the tickle pack if you wanna try again

Pacific-Baller
10-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Free copy went to rektt, and it's the only one I had. Can get them for $32.50 (including shipping) though for anyone that's already posted in this thread.

Will you ship to Sydney, AUS?

http://paradoxdgn.com/junk/avatars/trollface.jpg

thegenerel
10-27-2010, 07:19 PM
just a heads up, buy as much property as you can and rent it out.

your gonna need a TON of money.

ch00se
10-27-2010, 07:21 PM
just a heads up, buy as much property as you can and rent it out.

your gonna need a TON of money.

just got 50k from a 10 key silver box, went ballin' outta control and bought most of one of the towns

reps if anyone can tell me where that gold chest is, its pretty close to the start of the game, still not managed to rediscover it

thegenerel
10-27-2010, 07:57 PM
just got 50k from a 10 key silver box, went ballin' outta control and bought most of one of the towns

reps if anyone can tell me where that gold chest is, its pretty close to the start of the game, still not managed to rediscover it

dont bother with clothes or other crap.

any money you make, reinvest in property. let the game run too.

if not, it will be next to impossible to make all good/moral decisions and well...i wont spoil it.

10-27-2010, 08:00 PM

if not, it will be next to impossible to make all good/moral decisions and well...i wont spoil it.

can probably go off live, change the date on ur xbox to like 10 years in the future and youll log in with alot of cash. this worked in fable 2 but idk

is this worth buying? just looks like fable 2 all over again

thegenerel
10-27-2010, 08:10 PM
ok, once you become king. go to that sunset hills and the demon door has one million gold coins. i did that and bought pretty much every property outside of bowerstone market.

over 40k every five mins. ballin'

thegenerel
10-27-2010, 08:11 PM
can probably go off live, change the date on ur xbox to like 10 years in the future and youll log in with alot of cash. this worked in fable 2 but idk

is this worth buying? just looks like fable 2 all over again

without a doubt its better. imo, it rivals the first. a far more 'epic' storyline by the literature meaning, not the misc "omg epic thread" definition.

ch00se
10-27-2010, 08:50 PM
without a doubt its better. imo, it rivals the first. a far more 'epic' storyline by the literature meaning, not the misc "omg epic thread" definition.

this game is so good (serious)

it vastly improves on the second, and like generel says it rivals the first - which i rate very highly

roms15
10-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Has anyone done couch coop? The wife has enjoyed playing this game. But we usually just pass the controller back and forth, I fight and she walks around buys stuff and updates her outfit. Specifically what i want to know about the couch coop is, is it sill one camera angle or splitscreen and when you bring in the second player is it the customized character or the predetermined ones? Oh and does the 2nd character have a dog?

someone answer this

thegenerel
10-27-2010, 10:10 PM
someone answer this

wasnt he talking about the 2nd? the 2nd has crappy co-op and they players are have to remain in the same screen.

the 3rd is a true co-op where you can join other games and have full roam abilities.

BBmisc420196
10-27-2010, 10:46 PM
How far is everyone right now? I only got to play 1 hour today and mostly just screwed around. Im in bowerstone right now. They made bowerstone area a LOT bigger

DUKENUK3M
10-28-2010, 02:39 AM
i've played it for a bit. So far it hasn't disappointed. I'm digging the storyline too.

ch00se
10-28-2010, 03:04 AM
i've played it for a bit. So far it hasn't disappointed. I'm digging the storyline too.

unsure how deep i am but im going to do everything in it first time through

its been a blast, better than 2 and i still enjoyed that a lot

Maiar
10-28-2010, 03:12 AM

x2. Do NOT fukc around with clothes etc. Invest in property ASAP and keep doing so throughout the game. ESPECIALLY if you are good.

Thank me later.

Pacific-Baller
10-28-2010, 03:36 AM
FUUU I want this game so freaking bad but I have my final uni exams in 2 weeks. Whenever I buy SP games I get addicted and spend hours on end trying to finish them ASAP haha I don't wanna get stuck trying to finish this instead of studying!

Help me brahs

Maiar
10-28-2010, 03:52 AM
FUUU I want this game so freaking bad but I have my final uni exams in 2 weeks. Whenever I buy SP games I get addicted and spend hours on end trying to finish them ASAP haha I don't wanna get stuck trying to finish this instead of studying!

Help me brahs

use it as motivation to study hard, knowing you can ace your exams and have all the time in the world to enjoy a quality gaming experience!

wrenny420
10-28-2010, 04:34 AM
around what amount of gold do you need for your first property?

anyone get any demon doors open yet?

first one is you need cop op thats married or something to do kiss, hug, and tickle. me and ch00se tried, could only hug. we both have the lovers pack, i dunno.

second door you need to bring your kid to it.

BluePenance
10-28-2010, 05:37 AM
first one is you need cop op thats married or something to do kiss, hug, and tickle. me and ch00se tried, could only hug. we both have the lovers pack, i dunno.
You guys on that phaggy time lulz

Is there still a corruption level (raising rent or not) like in 2 or is it just good/evil only?

How does the combat system work? Is it like 2 where you can just spam magic/melee/ranged and pretty much never get hurt?

thegenerel
10-28-2010, 05:44 AM
around what amount of gold do you need for your first property?

anyone get any demon doors open yet?

second door you need to bring your kid to it.

some are really cheap. i own at least 95% of the property in the whole world right now. they range from just over 1K to 250K (pawn shop in bowerstone market)

i did the revolution and i am a good guy. ill post all my tips and spoilers in white font a little later. there are a lot of decisions that could set you back in this game. just to hint...your brother knows a whole lot more than we are told at the start.

wrenny420
10-28-2010, 06:08 AM
some are really cheap. i own at least 95% of the property in the whole world right now. they range from just over 1K to 250K (pawn shop in bowerstone market)

i did the revolution and i am a good guy. ill post all my tips and spoilers in white font a little later. there are a lot of decisions that could set you back in this game. just to hint...your brother knows a whole lot more than we are told at the start.

ok. i have like 4k. guess ill go buy some properties.

anyone wanna form a business relationship?

wrenny420
10-28-2010, 06:19 AM
You guys on that phaggy time lulz

Is there still a corruption level (raising rent or not) like in 2 or is it just good/evil only?

How does the combat system work? Is it like 2 where you can just spam magic/melee/ranged and pretty much never get hurt?

combat is the same as last fables. maybe a bit more simple if thats any possible. its nice and smooth IMO. the whole "sanctuary" is awesome. its like a hub you can always go back to you with just pressing the start button. change weapons, outfits, fast travel, etc. they really made the game simple with a deep story. i like it.

wrenny420
10-28-2010, 06:20 AM
anyone know how to find out what your weapons need to do to get better? they told me to check them at armory but it really doesnt give me info to make it better..at least not on the 2 starter weapons

thegenerel
10-28-2010, 07:14 AM
ok. i have like 4k. guess ill go buy some properties.

anyone wanna form a business relationship?

sure. i have everything bought. you should be able to make money off me. at this point money wont be an issue later in the game. the math comes out to roughly 700k/hr each hour the game runs.

thegenerel
10-28-2010, 07:32 AM
ok, so here are my good king cliffs. in white below. any questions, pm me.

- save everyone you can. dont sacrifice anyone. itll be ok (like walter)
- once you start the desert mission, you are going to start the revolution. you will head back to albion and revolt.
- keep your brother alive. you need his help
- that evil prescence is coming to albion. you need 6.5M gold to save every person in the kingdom. it will arrive in 1 year. that time only passes after one completes his daily task sheet. so if you go through 5 days of side quests, the 'countdown' will not run.
- buy property. once you are king/queen go to sunset hills and open the demon door. it has 1M gold inside. buy as much property as you can.
- as king, you have a daily task sheet, such as budget decisions and quests. its possible to make good choices and spend money. keeping your promise to aurora costs 700k, but to break it brings in 200k. if you own all the in game property, it shouldnt be too difficult. make sure you focus on only spending on property and side quests and slowly advance the in game story. im not sure how far it goes.

ElToro1025
10-28-2010, 07:35 AM
wasnt he talking about the 2nd? the 2nd has crappy co-op and they players are have to remain in the same screen.

the 3rd is a true co-op where you can join other games and have full roam abilities.

No I was talking about Fable 3. I know with "Live" Co op you will be able to link up and free roam, bring in your own character and your dog. Just wanted to know if couch co op was going to be the same as live.

wrenny420
10-28-2010, 07:42 AM
sure. i have everything bought. you should be able to make money off me. at this point money wont be an issue later in the game. the math comes out to roughly 700k/hr each hour the game runs.

it doesnt do the offline thing anymore?

wrenny420
10-28-2010, 07:43 AM
No I was talking about Fable 3. I know with "Live" Co op you will be able to link up and free roam, bring in your own character and your dog. Just wanted to know if couch co op was going to be the same as live.

i belive it is. i added a controller to see what happened. a new hero came in because that profile had no heroes. try it.

thegenerel
10-28-2010, 07:56 AM

eh, it might be the same as fable 2. i would guess that there is no split screen.

it doesnt do the offline thing anymore?

i was under the impression that it did not, maybe im wrong.

wrenny420
10-28-2010, 08:00 AM
eh, it might be the same as fable 2. i would guess that there is no split screen.

i was under the impression that it did not, maybe im wrong.

i bet it doesnt because it was so easy to manipulate in fable 2

N4th4n
10-28-2010, 08:24 AM
any tips on getting laid in-game?

ElToro1025
10-28-2010, 09:37 AM
ch00se you still lookin for gnomes?

LOnJEJ6x6Jk

U3P1kpGrPq4

thegenerel
10-28-2010, 11:04 AM
any tips on getting laid in-game?

there are whores which you can bang. just take their hand.

others you need to become friends with.

wrenny420
10-28-2010, 11:07 AM
5 more hours till i can play.

:(

Dhboy
10-28-2010, 11:43 AM
no online play??

wrenny420
10-28-2010, 12:01 PM
no online play??

Daly_City
10-28-2010, 12:06 PM
no online play??

notsureifsrs

ch00se
10-28-2010, 02:01 PM
ch00se you still lookin for gnomes?

LOnJEJ6x6Jk

U3P1kpGrPq4

nah im good brah, you gotta complete 2 quests before they become active in the world, got around half of them now

themadgreek187
10-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Free copy went to rektt, and it's the only one I had. Can get them for $32.50 (including shipping) though for anyone that's already posted in this thread.

hey man i'm interested in this.

Bosh92
10-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Coming out tommorow in the UK, gunna try and pick up the collectors edition if possible just because I love fable

ErikG803
10-28-2010, 02:51 PM

Sup fellow Washingtonbrah, interested. Sent you a PM.

rektt
10-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Just going to let everyone on that Bad Words is legit. No anthrax was found in the packaging. Went from Washington to Florida in 2 days.

Awesome guy aswell.

ElToro1025
10-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Just going to let everyone on that Bad Words is legit. No anthrax was found in the packaging. Went from Washington to Florida in 2 days.

Awesome guy aswell.

I paid him today and he shipped the game, he seemed legit, i will let you know in a few days.

wrenny420
10-28-2010, 06:41 PM
generel you logging on anytime soon?

i want dat dere business relationship

ch00se
10-28-2010, 08:42 PM

ill take you up on that offer brah, wanna get married also? (no homo)

BBmisc420196
10-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Quick question for those who have figured things out.

If you die, is there scaring? Is there a way to look at your good/evil?

trying to understand the good/evil setup of this one.

1 more question too. Is there way to chose what you do when targeting people. Like for me I can just pick 1 thing at a time(example, dance, hug)

wrenny420
10-29-2010, 04:25 AM

ya. fck i dont even have the enteruepreprepr pack yet. working last few days. ill be on tonight for sure tho and play a lot.

ill marry you brah. you got a house for us? (no homo)

wrenny420
10-29-2010, 04:26 AM
Quick question for those who have figured things out.

If you die, is there scaring? Is there a way to look at your good/evil?

trying to understand the good/evil setup of this one.

1 more question too. Is there way to chose what you do when targeting people. Like for me I can just pick 1 thing at a time(example, dance, hug)

1) no idea

2) in your sanct theres a lil thing that says hero status in main room. think it tells you what you are there.

3) no, they are complaining about the expression system this year. they are random. you onyl get 2 options but they change.

thegenerel
10-29-2010, 07:17 AM

only on for a minute last night, thursdays are busy.

it wouldve been nice if someone picked a female. its an achievement to have a baby w/ someone. someone here needs to be a woman so we can breed you out.

3) no, they are complaining about the expression system this year. they are random. you onyl get 2 options but they change.

there is supposed to be a progression to it now, but its all part of making the game streamlined, which imo, has worked. jumping between the world/map/sanctuary is a lot smoother than i expected.

wrenny420
10-29-2010, 07:28 AM
yeah this game ****s all over fable 2. i liked fable 2 but this one is awesome. not as good as one because thats always epic but definiately good.

whow ants to be the female whore!!

ElToro1025
10-29-2010, 07:40 AM
I'll spread my legs for all of you. You just have to give me until early next week, game is being shipped

BBmisc420196
10-29-2010, 11:05 PM
haha I noticed it says "most sex partners" as a stat. IS that at a time :D

DUKENUK3M
10-30-2010, 01:47 AM
Just finished it before. It's quite short and easy, but enjoyable nonetheless. Definitely better than Fable 2

I was expecting more quests as the King though.

Maiar
10-30-2010, 06:18 AM
so I was at the point of no return with about 1000 gold to my name. I wanted to be a good king, so the next 10+ hours of fund raising was a giant bitch and a half. Finished it and rolling female now.

Epic game. I really wanna see some reference to fable 1 though.

haha I noticed it says "most sex partners" as a stat. IS that at a time :D

i think so lulz

ch00se
10-30-2010, 07:20 AM
so I was at the point of no return with about 1000 gold to my name. I wanted to be a good king, so the next 10+ hours of fund raising was a giant bitch and a half. Finished it and rolling female now.

Epic game. I really wanna see some reference to fable 1 though.

i think so lulz

im nearly king, im taking my time with it though - literally going to finish everything (and i mean everything) before i advance the game

marry me with your female phgt? lets have a kid and get that achievement, yo

gt - chef g ramsey

xdestron
10-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Am I the only one who liked Fable 2 better?

BBmisc420196
10-30-2010, 11:29 AM
I think so lol. How far in are you?

wrenny420
10-30-2010, 01:25 PM

yes.

ElToro1025
10-30-2010, 03:16 PM
I paid him today and he shipped the game, he seemed legit, i will let you know in a few days.

Got the game today. Thanks broseidon.

Bad Words
10-30-2010, 03:40 PM

Apparently I'm very unaware of how fast USPS is. I used to sell stuff on ebay 7-9 years ago and it would take like 5+ days to get anywhere outside my state.

Erik - shipped today, should reach you Monday.

Maiar
10-30-2010, 08:54 PM
im nearly king, im taking my time with it though - literally going to finish everything (and i mean everything) before i advance the game

marry me with your female phgt? lets have a kid and get that achievement, yo

gt - chef g ramsey

sure, I'll be the misc breeder. will pleh when home from work

nikka you crazy

DLTBB
11-01-2010, 05:00 AM
I finished the game with -2million gold and now nobody is alive it ****ing sucks.

ch00se
11-01-2010, 05:02 AM

gj toro man, you wanna play see the future?

if not, anybody else want to play see the future fable 2 dlc? ive got it but my char got wiped, if someones still hasnt played it id love to co op that ****, even if im a guest in their world

DUKENUK3M
11-01-2010, 06:43 AM
I finished the game with -2million gold and now nobody is alive it ****ing sucks.

Hahaha

I read that if you go to sleep in the game, people will begin to reappear when you've woken up ... but they will hate you.

thegenerel
11-01-2010, 07:49 AM

how did you do that? try to make all good decisions? i posted a few tips how to make a ton of money and still have the best outcome possible.

DLTBB
11-01-2010, 11:00 AM
how did you do that? try to make all good decisions? i posted a few tips how to make a ton of money and still have the best outcome possible.

Yeah made all the good decisions and didn't donate anything my self. I restarted the game earlier but I've murdered 80 people and can't be bothered to pay a 20k fine using level 1 pie making so I think Fable is done with for now.

Lanny14
11-01-2010, 11:04 AM
going for good king etc.

Im at the point where Im on my way to Aurora(sp?). Anyway, what should I do before I leave? I already own like 7-8 buildings that are rented out. what now?

ErikG803
11-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Got my copy from Bad Words today. Thanks brah, measly reps.

Maiar
11-01-2010, 08:30 PM
going for good king etc.

Im at the point where Im on my way to Aurora(sp?). Anyway, what should I do before I leave? I already own like 7-8 buildings that are rented out. what now?

try and build your business empire before you go aurora so while you're there you have a steady income. Do some odd jobs, sell some stuff, invest in some buildings.

There is a point of no return when you are king/queen, if you don't exceed that you can make all the money you want and take as long as you want. It does take a while, but if you buy all the expensive legit buildings and just quest for a couple hours you should get pretty close, at which point you can sell off your best real estate as well as all the gems etc from your travels.

Dexxter
11-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Just finished it and this guy completely sums up how I feel about Fable 3

I'm not going to say that I am the greatest writer in the world, nor even - I suspect - at all competent. However, any child would know when a story is poorly paced. It doesn't feel right, it doesn't feel good, it doesn't feel well written. When you view the story, you think in your heart, "This is not how this story should be laid out. This should not happen here, this should not happen there, this should not be so short." It is easily possible to tell when a story has very, very bad pacing.

So, why the hell is Fable 3's pacing f***** up so much?

When I first heard the plot, I thought to myself, "Hmm, Autarch, this sounds like a three arc storyline taking place in two countries. The hero starts out adventuring in his homeland (Arc 1: The Journey Begins), ventures to find allies in Aurora (Arc 2: Stranger in a Strange Land) and then returns home to be triumphant and sit on the throne as king to plan out a fight with the Aurorans he's pissed off or something (Arc 3: Return of the King)." This was before I knew we weren't fighting the Aurorans, but I digress.

Anyhow, the storyline is set up like this. It was a perfect set up for a rather massive three arc storyline. I could see it planned out in my head so vividly it was beautiful. A typical classic "growing up" story with a neat twist at the end.

And, instead, we got this poorly planned, poorly paced, utterly moronically designed plot. Instead of three fully grown arcs, we got one fully grown arc and two malformed and sickly runts that were put down hilariously swiftly. Truly, how quickly was the Hero out of Aurora and onto the throne? And then how quickly off making important decisions off the throne and onto just a normal Fable game ending?

Don't get me started on the Nightcrawler and his utter lack of antagonism for an entire in-game year. What a good way to build suspense, drama, anticipation for the final battle with an ultimate evil... By having him do nothing! You'd already revealed his hand in the fight in Aurora, why the f*** did you not include more skirmishes etc with shadows? They were your final enemies and, going through the storyline, I saw them TWICE. The Hero-King should be protecting his people as well as ruling over them, why were there not attacks by shadows? I DON'T GET IT.

We all know why this happened, of course. We all know why Aurora (a place we'd never seen before and would've loved to have explored) was about five areas of repeating terrain. We all know why mechanics were cut and the Hero was only on the throne for about an hour. We ALL know why the game seems so gammy handed and poorly paced.

It was f****** rushed out within two years. I'm sure the writers did a brilliant job of writing the scripts and the plot. I'm sure the game designers had a perfect design in mind. And I'm sure that the developers would've been happy to work for a bit longer in order to iron out any flaws.

But, no, it was a two year job. Rush the game out, collect full price of money for something that should've been half of that and then release DLC to patch up the holes. There's only so much people can do in two years, and evidently it wasn't enough to fix Fable 3's terrible pacing issues. (Nor it's bugs or it's mechanics, but you know how it is.)

I'm not certain I'll buy the next Fable, if it's rushed in the same way. I'm not sure I'll buy any other Lionhead game, due to Molyneux's desire to change things for the sake of changing them and then not fixing the problems that are broken.

It annoys me that Fable 3 is a game that could've been given another year of development and polish and been one of the contenders for greatest game of all time but, due to greed and human stupidity, is now resigned to the depths of mediocrity on a rushed release cycle.

Autarch out.

wrenny420
11-02-2010, 09:08 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

you and that poster are dumb. cant enjoy fable for what it is.

10x better than fable 2 and almost as good as fable 1.

Dexxter
11-02-2010, 09:42 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

It's a rushed, unfinished game.

ch00se
11-02-2010, 11:08 PM
It's a rushed, unfinished game.

gotta agree, the game itself is great - ive had a blast playing so far

you can tell the game isnt as polished as it should be, and that makes me angry

Lanny14
11-06-2010, 07:45 AM
gotta agree, the game itself is great - ive had a blast playing so far

you can tell the game isnt as polished as it should be, and that makes me angry

agreed, its just the whole battle to overthrow the king and then you just ****ing walk in, theres a cut scene, no fight with your brother at all, and then youre king? what the **** man

i liked the game, but they could have easily spent more time developing it

FalseCreek
04-25-2011, 09:10 PM
worth buying for PC?

TheAnimal_013
04-25-2011, 09:22 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

For what it's worth I felt that Fable 1 was a good game. Enjoyable but not "wow this is epic" quality.

I rented fable 1 when it came out after hearing all this hype about it and was like "well ok, they're making games with relatively intricate concepts. They'll work out the kinks for the sequel".

I have COMPLETE FAITH in Fable 2 and buy it right when it comes out because I was convinced that devs would make a huge improvement. Imo I really thought Fable 2 sucked. I played through it once, it was an ok experience, then AFTER i beat it I realized there's essentially next to nothing to do. Imo Fable 2 was a waste of my money. Should've rented that one as well.

Didn't expect to buy Fable3 after what a disappointment 2 was (story, characters, gameplay, everything). Decided to just ride it out and wait and see what other people had to say. Glad I chose not to buy. This looks like just another Fable game. They've been getting crappier and crappier since the first one and Fable 1 (while it had all the potential in the world) was only a pretty good game. Still short of what I'd call a "great" game.

Niko49ers
11-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Ending pissed me off.

I had bought basically everything in every cillage. Homes, stores, stalls, etc. The only one I didn't touch was the lake with $150,000+ houses.

Was getting about $70,000 every 5 minutes.

I had 121 days until my attack. So, I figured okay, obviously the game wont skipt 121 days and make the whole year complete, so I did the king's agenda.... to my surprise, after I completed it... SHABAM. The year is complete! The darkness is attacking. Everybody is dead after I defeate the darkness.

Why the fukc did you not hint at me when I completed the agenda, the game would skip 121 fukcing days? I would have done some questing and let my money rack up. Then, put in 6,500,000 into the treasury and be safe. But no, I was $800,000 in debt when the darkness hit because I had no idea the game was going to skip 121 days.

//rant

FinalCountdown
11-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Ending pissed me off.

I had bought basically everything in every cillage. Homes, stores, stalls, etc. The only one I didn't touch was the lake with $150,000+ houses.

Was getting about $70,000 every 5 minutes.

I had 121 days until my attack. So, I figured okay, obviously the game wont skipt 121 days and make the whole year complete, so I did the king's agenda.... to my surprise, after I completed it... SHABAM. The year is complete! The darkness is attacking. Everybody is dead after I defeate the darkness.

Why the fukc did you not hint at me when I completed the agenda, the game would skip 121 fukcing days? I would have done some questing and let my money rack up. Then, put in 6,500,000 into the treasury and be safe. But no, I was $800,000 in debt when the darkness hit because I had no idea the game was going to skip 121 days.

//rant

loooool

I don't even want to play this game because I have this feeling like I know it isn't as good as the original Fable. Fable 2 despite what some people said, was actually a pretty decent sequel but there were certain changes I didn't really like.

Phal4nx
11-02-2011, 06:51 PM
I haven't played Fable III yet but I picked up Fable II last week because it was only like 15 dollars. I thought it was a pretty good game and I spent hours doing side quests and buying every property in the world (Had a lot of fun doing that). I was really disappointed with the main quest story though. That was over very quickly and the 'boss' you fight at the end was not a boss at all. Wtf?

Also those trolls and stone spires were pretty easy to defeat with maxed out accuracy, speed + a good rifle.

Am I going to get the same experience with Fable III?

Niko49ers
11-02-2011, 08:09 PM
loooool

I don't even want to play this game because I have this feeling like I know it isn't as good as the original Fable. Fable 2 despite what some people said, was actually a pretty decent sequel but there were certain changes I didn't really like.

I remembered that I liked Fable 2 when I played it. But it was forever ago and I forgot about it. Then I came across Fable 3 in Wal-Mart last week and was like... "Damn. Theres a Fable 3?"

I like the game. (Both really). But jesus. Can't there be a "I would advise you to check over your treasury once more your majesty, the next event after you complete today's agenda won't be for quite a while..."

I would think "Oh, okay. Thanks. I'll go put money in my treasury now."

But its... "Complete todays agenda."
Okay.
*does agenda"
Gameplay: Skips 121 days
BOOM! THE WAR HAS OCCURRED! DARKNESS IS ATTACKING! Since you didn't raise $6,500,000 by the time the darkness attacked your majesty, all of your citizens have died. Congratulations. You've beaten the darkness, but now you get to roam your empire all alone.

TheBuffmuffin
11-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Regardless of the glitchy gameplay and shorty story line I found myself thoroughly enjoying the game. Like an above poster mentioned the end is semi dissapoonting and the days till invasion countdown is wack.