PDA

View Full Version : When does the new Macbook Pro come out?

snizzle77
10-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Hey guise

family is buying a macbook pro as a gift for someone

I know the current one was released with some processor update earlier this April, I believe?

Any news on when they will come out with another change to it?

Don't want to buy it and have fukin Steve change something and have it be outdated that fast.

inb4 mac haters

I don't really care, it's not mine. just need to know

supacrazymonkey
10-21-2010, 11:22 AM
many people think it'll come out Q1 of 2011. very close to the sandy bridge release. I'm waiting for that too, will be getting the 13"

jamesdubya
10-21-2010, 11:38 AM
many people think it'll come out Q1 of 2011. very close to the sandy bridge release. I'm waiting for that too, will be getting the 13"

I'd agree with this, but not sure how this whole CPU + GPU think is going to shake down. Felt bad buying a 13" with C2D back in May, but the batt life is pretty crazy.

FYI macrumors has a buyer's guide on their website (can't link) that it has shows the trends when it comes to Apple updating their products.

snizzle77
10-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Would they really release a new one after the holiday season??

supacrazymonkey
10-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Would they really release a new one after the holiday season??

because intel is releasing the new sandy bridge processors then. btw this is all speculation lulz. maybe they'll upgrade the ipad before the holiday season. seems like a popular gift idea

whiskey55
10-21-2010, 11:56 AM
here's the buyer's guide; says they'll be updating soon.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Pro

snizzle77
10-21-2010, 04:56 PM
because intel is releasing the new sandy bridge processors then. btw this is all speculation lulz. maybe they'll upgrade the ipad before the holiday season. seems like a popular gift idea

I know man, probably. I'm surprised everyday by how many people buy those. No offense to any of you who have one.....but come on. It's worthless. It doesn't have all the functions of a laptop, but not small enough to be like an iphone/itouch. And to top it all off, the price is ridiculous.