PDA

View Full Version : Tips and Tricks

ekubatzke
10-10-2010, 08:17 AM
I am fast approaching my first competition this weekend (small local competition in freeport, IL) and I am looking to get some tips as to day of/night before things to remember. Just those little things that people forget and wished they had done/remembered. I am having a friend who is an avid competitor help me with my diet and water etc so i dont need too much in that dept.

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: ALSO!! I will be using a Mystic HD as my source of my tan pre-contest (auto spray tan stuff) and I have been tanning for the last couple of months solidly. Anyone done this before? I also got pro-tans oil so im covered there. Again any tips appreciated

DanTheManB
10-10-2010, 08:20 AM
I am fast approaching my first competition this weekend (small local competition in freeport, IL) and I am looking to get some tips as to day of/night before things to remember. Just those little things that people forget and wished they had done/remembered. I am having a friend who is an avid competitor help me with my diet and water etc so i dont need too much in that dept.

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: ALSO!! I will be using a Mystic HD as my source of my tan pre-contest (auto spray tan stuff) and I have been tanning for the last couple of months solidly. Anyone done this before? I also got pro-tans oil so im covered there. Again any tips appreciated

just get lean,son.

dont fuk with water or sodium. dont creatine load. if lean enough carbload like a demon beginning thur ...or even wed if real depleted. and have fun.

bigsd67
10-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Ditto on not changing water/sodium.

Contest color from Mystic is probably not dark enough. I'd go with Pro Tan Comp Color/Jan Tana combo. Or Dream Tan 2.

ekubatzke
10-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Ditto on not changing water/sodium.

Contest color from Mystic is probably not dark enough. I'd go with Pro Tan Comp Color/Jan Tana combo. Or Dream Tan 2.

well the thing is I have a free one and im a broke ass college student lol. I know i could be darker than what its going to get me but I also know this is a small competition and my first. My primary goal in this comp is to get experience and learn. If i get 1st great, if i get last who cares. My goal here is to learn ( but if i get last ill probably still be pretty pissed haha)

surfergirl36
10-10-2010, 10:01 AM
well the thing is I have a free one and im a broke ass college student lol. I know i could be darker than what its going to get me but I also know this is a small competition and my first. My primary goal in this comp is to get experience and learn. If i get 1st great, if i get last who cares. My goal here is to learn ( but if i get last ill probably still be pretty pissed haha)

The tan will make a difference though. Dream tan isn`t that expensive. Under 30 bucks and will last you a long time. Good luck!!

ekubatzke
10-10-2010, 10:28 AM
The tan will make a difference though. Dream tan isn`t that expensive. Under 30 bucks and will last you a long time. Good luck!!

i saw a few people using dream tan and it looked almost gold...is this normal? lol

Barn01
10-11-2010, 05:16 PM
i saw a few people using dream tan and it looked almost gold...is this normal? lol

That was DT#1 ... Get DT#2

Mystic is a joke and will NOT be dark enough. I use the darkest combo of stuff I can get for mystic and that's just for a photoshoot. The price of DT is still less than one Mystic and it will last you 2 shows.

alex a
10-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Many people don know that dream tan comes in spray and cream and the cream is what gives that golden look but takes a lot of work to apply it proper..

The guy that owns the company works out at my gym and he advises people not to mess with the cream unless they know how to use it properly... the spray is similar to pro tan but is a little darker in color and the spray bottle has a faster trigger..

anyways.. some good advise is this... if you get your bodyfat nice and low, do your homework before the last week those little tricks of the trade become less important, you can hardly screw up when your in great shape..

ekubatzke
10-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Many people don know that dream tan comes in spray and cream and the cream is what gives that golden look but takes a lot of work to apply it proper..

The guy that owns the company works out at my gym and he advises people not to mess with the cream unless they know how to use it properly... the spray is similar to pro tan but is a little darker in color and the spray bottle has a faster trigger..

anyways.. some good advise is this... if you get your bodyfat nice and low, do your homework before the last week those little tricks of the trade become less important, you can hardly screw up when your in great shape..

well right now im at about 3-4% bf so my in shape part of it isn't even a question. im saying like things to bring to a show etc. things you just wouldn't think of

DanTheManB
10-11-2010, 09:44 PM
well right now im at about 3-4% bf so my in shape part of it isn't even a question. im saying like things to bring to a show etc. things you just wouldn't think of

towels, latex gloves, bands, dream tan, food, extra clothing, sandals shoes and socks....supplements if needed....music (posing music) headphones, pillow (never know)

camera video + digital.....smile and positive outlook no matter what happens

ekubatzke
10-12-2010, 07:46 AM
towels, latex gloves, bands, dream tan, food, extra clothing, sandals shoes and socks....supplements if needed....music (posing music) headphones, pillow (never know)

camera video + digital.....smile and positive outlook no matter what happens

thank you! this is what im looking for! cept my competition rules state no tanning products backstage (WTF) oh well at least they allow for oil back there.

surfergirl36
10-12-2010, 07:51 AM
thank you! this is what im looking for! cept my competition rules state no tanning products backstage (WTF) oh well at least they allow for oil back there.

I would do the dream tan at home then and just do touch ups in the parking lot before you go in. That should work, no problem.

ekubatzke
10-12-2010, 07:52 AM
I would do the dream tan at home then and just do touch ups in the parking lot before you go in. That should work, no problem.

haha okay thank you. ordering dream tan with rush shipping to hopefully make it here by friday :/

Barn01
10-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Don't use any oil ... just a very light mist of PAM is all you need.

DanTheManB
10-12-2010, 08:54 AM

x2..

ekubatzke
10-12-2010, 12:03 PM

is this a real tip? or a joke? I already have the oil, i bought muscle juice oil from protan.

DanTheManB
10-12-2010, 03:20 PM
is this a real tip? or a joke? I already have the oil, i bought muscle juice oil from protan.

no joke

Justin-27
10-12-2010, 03:51 PM

3%?
In for pics then!

Barn01
10-12-2010, 04:08 PM

I wasn't joking!!! ... since you were complaining about money I'm surprised you bought that stuff. I wouldn't use it and would stick with PAM but that's just me. You can check out my Tan and make the call.

alex a
10-12-2010, 05:51 PM
I dont think anyone mentioned this but .. bring 2 copies of your music..

I was competing at a show years ago and my music didnt play for some reason even after checking it at home..... but i had a back up CD sitting right there back stage and i grabbed it and was able to get the song playing with little delay...

Also bring extra posing trunks.. you never know when you get a tear

ekubatzke
10-12-2010, 06:00 PM
I wasn't joking!!! ... since you were complaining about money I'm surprised you bought that stuff. I wouldn't use it and would stick with PAM but that's just me. You can check out my Tan and make the call.

well this oil was seriously like 5 bucks off of bb.com so i wasn't too worried about that but pam just sounded silly. But i fully believe you on this and I'll make that judgement call later this week

As for the extra posing suit, i only have my one so i cant do that since those jokers are expensive!!

ekubatzke
10-14-2010, 03:42 AM
SO! i got my dream tan overnighted and it's here. My competition is saturday so how does this sound for an idea. Tonight apply a coat and then saturday morning of the comp apply a coat? My comp is on saturday at 11am. I know i read that the stuff takes 3 hrs to dry or something and im busy all day/late friday so im curious if this will be okay.

Also, it says not to apply to your face...true? wont my face look stupid?

Justin.Martin
10-14-2010, 03:55 AM
well this oil was seriously like 5 bucks off of bb.com so i wasn't too worried about that but pam just sounded silly. But i fully believe you on this and I'll make that judgement call later this week

As for the extra posing suit, i only have my one so i cant do that since those jokers are expensive!!

Just be careful with the oils. Some have a tendency to make the tan run and streak. I would do a trial run before you get to the show, just so you know how you skin will take the tanner and oil.

A ton of people use Pam. It is Cheep and Effective and you can get a real "shine" on stage.

Justin.Martin
10-14-2010, 04:01 AM
SO! i got my dream tan overnighted and it's here. My competition is saturday so how does this sound for an idea. Tonight apply a coat and then saturday morning of the comp apply a coat? My comp is on saturday at 11am. I know i read that the stuff takes 3 hrs to dry or something and im busy all day/late friday so im curious if this will be okay.

I used dream tan at my last show. Loved it, but here is how you do it.

The process is to put on a semi-thick coating the night before, put on some old clothes and sleep in the stuff. Don't put any on your hands, feet or face so that you can sleep in it without getting the stuff everywhere. Put down some old sheets or a bunch of towels on the bed because you will get **** all over the place when you sleep, you just want to hope to minimize this.

The next morning before pre-judging you touch up the tan to get out any blotches or spots that were thinned out from the night before's sleep and then you also apply it to your face, hands and feet. Put the clothes on after pre-judging and do the same thing before the night show.

As you apply it, just start by rubbing it on like you would with a lotion, then once you get a good area covered, and it should be somewhat thick, you just start patting your skin. This will get rid of any streaking that my be occur while you rub it on.

Good luck, just remember to slap it in. That's the biggest key when it comes to dream tan. And the best thing is it will come off that night with water and baby oil. It won't leave you orange for a week like pro-tan. Mine washed off completely in 1 shower.

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff323/soldier4life21/2010%20Cardnial%20Classic/DSC01535.jpg

ekubatzke
10-14-2010, 04:03 AM
I used dream tan at my last show. Loved it, but here is how you do it.

The process is to put on a semi-thick coating the night before, put on some old clothes and sleep in the stuff. Don't put any on your hands, feet or face so that you can sleep in it without getting the stuff everywhere. Put down some old sheets or a bunch of towels on the bed because you will get **** all over the place when you sleep, you just want to hope to minimize this.

The next morning before pre-judging you touch up the tan to get out any blotches or spots that were thinned out from the night before's sleep and then you also apply it to your face, hands and feet. Put the clothes on after pre-judging and do the same thing before the night show.

As you apply it, just start by rubbing it on like you would with a lotion, then once you get a good area covered, and it should be somewhat thick, you just start patting your skin. This will get rid of any streaking that my be occur while you rub it on.

Good luck, just remember to slap it in. That's the biggest key when it comes to dream tan. And the best thing is it will come off that night with water and baby oil. It won't leave you orange for a week like pro-tan. Mine washed off completely in 1 shower.

thanks for the tips. I do have the spray and not the lotion though so im concerned they dont exactly adhere the same

surfergirl36
10-14-2010, 12:20 PM

I'm not sure what the guys here do but I bought some really dark foundation make up and then added in just a touch of dream tan and mixed in together for my face. It blended quite well.

Barn01
10-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Cut the tag out of your suit, you don't want that sticking out on stage and I've seen it happen!

Exfoliate really well before applying any tanner. It will make the tan look more natural so get some body scrub and a scrub glove.

For the face I still use tanner but apply with a makeup pad so you can control how much goes on. Keep the face a shade lighter and blend at the neck.

Remember the PAM is a light rain mist not a spray on.

Good luck!

surfergirl36
10-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Cut the tag out of your suit, you don't want that sticking out on stage and I've seen it happen!

Exfoliate really well before applying any tanner. It will make the tan look more natural so get some body scrub and a scrub glove.

For the face I still use tanner but apply with a makeup pad so you can control how much goes on. Keep the face a shade lighter and blend at the neck.

Remember the PAM is a light rain mist not a spray on.

Good luck!

Barn...guys don't glue their suits like the women do, do they?? Just a passing thought I was curious about...

ekubatzke
10-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Barn...guys don't glue their suits like the women do, do they?? Just a passing thought I was curious about...

no they dont

Well guys your tips paid off! I used dream tan and it looked pretty good! I had some splochiness on my face but nothing to worry about. Here are some pics from the show..tells how well i did!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/XD9MM/ErikBodybuilding101610015.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/XD9MM/ErikBodybuilding101610026.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/XD9MM/DSCN2263.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/XD9MM/DSCN2274.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/XD9MM/DSCN2273.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/XD9MM/ErikBodybuilding101610025.jpg

And heres the vid of my routine
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/XD9MM/th_DSCF2087.jpg (http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/XD9MM/?action=view&current=DSCF2087.mp4)

It was my first comp and i LOVED it...definitely hooked for life...

Lemme know what ya think!

Barn01
10-21-2010, 09:18 AM

No but a really cutie asked me once so I let her. It was a disaster. Guys should never use bikini bite haha.