PDA

View Full Version : DP keto diet "cheat" meal

paggos_55
10-08-2010, 07:54 AM
I'm using the Dave palumbo keto diet pre contest for my first show with good results so far. I will be 7 weeks out tomorrow, my question regarding this diet has to do with the cheat meal.

Instead of carb ups on weekends the diet allows a "cheat" meal once a week to replenish gylcogen stores. I believe Dave recommends 300g of carbs in this meal, now should I be doing this clean eating oats, potatoes, ww pasta etc. Or should I do this "dirty" with pizza, ice cream etc.

Alot of people on the DP thread say to do it dirty to "shock" the metabolism more. But then again I'm not sure if any of them compete. Since calories are calories I figure the only difference might be some excess water retention with the dirty method

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Agostage
10-08-2010, 07:58 AM
there's nothing 'dirty' about pizza if you know exactly what's in it - likewise with anything else - 'dirty' to me is an excuse to eat a bunch of crap without counting precisely.

paggos_55
10-08-2010, 08:45 AM
there's nothing 'dirty' about pizza if you know exactly what's in it - likewise with anything else - 'dirty' to me is an excuse to eat a bunch of crap without counting precisely.

I agree. There really aren't any "dirty" or "clean" foods there is just food. Now obviously if I have some pizza or a burger I won't be able to track calories as percisley as if I ate oats for example.

So on this day I'll just bump cals to maintence or close too. If I do it "dirty" I wouldn't binge but I would just do my best to track cals. If I do it clean I can know exactly how many cals i'm eating

SupaaJ
10-08-2010, 11:56 AM
You're doing Dave's diet at 17 years old? Yikes.

Anyways, I wouldn't worry too much about the cheat, just do what most do pizza and ice cream or hit up a burger joint for a burger, fries and a milk shake.

paggos_55
10-08-2010, 12:04 PM
You're doing Dave's diet at 17 years old? Yikes.

Anyways, I wouldn't worry too much about the cheat, just do what most do pizza and ice cream or hit up a burger joint for a burger, fries and a milk shake.

Thanks for the advise bro. I'll probaly grab some pizza and Ice cream and keep it somewhat controled lmao.

But what's wrong with the DP diet at my age? Is ketosis not recommended at 17?If it helps I'm turning 18 in 2 weeks lol. But so far I've seen great results

SupaaJ
10-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the advise bro. I'll probaly grab some pizza and Ice cream and keep it somewhat controled lmao.

But what's wrong with the DP diet at my age? Is ketosis not recommended at 17?If it helps I'm turning 18 in 2 weeks lol. But so far I've seen great results

It's not gonna kill you (I'm not anti keto like many here). It's just a typical lower carb/carb cycling diet should work fine for someone your age.