PDA

View Full Version : How to carb load for a photoshoot (school project)

BigAnf
09-30-2010, 07:00 AM
I have a little photoshoot for school at 11am in the morning on wednesday...

How should I carb load or set out my diet to look my best for the shoot..

etc carb load the day/nite before?

You guys always have the best advice... Thanks!!

Aggressive
09-30-2010, 07:03 AM
Some info my mate gave me before. He's had a couple of comps

Sorry about format

Adjust this to week ok mate
Sunday (six days out)
Carb deplete (7 grams). Drink 2-3 gallons of H20. You should be running to the bathroom constantly and your urine should be clear if you are fully hydrated (sorry, minor inconvenience). Normal pre-contest diet foods.
Monday (five days out)
Carb deplete (70-grams). Drink 2-3 gallons of H20. Normal Pre-contest diet foods.
Tuesday (four days out)
Carb deplete (70- grams). Drink 2-3 gallons of H20. Eat normal pre-contest diet foods.
Wendesday (three days out)
Begin carbing up after training in the a.m. (350 grams). Very low sodium (drop the eggs, eat chicken and turkey only). White potatoes are a great carb up food. Drop H20 to 3/4 gallon, drink with meals. Last day of working out (a.m.). Take 400 mgs. of Potassium, 100 mg four times a day with meals.
Thursday (two days out)
Continue carbing up (300 grams, more if you look flat). Keep very low sodium, Drop water further to 1/2 gallon. Take 400 mgs potassium, 100 mg four times a day with meals.
Friday (one day out)
Continue carbing up (250-300 grams) bur back off carbs a little bit mid to late afternoon if you look completely full. If you look flat, then continue to eat carbs through Friday afternoon and evening). Drop water further to 1/4 gallon. Take 400 milligrams potassium, 100 mgs four times a day with meals. take extra Vitamin C, 500 mgs every meal, and B-6, 250 mgs in the morning and 250 mgs in the evening. (Both are mild diuretics) Take 2 multi minerals, 1 morning, 1 evening. Continue with high protein intake, maybe even increase protein intake (mild diuretic effect). Drink one small cup coffee or even a glass of wine (diuretics) in evening.
Satuday (Contest Day)
Drink very little water: sips only (but don't cut out water completely). Take in as close to zero sodium as humanly possible. For breakfast have a normal pre contest meal like oatmeal and egg whites. Then, "trickle in" carbs, maybe 50 grams every 1 1/2 hrs (potato- rice) . If you get up at 6:00 a.m. and you get onstage at 1:00 pm, that's another 250 grams of complex carbs prior to pre-judge.
Eat simple carbs when u pump up before you go out to work

_jim_
09-30-2010, 07:43 AM
I have a little photoshoot for school at 11am in the morning on wednesday...

How should I carb load or set out my diet to look my best for the shoot..

etc carb load the day/nite before?

You guys always have the best advice... Thanks!!

I would just follow Laynes protocol at the bottom of his article. Don't mess with sodium or bother with diuretics or supplimental potassium (bananas and potatos are a great carb and form of dietary potassium). IMO, a 3-4 day carb load is a sure fire way to spill over if you don't know your body. Don't do anything extreme in reguards to carbohydrates.

AustrianOakJr
09-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Some info my mate gave me before. He's had a couple of comps

Sorry about format

Adjust this to week ok mate
Sunday (six days out)
Carb deplete (7 grams). Drink 2-3 gallons of H20. You should be running to the bathroom constantly and your urine should be clear if you are fully hydrated (sorry, minor inconvenience). Normal pre-contest diet foods.
Monday (five days out)
Carb deplete (70-grams). Drink 2-3 gallons of H20. Normal Pre-contest diet foods.
Tuesday (four days out)
Carb deplete (70- grams). Drink 2-3 gallons of H20. Eat normal pre-contest diet foods.
Wendesday (three days out)
Begin carbing up after training in the a.m. (350 grams). Very low sodium (drop the eggs, eat chicken and turkey only). White potatoes are a great carb up food. Drop H20 to 3/4 gallon, drink with meals. Last day of working out (a.m.). Take 400 mgs. of Potassium, 100 mg four times a day with meals.
Thursday (two days out)
Continue carbing up (300 grams, more if you look flat). Keep very low sodium, Drop water further to 1/2 gallon. Take 400 mgs potassium, 100 mg four times a day with meals.
Friday (one day out)
Continue carbing up (250-300 grams) bur back off carbs a little bit mid to late afternoon if you look completely full. If you look flat, then continue to eat carbs through Friday afternoon and evening). Drop water further to 1/4 gallon. Take 400 milligrams potassium, 100 mgs four times a day with meals. take extra Vitamin C, 500 mgs every meal, and B-6, 250 mgs in the morning and 250 mgs in the evening. (Both are mild diuretics) Take 2 multi minerals, 1 morning, 1 evening. Continue with high protein intake, maybe even increase protein intake (mild diuretic effect). Drink one small cup coffee or even a glass of wine (diuretics) in evening.
Satuday (Contest Day)
Drink very little water: sips only (but don't cut out water completely). Take in as close to zero sodium as humanly possible. For breakfast have a normal pre contest meal like oatmeal and egg whites. Then, "trickle in" carbs, maybe 50 grams every 1 1/2 hrs (potato- rice) . If you get up at 6:00 a.m. and you get onstage at 1:00 pm, that's another 250 grams of complex carbs prior to pre-judge.
Eat simple carbs when u pump up before you go out to work

This sounds like a recipe to come in flat. Cutting sodium and reducing water is a great way to deflate. The body needs the sodium to drive the glucose into the muscle cells. It needs the water because as the muscle is loaded with glucose, it brings in water with it. When you are not fully hydrated, all that does is keep water/glucose from entering the muscle cell......there is a ratio of intracellular and extracellular water/electrolyte that is required for proper bodily function. You cant manipulate this ratio in any kind of drastic way....

To the OP, I would add that if you arent very lean, the carb up process really isnt noticeable to any degree. But simplest method for loading is to deplete carbs for a few days and then load heavy on the first day following the deplete and then taper carbs off from there until you are full. Keep water cranking the whole time. HOw many carbs depends on many different variables.

Withoutreason
09-30-2010, 09:05 AM
For school? lul wat

Only your face and maybe forearms will be on show?

DanTheManB
09-30-2010, 09:10 AM
For school? lul wat

Only your face and maybe forearms will be on show?

i was thinkin the same thing

Aggressive
09-30-2010, 09:14 AM
This sounds like a recipe to come in flat. Cutting sodium and reducing water is a great way to deflate. The body needs the sodium to drive the glucose into the muscle cells. It needs the water because as the muscle is loaded with glucose, it brings in water with it. When you are not fully hydrated, all that does is keep water/glucose from entering the muscle cell......there is a ratio of intracellular and extracellular water/electrolyte that is required for proper bodily function. You cant manipulate this ratio in any kind of drastic way....

To the OP, I would add that if you arent very lean, the carb up process really isnt noticeable to any degree. But simplest method for loading is to deplete carbs for a few days and then load heavy on the first day following the deplete and then taper carbs off from there until you are full. Keep water cranking the whole time. HOw many carbs depends on many different variables.

dam, really? lol Worked alright for me. Suppose it couldve been better, eh.

AustrianOakJr
09-30-2010, 10:03 AM
dam, really? lol Worked alright for me. Suppose it couldve been better, eh.

Thats why a lot of these myths get perpetuated......it does work in the sense that if you dont know any better, then you think it has done the job its supposed to. But do a back to back comparison when you are prepping for your next show. Take a week and do a mock load without sodium and water. Then take a week and ramp your sodium and water up to stabilize them and try again.......drink 1.5 -2 gals a day and salt all your meals evenly.....deplete and load while holding sodium and water constant. See if you arent fuller, harder and more vascular with the sodium and water.

FATHER FLEX
09-30-2010, 10:58 AM
I would just have to consecutive refeed days, and for most that is the simplest way to look way better than any other day on diet.

Quelly
09-30-2010, 07:40 PM