PDA

View Full Version : What are the PROs of competing in a natural bodybuilding competition? (srs)

Behemoth93
09-19-2010, 12:16 PM
I was thinking about competing in a natural bodybuilding comp in the teen category but then i went on the NJ NPC website and it turns out you have to pay to compete and there is no money prize?
I was not just gonna do it for the money but it seems kind of dumb to pay to compete plus all other side expenses that you will have with the show if you don't plan on competing in "real" bodybuilding. AMIRIGHT?

MrMcCarthy
09-19-2010, 12:24 PM
nobody makes any money by competing in natural bodybuilding

tuxedoman34
09-19-2010, 01:05 PM
you win money prizes when you become a pro it's not that easy bro

It's worth it to compete as an amateur to work your way up the ranks....in a way its not a waste of money at all.

UCFBuilder
09-19-2010, 02:40 PM
you dont do it for the money..especially in natural bodybuilding..u do it to test your limits both physically and mentally...to achieve the best physique you can achieve..your body is the prize...if u want to do it to get money..your in the wrong sport man and ull get no where quick

and i really dont know what u mean by "real" bodybuilding...natural bodybuilding is as real as u can get...at the top levels that is what is actually achievable by the human physique...NPC and IFBB bodybuilding would be nothing if steroids were never invented..so IMO natural bodybuilding is more "real" than anything else

mrusa85
09-19-2010, 03:31 PM
It doesn't matter if you compete in the NPC or NANBF. You always have to pay to compete. Just like if you go run in 5K race. There's an entry fee. That's the way it is. If you get really good at any sport as an amateur, at some point a federation grants you pro status. Then you can compete for money. And if you're really good in natural pro bodybuilding, you should be able to retire after winning 1,500 - 2,000 shows. (The takehome purses are not very good.)

You compete for the love of doing it. If you're only going to compete for money, you will never have the oopportunity for that to happen. Doesn't matter if it's a natural or non-tested event.

As far as the pros of competing in a natural show? If you're natural, the playing field is more equal. If you're natural and go into non-tested shows, you'll probably get blown away. Not always, but most of the time.

MrMcCarthy
09-19-2010, 03:41 PM
you dont do it for the money..especially in natural bodybuilding..u do it to test your limits both physically and mentally...to achieve the best physique you can achieve..your body is the prize...if u want to do it to get money..your in the wrong sport man and ull get no where quick

and i really dont know what u mean by "real" bodybuilding...natural bodybuilding is as real as u can get...at the top levels that is what is actually achievable by the human physique...NPC and IFBB bodybuilding would be nothing if steroids were never invented..so IMO natural bodybuilding is more "real" than anything else

Are you serious?

DanTheManB
09-19-2010, 04:04 PM
NPC and IFBB bodybuilding would be nothing if steroids were never invented..so IMO natural bodybuilding is more "real" than anything else

that's a goofy statement man.

enhanced bodybuilding truly is body BUILDING. natty just= getting skinny

UCFBuilder
09-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Are you serious?

why wouldnt i be?

[QUOTE=DanTheManB;549877273]that's a goofy statement man.

if steroids were NEVER INVENTED..didnt exist...the top natural pros now would be the epitome of what could be achieved by the human physique..NPC and IFBB bodybuilding is what can be achieved by the human physique with chemical assistance...if humans never developed such technology...there would be no such thing as a 300 pound 4% BF ronnie coleman

same goes for arnold..therefore if u really think about it..natural bodybuilding is the real thing...IFBB IMO..is fake..not achievable without outside help

and c'mon man..u telling me layne, miller, ricardo, jeffers, cordova etc = swimmers??

again..i said TOP natural bodybuilders..not your average amateur

DanTheManB
09-19-2010, 04:20 PM
why wouldnt i be?

if steroids were NEVER INVENTED..didnt exist...the top natural pros now would be the epitome of what could be achieved by the human physique..NPC and IFBB bodybuilding is what can be achieved by the human physique with chemical assistance...if humans never developed such technology...there would be no such thing as a 300 pound 4% BF ronnie coleman

same goes for arnold..therefore if u really think about it..natural bodybuilding is the real thing...IFBB IMO..is fake..not achievable without outside help

and c'mon man..u telling me layne, miller, ricardo, jeffers, cordova etc = swimmers??

i despise hypotheticals....but they WERE invented.

DanTheManB
09-19-2010, 04:22 PM
why wouldnt i be?

Also, I dont use the term swimmer to describe nattys....stringy yes. layne looks stringy. doug miller doesnt

edit im not hating. just speaking truth.

UCFBuilder
09-19-2010, 04:28 PM
i despise hypotheticals....but they WERE invented.

Also, I dont use the term swimmer to describe nattys....stringy yes. layne looks stringy. doug miller doesnt

Yeah i meant to say skinny..swimmers is just what came out lol

and yeah..what i said is a hypothetical..im just trying to prove a point to the OP...his statement about wanting to compete in "real" bodybuilding..rubbed me the wrong way...the only difference between the two is drugs..so i just dont see how u can consider one "real" and the other not

Devils
09-19-2010, 04:30 PM
that's a goofy statement man.

Yeah, there wont be any really big naturals, the body just becomes too catabolic at such low bodyfat levels.

It's just about being proportioned and conditioned with a fair amount of size.

DanTheManB
09-19-2010, 04:43 PM

and yeah..what i said is a hypothetical..im just trying to prove a point to the OP...his statement about wanting to compete in "real" bodybuilding..rubbed me the wrong way...the only difference between the two is drugs..so i just dont see how u can consider one "real" and the other not

i dont even consider the reality we are interacting in now to be truly real.

Barn01
09-19-2010, 04:46 PM
I agree that as a natural there's just too many negative feedback systems in the body preventing one from achieving any kind of outlandish combination of muscle and leanness. Bust your ass all you want but for a given BF% you're going to reach a plateau after a few years.

I wouldn't call a natty a swimmer but they don't compare to top level IFBB pro either. Both streams are REAL bodybuilders. They both follow similar lifestyles (the srs ones anyhow) and both are basically trying to achieve the same goal (the ultimate physique).

So to the OP, the Pros of competing as a natural are a few. You're put on a more even playing field due to not having to go up against a bank roll standing beside you. It's easier on your body in the long run. Personally I think it's a healthier look and more attractive in the offseason. Plus you get all the benefit knowing that what ever you came out looking like ... is all because of you. If you jump on the sauce you may question in the back of your mind ... how much is me and how much is the drugs?

DanTheManB
09-19-2010, 04:53 PM
I agree that as a natural there's just too many negative feedback systems in the body preventing one from achieving any kind of outlandish combination of muscle and leanness. Bust your ass all you want but for a given BF% you're going to reach a plateau after a few years.

I wouldn't call a natty a swimmer but they don't compare to top level IFBB pro either. Both streams are REAL bodybuilders. They both follow similar lifestyles (the srs ones anyhow) and both are basically trying to achieve the same goal (the ultimate physique).

So to the OP, the Pros of competing as a natural are a few. You're put on a more even playing field due to not having to go up against a bank roll standing beside you. It's easier on your body in the long run. Personally I think it's a healthier look and more attractive in the offseason. Plus you get all the benefit knowing that what ever you came out looking like ... is all because of you. If you jump on the sauce you may question in the back of your mind ... how much is me and how much is the drugs?

thats why you dont start the drugs until you are close to your natural potential .....long story short natty vs enhanced is still HARD work on both sides but are two diff sports

bwelch1985
09-19-2010, 05:51 PM

Agreed.

Naturals and enhanced guys do the EXACT same sh*t besides the drug use....and at the end of the day, only the elite guys in either domain will be able to make any significant money simply for being a bodybuilder. The rest of us are just in it for the lulz:)

Quelly
09-19-2010, 07:22 PM

NPC and IFBB bodybuilding would be nothing if steroids were never invented..so IMO natural bodybuilding is more "real" than anything else

both of you quit hating

ucfbuilder...that statement makes no sense, if NPC and IFBB didn't have steroids they would be exactly the same as natural orgs...so by saying they would be nothing you are saying natural bodybuilding is nothing

dan?....come on brah lol

DanTheManB
09-19-2010, 07:23 PM
both of you quit hating

ucfbuilder...that statement makes no sense, if NPC and IFBB didn't have steroids they would be exactly the same as natural orgs...so by saying they would be nothing you are saying natural bodybuilding is nothing

dan?....come on brah lol

didnt you take sd?

but seriously. i'm a hater. nuthin wrong with it...i'm still natty yet make fun of it. feels bad brah

Quelly
09-19-2010, 07:24 PM
didnt you take sd?

but seriously. i'm a hater. nuthin wrong with it...i'm still natty yet make fun of it. feels bad brah

funny guy lol @ sd completely irrelevant to my statement

just take the **** to the misc or something, stop starting the same natty vs enhanced argument (or fueling it in this case) overandoverandoverandoverandoverandoverandover

its so tedious

DanTheManB
09-19-2010, 07:26 PM
funny guy lol @ sd completely irrelevant to my statement

just take the **** to the misc or something, stop starting the same natty vs enhanced argument (or fueling it in this case) overandoverandoverandoverandoverandoverandover

its so tedious

your mom wut

you're right man relax cuzin just f'in around on a sunday. sorry folks. forgot how serious bodybuilders are

DanTheManB
09-19-2010, 07:27 PM
your mom wut

you're right man relax cuzin just f'in around on a sunday. sorry folks. forgot how serious bodybuilders are

ps the sd comment was extreme sarcasm mayne

Quelly
09-19-2010, 07:28 PM
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/128919862346227804.jpg

lth
09-19-2010, 07:47 PM
lol every single thread in this section turns into natty vs enhanced, its almost comical (and very annoying)now because you can seriously see it coming in every thread that pops up. Anybody who diets hard, gets lean, goes through prep period... and gets on stage has my respect. Whether they're taking flinstone vitamins or tren

MarkVI
09-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Whether they're taking flinstone vitamins or tren

They're not the same :confused:?!?!?

Quelly
09-19-2010, 08:06 PM
They're not the same :confused:?!?!?

lol he's not comparing them...he's saying he has respect for a bodybuilder no matter what they take, be it vitamins or drugs

DanTheManB
09-19-2010, 08:16 PM
lol he's not comparing them...he's saying he has respect for a bodybuilder no matter what they take, be it vitamins or drugs

tren=flinstones vitamins..is the joke. btw

UCFBuilder
09-19-2010, 08:24 PM
both of you quit hating

dan?....come on brah lol

im not hating at all...i have full respect for anyone who gets on stage

and ill admit that my statement was a bit outlandish..but like i said..i was just trying to get a point across to the the OP who insinuated that natural bodybuilding isnt "real" bodybuilding

and i would never say that natural bodybuilding orgs are nothing..for christ sake..those are the orgs i compete in and hope to go pro in one day.

i wasnt trying to create a debate between natural and not and whos better...if i came off that way im sorry...all i was doing was trying to make a point to the OP about why natural bodybuilding IS real bodybuilding

lth
09-19-2010, 08:27 PM
I think it was pretty much said, if you compete for money lol, you better have some DAMN good genetics whichever org you choose. I don't think any of us do this for any other reason than for the fact we all have a passion for it, are competetive, and enjoy the lifestyle. I'd hope anyways.

DanTheManB
09-19-2010, 08:34 PM

and ill admit that my statement was a bit outlandish..but like i said..i was just trying to get a point across to the the OP who insinuated that natural bodybuilding isnt "real" bodybuilding

and i would never say that natural bodybuilding orgs are nothing..for christ sake..those are the orgs i compete in and hope to go pro in one day.

i wasnt trying to create a debate between natural and not and whos better...if i came off that way im sorry...all i was doing was trying to make a point to the OP about why natural bodybuilding IS real bodybuilding

aww you *puts you in a headlock and gives you a noogie...then runs away*

by your definition...you are correct sir. i just like messing with people here. amuses me

Quelly
09-20-2010, 12:07 AM

i get your point dude, but you don't gotta bash enhanced bodybuilding to make your point, it just puts folks against you, feel me?

rewaste
09-20-2010, 12:22 AM
It is a great Challenge doing this game Natural or Enhanced. Diet, Training etc the great thing about going Natural is you can feel when you have a injury because it is not masked. And lots of other things. But Most natural BB's have Jobs and life's away from the shows. The Enhanced guys and girls really don't. I would'nt want that life style even though I have several friends and clients that are at the upper 2%.

fltallpaul
09-20-2010, 05:49 AM
I was thinking about competing in a natural bodybuilding comp in the teen category but then i went on the NJ NPC website and it turns out you have to pay to compete and there is no money prize?
I was not just gonna do it for the money but it seems kind of dumb to pay to compete plus all other side expenses that you will have with the show if you don't plan on competing in "real" bodybuilding. AMIRIGHT?

You will almost always have to pay as its cost money to run a competition. The costs include the venue, lighting, DJ, judges and many more things. Don't think of the competition as a way to make money. You will work harder than you have ever worked for very little money if that is the case.

Bodybuilding is a niche sport because its generally only done out of the passion for it. If you don't truly love bodybuilding then you won't get much out of the competition aspect.

The benefit of competing in drug tested bodybuilding is that there is a set of rules which prohibits the use of steroids and other bodybuilding agents and creates a level playing field.

fltallpaul
09-20-2010, 07:47 AM
[QUOTE=UCFBuilder;549880393]why wouldnt i be?

edit im not hating. just speaking truth.

It's so cute how much you love Layne...he is anything but stringy.

DanTheManB
09-20-2010, 08:14 AM
But Most natural BB's have Jobs and life's away from the shows. The Enhanced guys and girls really don't.

lolwut

fltallpaul
09-21-2010, 06:23 AM
hmmmm all of a sudden it's nice a quiet again in the Contest Prep section. Everyone can proceed with discussions that won't get derailed again.

lth
09-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Lol, dan is gone? This should be interesting

Quelly
09-21-2010, 02:39 PM
hmmmm all of a sudden it's nice a quiet again in the Contest Prep section. Everyone can proceed with discussions that won't get derailed again.

you find the ignore list too? lol

AustrianOakJr
09-21-2010, 05:32 PM
you find the ignore list too? lol

Says he's banned but I have seen his green light pop up like he is on line. Must be just the ghost of dantheman.

.....OR.....maybe he just wrote "banned" under his avatar to be a funny man?.....and hes not really banned.

Iceman510
09-21-2010, 11:07 PM
The pros about doing a NATURAL bodybuilding comp is that afterwords you can what with your head heald high and your nuts down low. Can't say that for roid users.

Quelly
09-21-2010, 11:35 PM
The pros about doing a NATURAL bodybuilding comp is that afterwords you can what with your head heald high and your nuts down low. Can't say that for roid users.

booo

it's a personal choice, as long as someone is only using if in a non drug tested event its not our place to judge, kudos to ALL bodybuilders. Brothers in Iron.

negged

ErickStevens
09-22-2010, 04:31 AM
Brothers in Iron.

This. I love you all. ^_^