PDA

View Full Version : Body hair removal

bberinnj
09-16-2010, 01:54 PM
wondering what other bb-ers have to recommend when it comes to body hair removal:

- wax?
- shave?
- laser?
- other?

i dont have a lot of contest experience, ive tried shaving (dont like the stubble) and ive tried waxing (i can take the pain but dont care for the break-outs about a week later, esp between the pecs and the occasional in-grown)

thanks

AlwaysTryin
09-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Wax

jd408
09-17-2010, 03:29 PM
I think you get more use to it over time.
first time I ever did it back when I was 18, I had a war zone break out on my chest.
It got better over time. Use to do once a week man scape, but now Im finding it easier to just hit it all every other day. saves time from that once a week shave. always in the shower with constant water hitting me.
Also I found I seem to get a better shave using liquid handsoap like softsoap then using shaving cream. One other thing I do a lot is after a few glides I'll rub the soap back over the areas to keep good lubrication. I dont get the irratation so much anymore, but of course a good tan helps hide it to I guess so maybe I just dont see it as much, but anyway that has worked for me.

db2012
09-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Shaving is my method of choice. I have tried all methods, anything that will give inflammation to the skin is not going to be good for a bodybuilding stage. If you use good shaving cream and start shaving now maintaining it every week or so you will adjust. Use good moisturizer and always shave with hot water and a good razor like a Mach 3. If you ever notice razor burn on a specific area next time try to shave using an alternative direction accross the hair line to see if you can avoid it next time.

rewaste
09-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Shaving is my method of choice. I have tried all methods, anything that will give inflammation to the skin is not going to be good for a bodybuilding stage. If you use good shaving cream and start shaving now maintaining it every week or so you will adjust. Use good moisturizer and always shave with hot water and a good razor like a Mach 3. If you ever notice razor burn on a specific area next time try to shave using an alternative direction accross the hair line to see if you can avoid it next time.
Ya I find shaving in the shower with the hottest water I can stand works best for the back I just have my wife in the shower to help. Always good for after shave cardio.

chaosmatt
09-18-2010, 04:53 AM
any of you guys use electric razors?

jd408
09-18-2010, 07:44 AM
any of you guys use electric razors?

electric was ok first time I tired it, but got use to it fast and could never have a close shave after the first run again.

mikeolyer
09-18-2010, 07:55 AM
wondering what other bb-ers have to recommend when it comes to body hair removal:

- wax?
- shave?
- laser?
- other?

i dont have a lot of contest experience, ive tried shaving (dont like the stubble) and ive tried waxing (i can take the pain but dont care for the break-outs about a week later, esp between the pecs and the occasional in-grown)

thanks

you`ll laugh but itried Nair haha it worked well for me, left the skin smooth too haha just make sure u dont leave it on too long or dont get any bad reaction to it.

FunkymonkAW
09-18-2010, 08:26 AM
you`ll laugh but itried Nair haha it worked well for me, left the skin smooth too haha just make sure u dont leave it on too long or dont get any bad reaction to it.

Where can I get Nair?

SupaaJ
09-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Ya I used to Nair my arms in college. Stuff works excellent. Just when it says 4 min formula, don't get cute and leave it on for 6 minutes....that is, unless you enjoy burnt skin at the creek of your elbow. Fail.

Never tried it on my legs, cause Im tall and it would take a TON to cover my legs. That's another thing with Nair, you need a thick covering for it to work best.

Twineagles
09-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Nair makes a body hair remover for men. You can generally find it in the shaving products for men at a local drugstore, like Walgreens. Works really well. You put it on, leave it for the set amount of time, and then with a rough rag, kind of scrub the dissolved hair off (the first time you do it, its pretty gross - looks like you dehaired a cat or something).

Budjola
09-18-2010, 10:07 AM
usually i wax my back and hands and use razor (mach3) for my chests and armpits. tihinking to start shavin backs and arms, but im worried that shaving will only make hairs grow faster and thicker.

SupaaJ
09-18-2010, 12:49 PM
usually i wax my hands

Werewolf Hands?

jd408
09-18-2010, 02:42 PM
I tried the nair for men and it was all kinds of bad. It smelled, and even after showering I could smell it on me. It didnt remove all the hair and I had to shave to finish the job.
It also destroyed my nipples lol It hurt so bad

red_cat
09-18-2010, 04:41 PM
I tried the nair for men and it was all kinds of bad. It smelled, and even after showering I could smell it on me. It didnt remove all the hair and I had to shave to finish the job.
It also destroyed my nipples lol It hurt so bad

Similar experience here. Shaving is the way to go. Once you figure out which ways your hair grows in, it's easy to do.