PDA

View Full Version : water retention

Capt_Lou
09-09-2010, 06:39 AM
I am a little over 3 weeks from my first show. How do you know if you are retaining a lot of water? I tried to do a google search on this for pics but pretty much came up empty. I would just like to know if this is fat or subcutaneous water that I am holding.

I am sure I will come into my show OK, but would like to know for my own peace of mind right now.

Devils
09-09-2010, 07:30 AM
"If it jiggles it's fat"

I'm also 3 weeks out, I still have fat to lose so I'll keep it up and hope I dry out in time for the show.

Hamstrings and blurry and glutes aren't striated, so I'm guessing it's fat.

AustrianOakJr
09-09-2010, 08:11 AM
If your sodium intake is relatively steady, you are drinking a lot of water, and you are natural.......youre not holding water.

Capt_Lou
09-09-2010, 08:27 AM
If your sodium intake is relatively steady, you are drinking a lot of water, and you are natural.......youre not holding water.

Yea that is the thing, for the past 3-4 days been drinking less than a gallon a day. Working on correcting that now.

str8flexed
09-09-2010, 09:02 AM
99.9999% you aren't holding water. You don't just hold excess water randomly without underlying physiological causes

DanTheManB
09-09-2010, 09:29 AM
I am a little over 3 weeks from my first show. How do you know if you are retaining a lot of water? I tried to do a google search on this for pics but pretty much came up empty. I would just like to know if this is fat or subcutaneous water that I am holding.

I am sure I will come into my show OK, but would like to know for my own peace of mind right now.

unless you're on aas which aromatizes and makes you hold water ...you just arent lean enough

AlwaysTryin
09-09-2010, 06:40 PM
What about holding bloat (in intestines)??

You know when you wake up and want to do a crap but can't?? It just feels better once you do lol.

Maybe the OP has that issue

Devils
09-09-2010, 07:08 PM

You know when you wake up and want to do a crap but can't?? It just feels better once you do lol.

More fiber perhaps, I haven't had problems with bloating or crapping since I started adding insoluble fiber to my diet.

Quelly
09-10-2010, 03:31 AM

then your stomach sticks out....but you look lean, just with distension

unless you went off your diet and ate high carb high sodium relevant to your regular diet you won't hold water subq