PDA

View Full Version : After the Show I will.......

OnTheRoad
09-04-2010, 03:51 AM
I saw this on another thread and wondered what you all will do after the show......

After the show I will

-go out for dinner once a week with my husband

-decorate the kids bedrooms

-start wearing make up during the day and wearing 'normal clothes' for longer than a couple of hours

Your turn :)

Dallas_15
09-04-2010, 03:57 AM
- Eat the 1KG steak at "Outback Jacks"

- Go to the movies & actually eat popcorn instead of a protein bar/shake

- Have a few drinks with friends

- Find another comp to do & clean bulk until cut time.

DaveBriggs
09-04-2010, 04:25 AM
enjoy eating with my fiance again

have more energy for work

fix my weaknesses and improve

stay alot leaner

Capt_Lou
09-04-2010, 05:22 AM
Spend time more time with my daughter, just like I promised her.

Eat the 5lb cheese sandwich at melt :D

Apologize to my family for being such a d1ck.

OnTheRoad
09-04-2010, 07:17 PM
-

- Go to the movies & actually eat popcorn instead of a protein bar/shake

YEP..I'll add this one! I am having a choc top AND POPCORN!! :)

Zaneseed
09-04-2010, 08:11 PM
-actually spend quality time with my girl. apparently seeing her at gym doesn't count..
-apologise to my mates and family for being so difficult
-have fish and chips on the beach
-chill with my friends without having to worry about caloric intake and serving sizes
-go out without packing tupperware containers
-focus on my powerlifting

AlwaysTryin
09-04-2010, 08:26 PM
-have fish and chips on the beach

funny you say that. Last year I had a weird craving for that and
a takeaway shop hamburger lol

JohnSmeton
09-04-2010, 09:55 PM
I like this thread. Off the top of my head...

take a week or two off training, maybe a mini vacation or full one

Relax more with the training

eat more calories in general following Chris Acteos post contest tips

Keep focusing on my business (and I won't be as tied down with all of this as Ill not be in contest preparation, Ill still keep bodybuilding of course)

focus on the body parts I have to bring up to improve

keep taking care of my body via physical therapy and maybe deep tissue work(currently getting deep tissue work once per week starting next week until my Nov 6th competition)

Zaneseed
09-04-2010, 10:12 PM
funny you say that. Last year I had a weird craving for that and
a takeaway shop hamburger lol

man around the corner from me is a place with the best burgers. they use a whole damper roll for the burger and if you get a steak/chicken burger with the works, the whole thing weighs about 2lbs
lettuce, pineapple, beetroot, cheese, bacon, egg, onion, plus chicken breast or 2 steaks on it

ErickStevens
09-05-2010, 02:02 AM
- Not weigh my veggies
- Go out to eat once a week with my family
- Get laid
- Spend the better part of a year trying to bring up my shoulders and chest
- Do some eating challenges

Webber91
09-05-2010, 02:45 AM
- Compete in another the next weekend... FUUUU!

But after THAT show...

- Quit weighing food religiously
- Eat more than 20g of oats at breakfast
- Devour the 32 poptarts I bought off ebay
- Probably have to diet again to overcome the post-show eats :p

ErickStevens
09-05-2010, 03:10 AM
- Compete in another the next weekend... FUUUU!

But after THAT show...

Haha, man you and I are the same boat brah! Talk about anti-climactic. Oh well, here's to our second peak being better than our first!

I feel you on the oats thing. I'm not even going out for breakfast the next day, I'm just going to make a big ass omelette and then fill a fukin punch bowl with oats and PB. ;)

Webber91
09-05-2010, 03:50 AM
Haha, man you and I are the same boat brah! Talk about anti-climactic. Oh well, here's to our second peak being better than our first!

I feel you on the oats thing. I'm not even going out for breakfast the next day, I'm just going to make a big ass omelette and then fill a fukin punch bowl with oats and PB. ;)

Haha man I'm so down for that too. It's not the type of foods thats killing me...its the lack of being able to eat bulk amounts of them! I need to go buy 10 jars of pb, and a big ass fukin mixing bowl :p

surfergirl36
09-05-2010, 09:48 AM
-
- Get laid

I LOL'd at this one! It's on my list too but I wasn't sure if I should write it ;)

TheHeirApparent
09-05-2010, 02:30 PM
pig out then look at my physique next morning and go into a state of depression/followed by more comfort food eating, then decide its time to bulk, followed by extreme self consciousness and on and off depression for 2weeks after about my weight gain.....-story of my life for past month or so.

ChristianBBer
09-05-2010, 02:47 PM
pig out then look at my physique next morning and go into a state of depression/followed by more comfort food eating, then decide its time to bulk, followed by extreme self consciousness and on and off depression for 2weeks after about my weight gain.....-story of my life for past month or so.

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

STORY OF MY LIFE FOR THE PAST 4 WEEKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

I honest to God have spent hours upon hours weighing the benefits to either cutting or bulking this fall. I would get headaches from analyzing the situation for so long. Should I cut again ? If so is my metabolism back upto par? Will it effect school work? Should I take caffeine to supplement energy? But caffeine might give me jitters. But I read a story online that caffeine hidners memory performence. I also read another story caffeine helps concentration and energy levels.

If I bulked, I'll be looking poofy, but Ill be full, but do I want the poofy look? Why cant I bulk tilll Jan then cut then. If I bulk now without cutting off this fat gained it might make the cut even harder in the spring...... I might even loose the muscle gained due to dieting so hard becuase of my post contest fat gain.

Seriously, for every arrangement I have I have like 10 counter arguments, all running thru my head and all of them constantly changing by the minutes.

I gained back weight steadily, not the best but Im back to my bulking weight but looking a hella lot leaner but I LOVED the lean lean look.

tuxedoman34
09-05-2010, 03:44 PM
-right after my show's finals I'll go to Red Robin and get a cheeseburger with unlimited fries ALL dipped in ketchup, honey mustard and mayo....yea I said mayo its good stuff try it!

-the next day I'm going to All you can eat sushi and not care about calories and macros and just eat. The whole week I will eat my favorite foods and hit up the buffet and cold stone a few times.

-I'm taking a week off training before I start a slow bulk that will be for a few years before I do teen nationals in 2013-2014.

- start eating a lot more food and focus on powerlifting exercises to develop more overall mass.

OnTheRoad
09-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Another couple from me

After the show I will

-start trying all the supplements in my pantry and NOT fear what they may do to me so close to comp!

-walk my old dog...he is too slow for pre comp cardio :(

RyanRev
09-05-2010, 06:44 PM

lololololol

Zaneseed
09-05-2010, 07:02 PM
i also want to learn the finer culinary arts of cooking. i love it, and can't wait to expand my horizon further than contest prep foods lol

OnTheRoad
09-06-2010, 12:20 AM
i also want to learn the finer culinary arts of cooking. I love it, and can't wait to expand my horizon further than contest prep foods lol

me too! Me too! Me too!

UCFBuilder
09-06-2010, 09:43 AM
This is what i wanted to do post-contest while i was dieting

-eat everything in sight the night of and the next day
-get back on reverse macros that monday and begin my slow bulk for the next 2-3 years

This is what actually happened

- ate 1 cheesecake the night of
- was still doing cardio the next day eating the same contest diet
- took the week off of training to rest up
- clean bulked for 4 weeks, gained 2 pounds, then decided i wanted to diet again for another show
- dieted for 2 weeks before i realized i didnt want to diet anymore..began clean bulking again lol
-now 3 months later im up 7 pounds and on my way to an amazing 2 year offseason

surfergirl36
09-06-2010, 09:54 AM
I saw this on another thread and wondered what you all will do after the show......

After the show I will

-start wearing make up during the day and wearing 'normal clothes' for longer than a couple of hours

Your turn :)

I was thinking this one too....

After the show I will wear make up during the day, wear my hair down and not always in a ponytail and try to NOT look like I just crawled out from under a rock!

I will also sort through my tupperware collection and get rid of some of them.

Cnstnce
09-06-2010, 12:47 PM
OOOhhh I'm a little late but I made it!

-Take a solo roadtrip to visit all of my friends New Orleans, up to Georgia, and finishing with North Carolina.
-Bake, bake, bake
-Get my sommelier certification
-Start my website and start selling 8x10's (apparently there is a demand...weird)
-Take my dog to the park more, it's a long drive to the river and my boy likes to swim.
-Try dating again...maybe
-Reconnect with all my girlfriends that haven't been able to see me out, and go dancing
-I'm thinking Vegas too.

Agostage
09-06-2010, 02:27 PM
... pour myself an iced glass of crown on the rocks ... and be wasted before I take a sip

N01SYtZ
09-06-2010, 03:45 PM
go to mcdonalds
burger king
wendy's
and any other fast food place on the way home
and eat 2 of everything on the dollar menu

Striver
09-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Eat more.

:D

swole-striation
09-06-2010, 04:40 PM
wake up at 5am and instead of doing cardio

im going to play ps3 and eat a whole bowl of oats mixed with chocolate sauce

Zaneseed
09-06-2010, 10:05 PM
wake up at 5am and instead of doing cardio

im going to play ps3 and eat a whole bowl of oats mixed with chocolate sauce

good god..

this

DaveBriggs
09-06-2010, 10:41 PM
is it bad that every night before i go to bed after calculating ym calories and macros, on the other side of the peice of paper i plan out my offseason meal intake lol.

anyway

after my show i will continue to go to natural bodybuilding shows to spectate as they an amazing experience and people are great

do my garden

continue to do cardio regardless of whether prepping or not..as i quite like it

i was thinking and my diet probably won't change that much..just bigger servings and cheese

ErickStevens
09-07-2010, 02:39 AM
... pour myself an iced glass of crown on the rocks ... and be wasted before I take a sip

Hell yes! 1 Cherry Vodka and diet will have be assed out.

Cnstnce
09-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Hell yes! 1 Cherry Vodka and diet will have be assed out.

White Sangria at Cheesecake Factory!!!!!!!!

ErickStevens
09-07-2010, 02:31 PM
White Sangria at Cheesecake Factory!!!!!!!!

I'm actually going to Cheesecake Factory for my post-contest dinner. I won't be drinking though. Not that night anyways. ;)

Thought of another couple:

... not miss weighing my vegetables.
... go the gym and only lift weights.

Rsardinia
09-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Feel depressed about getting softer lol

Striver
09-07-2010, 04:05 PM
is it bad that every night before i go to bed after calculating ym calories and macros, on the other side of the peice of paper i plan out my offseason meal intake lol.

anyway

after my show i will continue to go to natural bodybuilding shows to spectate as they an amazing experience and people are great

do my garden

continue to do cardio regardless of whether prepping or not..as i quite like it

i was thinking and my diet probably won't change that much..just bigger servings and cheese

Sometimes, I think we're related. This exactly what I was thinking of doing.

Striver
09-07-2010, 04:06 PM
oh and After the shower I will

- Try and maintain 8% and try and get into some form of modeling!

EDIT: After the shower?! HAHAHA. Dieting is getting to me obviously!

B-Neva
09-07-2010, 04:40 PM
-go to mcdonalds

then 2-3 year off season.........

xxtepyxx
09-08-2010, 01:33 PM
After the show I will probably cry my eyes out ( in a proud kind of way)

and than scarf down the biggest, fattest, most delicious fresh baked chocolate walnut brownie I have ever seen in my entire beautiful life.

After I've scarfed down the brownie, I plan on baking a million and one different cakes..and probably having a bake sale due to the fact that I will be so sick from eating everything.

Dear god I'm sooo ready for this wonderful amazing and delicious experience that awaits me.

Cnstnce
09-09-2010, 10:14 AM
After the show I will probably cry my eyes out ( in a proud kind of way)

and than scarf down the biggest, fattest, most delicious fresh baked chocolate walnut brownie I have ever seen in my entire beautiful life.

After I've scarfed down the brownie, I plan on baking a million and one different cakes..and probably having a bake sale due to the fact that I will be so sick from eating everything.

Dear god I'm sooo ready for this wonderful amazing and delicious experience that awaits me.

Hope the bloat isn't too bad. I did that last time and gained 17 lbs :(

Capt_Lou
09-09-2010, 10:20 AM
- Make Coney Island dogs for lunch
- Make fried Oreo's for the family

sdowhey
09-09-2010, 10:33 AM
be able to go out to a mall, and order something from the food court

sleep in until 7:00am and eat a sugary cereal in the car ride to work instead of at 3:30am to get to the gym for morning cardio and make my eggs and oats....

enjoy going for drinks with my mom and her boyfriend on Sunday's at the Pony Coral in Winnipeg (when I move home) instead of ordering water and salmon bake with a side of veggies with no butter...

EAT EVERY DESSERT ON THE MENU ESPECIALLY THE CHEESECAKE... MMM BAKED EXPECTATIONS...

Xander
09-09-2010, 06:52 PM
~4 weeks out

I will...

-Eat a pizza (have NO idea why I've been craving pizza)
-Eat a few snacks (ice cream)
-Bring back PB & honey
-Stay on track and try to capitalize on the 'post contest anabolicness' to bulk for a show next year

daboboy
09-11-2010, 06:00 AM
.....................move back home and prep for another show 5 weeks later...........*yay*

DonPizza
09-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Eat a big pizza :) and drink some Red Bull

Hell yes.

williammorgan
09-11-2010, 08:15 AM
I'm actually going to Cheesecake Factory for my post-contest dinner. I won't be drinking though. Not that night anyways. ;)

Thought of another couple:

... not miss weighing my vegetables.
... go the gym and only lift weights.

I never weight veggies man - do you mean green veggies such as broccoli? I usually give myself free reign on the green veg, just for dietary fibre and satiety levels.

NextProtege
09-11-2010, 10:41 AM
eat nachos

OnTheRoad
09-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Another one...

After the show..... I never want to hear

"Here again?" when I turn up at the gym GRRRRRRR

ErickStevens
09-12-2010, 12:18 AM
I never weight veggies man - do you mean green veggies such as broccoli? I usually give myself free reign on the green veg, just for dietary fibre and satiety levels.

I count everything.

TexFlex
09-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Today is the first day after my show...so today I will have 1 bad meal and spend time with my son whom probably doesn't recognize me with the pro tan on ha-ha.

surfergirl36
09-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Another one...

After the show..... I never want to hear

"Here again?" when I turn up at the gym GRRRRRRR

LOL....and I never want to hear again "how the diet going?"

AlwaysTryin
09-12-2010, 10:10 PM
LOL....and I never want to hear again "how the diet going?"

Doubt you want to hear "diet" ever again hahaha

ErickStevens
09-13-2010, 03:16 AM
"You on a diet or something?"

Grrrrrr...

Capt_Lou
09-13-2010, 03:50 AM
Not hear "What'cha eating Chicken?" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

NaturalLoco
09-13-2010, 03:54 AM
i will go out to dinner with friends, family and my girlfriend; not having to worry about counting calories or weighing my meal would be a-freaking-mazing!!

im not interested in splurging or eating till i drop.. all i want to do is enjoy a relaxing meal, eat until i am satisfied, and enjoying the company of my loved ones and appreciate what i have done

OnTheRoad
09-13-2010, 02:48 PM
i will go out to dinner with friends, family and my girlfriend; not having to worry about counting calories or weighing my meal would be a-freaking-mazing!!

im not interested in splurging or eating till i drop.. all i want to do is enjoy a relaxing meal, eat until i am satisfied, and enjoying the company of my loved ones and appreciate what i have done

Very nice...!

I am the same.... After the Show

- I will cook food for my family and friends and actually eat and enjoy the meal WITH them. I have spent 2 years cooking for others (which I love) but not eating it :(

There is a lot to be said for just enjoying your food with good company...and maybe a glass of wine or beer..ahhhh

NaturalLoco
09-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Very nice...!

I am the same.... After the Show

- I will cook food for my family and friends and actually eat and enjoy the meal WITH them. I have spent 2 years cooking for others (which I love) but not eating it :(

There is a lot to be said for just enjoying your food with good company...and maybe a glass of wine or beer..ahhhh

I hear that! Are you competing this year? I'm aussie too

Cnstnce
09-14-2010, 10:47 AM
I will not bite other's heads off when they hover over my food and say "eww, you eat the weirdest stuff."

lth
09-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Feel depressed about getting softer lol

this lol

OnTheRoad
09-16-2010, 02:15 AM
I hear that! Are you competing this year? I'm aussie too

yes. I did the Bendigo Country Classic in Aug...placed 2nd in huge line up. Now onto INBA Australia Titles, maybe Nabba Vic and then flying to Reno to do the INBA Natural Olympia...ahhhhh so much more to come..lol. I want cheesecake :)

Which state are you in? and plans for this year?

NaturalLoco
09-16-2010, 06:37 AM
yes. I did the Bendigo Country Classic in Aug...placed 2nd in huge line up. Now onto INBA Australia Titles, maybe Nabba Vic and then flying to Reno to do the INBA Natural Olympia...ahhhhh so much more to come..lol. I want cheesecake :)

Which state are you in? and plans for this year?

I'm from Vic.. planning to do ANB juniors vics, possibly INBA novice, and see where to go from there - 2 weeks to go!

alex a
09-16-2010, 07:31 PM
How come no one said... After the show i will... "get right back into the gym and work on improving for next year" I usually want to get back to the gym not the buffet line... lol...

UCFBuilder
09-16-2010, 09:26 PM
How come no one said... After the show i will... "get right back into the gym and work on improving for next year" I usually want to get back to the gym not the buffet line... lol...

thats exactly what i did...i started prepping for my next show the day after my show this year ended...not meeting your own expectations for a prep does a lot in terms of motivation...seeing all your pics plus everyone else has motivated me beyond belief...next year I AM getting my pro card..no doubt about it

OnTheRoad
09-17-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm from Vic.. planning to do ANB juniors vics, possibly INBA novice, and see where to go from there - 2 weeks to go!

That is fantastic!! I will be backstage at the ANB Vics and INBA Vic...I am backstage b#tch for some girlfriends who are competing. I will be the one tying bikinis and with tanned hands :)

If I don't see you, good luck with the comps and really try and enjoy your time on that stage, it is such hard work to even be up there!!! Good luck!!

OnTheRoad
09-17-2010, 12:28 AM

I need food in my stomach before hitting the gym again...I am normally bursting to back in the gym once I have had a great feed. It is such a buzz training with energy :)

lth
09-17-2010, 04:56 AM
I'll be doing what alex said....I think having a nice post show meal and all is cool but i didn't feel the need my last time out to gorge my face for days. I was pissed off with my placing and was back in the gym a couple days after then started thinking of a new gameplan to come back way better.

ErickStevens
09-17-2010, 05:04 AM
My post-show plan:

Night of 2nd Contest: Free meal
Day After: Free Day
Week After: Reverse Diet into my off-season

No desire to binge whatsoever.

The Solution
09-17-2010, 05:39 AM

This +

This.

My trainer already has my macros made up for Sunday. I will get a meal Saturday night (Tomorrow) and get right back on it Sunday. I am just thankful for the amount of support I have had through my 23 week prep, and the amount of individuals who will be there to see me hit the stage for the first time means more than the world to me. The food will always be there

DanTheManB
09-17-2010, 06:48 AM

this x 1000

I'm usually sick of resting from the days leading up to the show...once I get some carbs etc in me. Ready to rock and roll.

NaturalLoco
09-17-2010, 06:52 AM
That is fantastic!! I will be backstage at the ANB Vics and INBA Vic...I am backstage b#tch for some girlfriends who are competing. I will be the one tying bikinis and with tanned hands :)

If I don't see you, good luck with the comps and really try and enjoy your time on that stage, it is such hard work to even be up there!!! Good luck!!

ahh nice! Well yeah I may be to shy to approach a bunch of ripped women in the prime getting pumped up backstage haha :)

This +

This.

My trainer already has my macros made up for Sunday. I will get a meal Saturday night (Tomorrow) and get right back on it Sunday. I am just thankful for the amount of support I have had through my 23 week prep, and the amount of individuals who will be there to see me hit the stage for the first time means more than the world to me. The food will always be there

Not wrong there my friend! It's been a crazy long journey; can't wait till i see my end result :)