PDA

View Full Version : Classes/colleges and universities

Air_eek
08-30-2010, 03:32 PM
I am taking an ap biology class right now and wondering if it will help me in personal training in any way.

Do colleges and universities certify people to become a personal trainer or should I attend a school the specifies and that stuff like ACSM?

askthetrainer
08-30-2010, 03:40 PM
I am taking an ap biology class right now and wondering if it will help me in personal training in any way.

Do colleges and universities certify people to become a personal trainer or should I attend a school the specifies and that stuff like ACSM?

This may help you...

http://askthetrainer.com/college-degree-reviews.html

Rap_Rocky
08-30-2010, 05:19 PM

Do colleges and universities certify people to become a personal trainer or should I attend a school the specifies and that stuff like ACSM?Yes it can.

If you're taking a trainer certification, it will help in any part of the exam that deals with science. Colleges do not certify anybody to become a trainer (or as far as I know). They do however, prepare you to take a nationally recognized certification, such as ACSM, NASM, etc. You do not need to take a degree correlated to personal training in order to become one, or to get certified. You can simply study on your own and pay the exam fee and take it yourself.

Air_eek
08-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Okay, so how do personal trainers become so successful?
Is it of how many people they fitnessly transformed?
The knowledge?

Smoko
08-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Okay, so how do personal trainers become so successful?
Is it of how many people they fitnessly transformed?
The knowledge?

The best personal trainers are the best sales people

Air_eek
08-31-2010, 02:11 PM
The best personal trainers are the best sales people
as in selling themselves and give reasons why they are a good personal trainer??