PDA

View Full Version : pull up bar in dorm room?

avarelas
08-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Hello,

I was just looking for some ideas on pull ups bars, hooks, mounts, etc. I have a doorway pull up bar, the only problem is that because the door has to be open all the time, it would just be silly to have that in a college dorm. My gym at school isnt that well equipped with pull up bars so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about maybe wall mounts, alternate pull up bars, hooks, etc that would be good for a college dorm (not taking up a lot of space, easy to assemble/remove). any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

dparty82
08-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Seriously, another pull up bar thread?

GTFO..

If I come over as an a**hole I'm not. It's just that there are already over one million threads on pull bar doorway thingamajigs.

Mitrovski
08-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Hello,

I was just looking for some ideas on pull ups bars, hooks, mounts, etc. I have a doorway pull up bar, the only problem is that because the door has to be open all the time, it would just be silly to have that in a college dorm. My gym at school isnt that well equipped with pull up bars so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about maybe wall mounts, alternate pull up bars, hooks, etc that would be good for a college dorm (not taking up a lot of space, easy to assemble/remove). any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

An irongym type doorway bar? Can't you just take it down and close the door when you're not using it? I saw others doing plenty of weird **** in the dorms, and this isn't anywhere near that level. A lot of people would leave their doors open anyway in the dorms, especially mine (No A/C).

Either don't worry about it or find somewhere else to do them. And as D said...SEARCH.

wolfdragon
08-24-2010, 12:12 PM
If your school gym has a power-rack use the bar on it. If they have Smith-Machines lookout the bar in the highest position and use it. Might have to bend your knees. If neither of those are do able. Use the doorway pull-up bar and just take it down when done.

HardKore79
08-24-2010, 12:49 PM
How about reading the forum rules first before you post any threads?! This has been covered thousands of times.