PDA

View Full Version : Sc2 just fuking fried my comp



ralphlauren55
08-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Just bought sc2, I go to ****ign play this game and 10 mins into playing I hear what sounds like an explosion come from my computer and my computer shuts off. I try to turn my computer on 30 seconds later and like 50 sparks shoot out the back of my comp. What should I do? Will blizz pay for this? I am so fuking pissed right now!!!!!!!!!! RAGE. MARK MY WORDS I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER BLIZ GAME AGAIN! This is going to cost me at least $600!!!!!

my vid card was an 8800gt btw.

Shattering Fast
08-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Just bought sc2, I go to ****ign play this game and 10 mins into playing I hear what sounds like an explosion come from my computer and my computer shuts off. I try to turn my computer on 30 seconds later and like 50 sparks shoot out the back of my comp. What should I do? Will blizz pay for this? I am so fuking pissed right now!!!!!!!!!! RAGE. MARK MY WORDS I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER BLIZ GAME AGAIN! This is going to cost me at least $600!!!!!

my vid card was an 8800gt btw.

i'm gonna go with coincidence

Hardcore_D00d
08-11-2010, 04:33 PM
lulzies.

been playing sc2 on my crap video card and it hasnt broken on me yet.

IllPhill
08-11-2010, 04:38 PM
sounds like your comp got baneling busted

backinbusiness
08-11-2010, 05:06 PM
I've heard of video card overheating due to the game for some reason, but sounds to me like you have a ****ty ass power supply and since the game is heavily taxing, it took out your system.

This is why you don't buy ****ty generic power supplies regardless of wattage. For this EXACT reason. I've seen this happen tons of times. Sometimes making pretty fireworks and and flames. No kidding.

Smell your PSU. It should smell burnt if it is toast. If so, replace it and pray it didn't take out anything else in your rig.

I'm 95% sure that's what happened.

Lemonade727
08-11-2010, 05:15 PM
I've heard of video card overheating due to the game for some reason, but sounds to me like you have a ****ty ass power supply and since the game is heavily taxing, it took out your system.

This is why you don't buy ****ty generic power supplies regardless of wattage. For this EXACT reason. I've seen this happen tons of times. Sometimes making pretty fireworks and and flames. No kidding.

Smell your PSU. It should smell burnt if it is toast. If so, replace it and pray it didn't take out anything else in your rig.

I'm 95% sure that's what happened.

^This.

OP, you dun goofed.

Boatski
08-11-2010, 05:17 PM
dis sho am good

ISurfNudeBrah
08-11-2010, 05:25 PM
sounds like your comp got baneling busted
this

lold

SipNPiz
08-11-2010, 05:26 PM
been playing on ultra on my laptop u mad?

T2TL
08-11-2010, 07:26 PM
I'll buy it from you for $10