PDA

View Full Version : Who switched from an iPhone to a Droid?

kelso
08-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Been thinking about going to a Sprint EVO4g, or a Droid X. Im so sick of the dropped calls with my iphone 4. Is life really greener on the other side? Maybe some other phones you'd reccomend looking at with a good quality build to them? I was looking at the captivate but it feels cheap compared to my iphone 4.

reps and thanks.

carlson61
08-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Ive had neither, but played with both (cousin is att sales man with i-phones. GF has droid with verizon -- couldnt tell u much about sprint). I think droid is better than i-phone.

For one ive been att a customer for years and got sick of their service and prices....and now they rid unlimited internet. (i canceled service with them and went with Straight talk and thus far love it) Granted their highest tier is worth amount of data....still. PLus there are a lot of bugs and glitches with the new iphone compared to new droid.

The droids features, app market, reliablilty, durabiliy (motorola versions) and verizons network.... if i could afford a high end phone...it place it all on droid

Im a picky consumer too. I research the heck outta things, check out forums, reviews, professional and consumer opinions, go hands on, look into brand history, and research more. Took me 4 months to buy a new tv....but every major purchase i made....ive never regreted. With that said...id still go with droid X

As for sprint - ive hear mixed reviews about their service. Good things about their phones though. Their network isnt as extensive as the other two. their 4g network is in about 3 cities only (not really but point remains).

Best beat once again - Droid X with Verizon. The customization, power, speed, performance, and network cant be beat. Maybe tied at best....but ur unhappy with the one device that could.

kelso
08-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Anyone know if you can do custom roms on a droid x yet?

themadgreek187
08-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Anyone know if you can do custom roms on a droid x yet?

check android forums or xda

carlson61
08-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Its very unlikely as the encryption is rediculous. I only see this as a minor set back considering as tech grows all new tech will follow suite.....but then its only a matter of time before consumers get savvy enough to advance once more and break them. Until them -- the apps and other features are nearly boundless