PDA

View Full Version : best team sport for short endo/mesomorph to play?

sea-wolf
06-16-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm 5'7", and naturally I tend to be an endomorph, but I put on muscle really easily as well (hence the unsureness as to whether I am endo or meso), and after sticking to cardio and weights for a while I've gotten myself to mostly muscle with little fat. I guess I'm 'stocky'? Anyway, I would like to get more involved in team athletics, and was wondering what sport is best for a short bulky guy who wants to improve overall fitness--cardiovascular power and endurance and muscle tone and bulk throughout my entire body. Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Taurean508
06-16-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm 5'7", and naturally I tend to be an endomorph, but I put on muscle really easily as well (hence the unsureness as to whether I am endo or meso), and after sticking to cardio and weights for a while I've gotten myself to mostly muscle with little fat. I guess I'm 'stout'? Anyway, I would like to get more involved in team athletics, and was wondering what sport is best for a short bulky guy who wants to improve overall fitness--cardiovascular power and endurance and muscle tone and bulk throughout my entire body. Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Wrestling? Track and Field-Throwing? Would be my first two suggestions. Both would work on making you explosive. As far as bulking you up, this more or less depends too on how your schools program is.. and what they focus on.

Edit: Those suggestions were geared towards fitting your build. Football may also be an option... and bulking up would be highly encourage/emphasized.

carl.c
06-16-2010, 10:53 AM
How about any sport you want to play, stop asking others what you should or shouldn't do and do what you enjoy doing.

GoofyGoober
06-16-2010, 11:00 AM
running back in football or wrasslin

GorillaGenetics
06-16-2010, 11:01 AM
http://rigsamarole.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/curling.jpg

xxtwistedxx
06-16-2010, 11:31 AM
scrummy or a hook in rugby. dont see you being a thrower for track anywhere. 5'7 is a helluva disadvantage.

gymnastics or cheerleading might be my other suggestions.

sea-wolf
06-16-2010, 11:45 AM
How about any sport you want to play, stop asking others what you should or shouldn't do and do what you enjoy doing.

I only asked because I have no experience, preference, or prior knowledge...if I were to do what I enjoy doing, I would be cracking open a pint of ben & jerry's in front of the tv right now. Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm going to see what club teams my university has!

BoyBawang
06-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Basketball if you like it. You can just play in pick up games you can still get good exercise and have fun because it's not super competitive.

TSRBlog
06-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Rugby