PDA

View Full Version : Putting "JACKED" into JACKEDRABBIT - My 2010 Offseason Journal

Pages : 1 [2]

scoobysnacks
08-28-2010, 05:53 PM
I've still been at it hard, brah. Just haven't felt like posting and haven't had the time to post from my notebook here into this journal. Been busy trying to land a new job (I actually start next week working for a worldwide athletic footwear/clothing company) and I've been going out with this girl. Things are good outside of the gym and I'm really enjoying that balance in my life.

So I hit back earlier this week, nothing crazy there. Did arms and changed it up a bit so now I'm doing higher reps. The 5x5 training helped loads - my close-grip is now 225 x 10. Easy. So my strength definitely went up there. Thanks to lower rep training, I can now train at higher "hypertrophy oriented" reps with heavier loads. Good stuff.

Deadlifted last night, didn't do too well. Only 455 x 4 on my 2nd set. My previous workout was better. Been going out, not getting enough water and sleep. I only have myself to blame but if you saw this girl I've been chilling with you'd understand!

Did chest and shoulders today. Solid workout. I have a feeling a 275 x 5 bench is coming.

Been hitting my diet, having 2-3 cheats per week. Last night was sushi, earlier was a turkey sub, and I think on Tuesday after the game we had some turkey burgers.

Still hitting cardio every morning and staying lean. Weighing around 195 still, even with the new bump in cals.

When I start my job next week I don't think I'll be updating as much. I will do my best to keep this journal alive though. Don't think I'm just gonna leave it to die! I just need some time to adjust and get acclimated to this new job before I can waste time on BB.com...lol.

This is great. I strongly believe bb'ing should also bring about improvements in the other aspects of your life. Jeff its great that you have LESS time to be on the computer, enjoy the women and enjoy your new job. Keep me posted, new pics soon perhaps.

Ss

jackedrabbit
08-31-2010, 05:18 AM
This is great. I strongly believe bb'ing should also bring about improvements in the other aspects of your life. Jeff its great that you have LESS time to be on the computer, enjoy the women and enjoy your new job. Keep me posted, new pics soon perhaps.

Ss

Thanks for checking in. Gonna make this quick before I have to leave for work.

Hit arms last night. Made progress. Got 225 x 10, 9+1 and 9 on close-grip bench, barbell curled 95 x 10, 10, 10 - EASY. Strength is going up now in the higher rep range. I hope to be able to use the weight I was using for 5x5 for straight sets of 10 soon!

Felt a twinge in my left tricep, more like a cramp when doing skulls last night. After the set where I felt it, I switched to dips. No problems there.

Weight was 191 this morning. Down a bit, but looking lean.

I get up every day at 6am for cardio. Do 30 min. LI, come back to shower and eat and I try to be out the door by 7:45am so I'm at the office before 9. It's an hour drive, but luckily a reverse commute, so hardly any traffic. I laugh at the poor souls going North, bumper to bumper...haha.

Work is good so far, getting thrown into the 2011 budgeting process so it's serious WORK. I need to sort of hit the ground running in understanding their prior forecasts, etc. But finance is finance, it's just that what the company does for business changes.

Taking today (8/31) off, hitting back tomorrow and chest the day after.

Oh, I also do 20-30 min. of LI cardio PWO as well since I'm sitting down most of the day.

Diet will be on point today. Missed a meal yesterday because I forgot to pack it.

jackedrabbit
09-03-2010, 05:30 AM
Did chest last night and back the night before. I'm able to do pull ups again without any pain in my right shoulder.

Nothing special to report. I need to let my body get used to this new work schedule so I can start making progress again. Last night I was just mentally and physically exhausted. Work will do that to ya...lol. So I only got 225 x 5, 4, and 3 on incline bench. Then I did the 95's for flat dumbbell bench for a few sets of 8-10.

Gonna hit legs tonight or maybe save them for tomorrow morning.

DanTheManB
09-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Did chest last night and back the night before. I'm able to do pull ups again without any pain in my right shoulder.

Nothing special to report. I need to let my body get used to this new work schedule so I can start making progress again. Last night I was just mentally and physically exhausted. Work will do that to ya...lol. So I only got 225 x 5, 4, and 3 on incline bench. Then I did the 95's for flat dumbbell bench for a few sets of 8-10.

makin sick progress bro.

bizzlewood
09-04-2010, 01:26 AM

It's good that you still went in and trained anywa, gotta push through the tiredness

On Thursday I had the same situation where I'd only had 3 hours sleep and had to get into the office at 6:45am and I still trained

It's was ****ing tough though

jackedrabbit
09-04-2010, 09:20 AM
It's good that you still went in and trained anywa, gotta push through the tiredness

On Thursday I had the same situation where I'd only had 3 hours sleep and had to get into the office at 6:45am and I still trained

It's was ****ing tough though

It's days like these that separate the men from the boys. It's those who are truly dedicated, who will go and DO WORK, even though work is the last thing they feel like doing.

jackedrabbit
09-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Gonna be hitting shoulders today and legs tomorrow on Sunday. Possibly arms on Monday. I think from now on, I'll be training on the weekend (both days) to take advantage of the fact that I'm fresh, and not exhausted from working and commuting. I think something like what I've outlined below would work well:

SUN - Legs/Abs

MON - Arms

TUES - Off/Cardio

WED - Back/Traps/Rear Delts

THU - Chest/Abs

FRI - Off/Cardio

SAT - Shoulders/Traps

This way, only 3 workouts are during the work week, and on Mondays I'm still pretty fresh so hitting arms would work well there. My shoulders need the most work, so putting them on Saturday would allow me to push 110%. Legs are tough to train and I love going HARD or not going at all, so doing them on Sunday would again, allow me to be fresh. My chest does need work, but maybe I can alternate things so my chest workout doesn't always suffer from me being tired from work. Back isn't something I'm too worried about training while semi-tired. I've never really had a bad back workout.

Cardio pwo or in the morning. Yep, this will work.

jackedrabbit
09-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Great workouts this weekend. I did shoulders yesterday, legs today and I've got arms tomorrow morning. Gotta love these long weekends filled with lifting. :)

Some highlights over the past two days include military pressing 145 for a few sets of 10 and squatting 315 for 10, 10 and 7 today. I'm especially happy with the squat because now I feel that 315 is a weight I can really "own". It's good when you first break into a weight, but it's better when you can do a weight on any given day. That's when you know you have it down.

Leg workout today was:

Squats
Seated Calf
Single Leg Curl
Leg Press
SLDL
Leg Extension

Morning weight has been hovering around 193-195. I'm still fairly lean but my back has gotten a bit smooth. Ah well, I've been enjoying life in the offseason! Need that balance in life. Also, a common pitfall of bodybuilders is to be too hard on one self. Sometimes you gotta step back and realize that even when you think you're fat, you are still better looking and leaner than 99% of the people out there! Helps keep OCD tendencies at bay and puts things in perspective.

Some new pics taken yesterday:

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii271/jackedrabbit/IMG_3183.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii271/jackedrabbit/IMG_3177.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii271/jackedrabbit/IMG_3178.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii271/jackedrabbit/IMG_3179.jpg

bizzlewood
09-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Dude seriously looking wide need to bring up your arms though

I agree we are all way too hard on ourselves you're in a good place when you've figure that out

I'm cutting and somedays I'm ok next day all I hear is "you're skinny" daily mind ****

extremenergy3
09-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Looking pretty darn lean for off season! Keep it up!

jackedrabbit
09-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Hit arms early today since the gym closes at 1pm and got a great workout in with the usual guys. Great camaraderie on a beautiful long weekend.

Barbell curled 100 for a few sets of 10, supersetting close grip bench for sets of 6-10 using 225-235. Did 4 sets each.

Then I did heavy machine curls and weighted dips, finished off with high cable curls and the tricep v-bar pressdown.

Did cardio (walking outside) with my friend Tyler after.

Off tomorrow and back in the gym on Wednesday and Thursday for back and chest, respectively.

jackedrabbit
09-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Holding around the same weight, 192 today.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii271/jackedrabbit/OFFSEASON%20-%201/IMG_3188.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii271/jackedrabbit/OFFSEASON%20-%201/IMG_3187.jpg

Some updates on current lifts:

Incline bench: 235 x 5

Flat DB bench: 100 x 10

Squat: 335 x 12

Dead: 455 x 5

BB Row: 185 x 10

pull ups: BW+ 25 x 10

BB curl: 100 x 10

^^ These lifts are all done effortlessly.

DanTheManB
09-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Lookin leaner @ 192...did u drop some water? All in all keep up the great work man, seriously! My bulk starts in about a week.

wrkoutfrq
09-25-2010, 08:41 AM
damn that lat spread is sick... keep up the great work brah!

DanTheManB
09-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Btw man AWESOME job o nthe squat+ deadlift numbers! Obviously workin for you! Legs exploded!

bizzlewood
09-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Agreed looking alot leaner

What's the plan for the next comp brah?

p.s tidy your room up

jackedrabbit
09-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Agreed looking alot leaner

What's the plan for the next comp brah?

p.s tidy your room up

I think I may in fact be leaner, probably due to a change in supplements. In terms of food, my diet has really just been the same. Maybe less cheating now since I'm so busy with work that I just prefer to be on a set diet and subsequently, a set schedule.

MAYBE...just maybe...I'll do the Jay Cutler Classic again next year. Perhaps try to win the lighweight class, or move up to middles. Who knows...

Yeah, I get messy at times. You caught me on a bad day!

WhiteFiberz
10-08-2010, 09:28 AM
dude...so you're ~40lbs over contest weight looking like THAT? That's a crazy rebound.

super_stevecc
10-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Shoulders, traps, chest, LEGS look much bigger
You're looking tight.

jackedrabbit
10-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Thanks guys for the recent compliments. Yeah, I was 150 for my show and I've been holding onto a steady 190-196. It's been fluctuating a lot lately because my diet has been slacking a bit and I just returned from a trip up to NH to hike the White Mountains, so I dropped some weight (hopefully just water) by doing that.

Honestly though, I think I may have maxed out my gains...or maybe they are just gonna be super slow for the rest of my offseason.

I will be talking to my coach, Jason Theobald soon in order to game plan for the 2011 Jay Cutler Classic, which I will either WIN the lightweights, or compete in Middles.

I am probably leaner now than those pictures posted above. I look like I did when I was 8 weeks out or so during my previous prep.

If I could get up to 200, and start cutting in February I think I could come into the May show looking shredded at 170.

Sorry I haven't been around here much. Been busy with work and stuff and recently had a bad break with this girl I've been dating. But whatever, the weights will always be there for me.

DanTheManB
10-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks guys for the recent compliments. Yeah, I was 150 for my show and I've been holding onto a steady 190-196. It's been fluctuating a lot lately because my diet has been slacking a bit and I just returned from a trip up to NH to hike the White Mountains, so I dropped some weight (hopefully just water) by doing that.

Honestly though, I think I may have maxed out my gains...or maybe they are just gonna be super slow for the rest of my offseason.

I will be talking to my coach, Jason Theobald soon in order to game plan for the 2011 Jay Cutler Classic, which I will either WIN the lightweights, or compete in Middles.

I am probably leaner now than those pictures posted above. I look like I did when I was 8 weeks out or so during my previous prep.

If I could get up to 200, and start cutting in February I think I could come into the May show looking shredded at 170.

Sorry I haven't been around here much. Been busy with work and stuff and recently had a bad break with this girl I've been dating. But whatever, the weights will always be there for me.

Sorry bout the chick, man. And yea the weights will def always be there for ya bro.

You've made great improvements and not everyone is cut out to be a mass monster anyway. Your next show is gonna be fukin awesome though

bizzlewood
10-30-2010, 01:27 AM
You still there bro???

ronin_ts
12-02-2010, 05:25 PM
bump..I havent heard anything in a while...everything alright?

jackedrabbit
12-17-2010, 07:44 AM
You still there bro???

bump..I havent heard anything in a while...everything alright?

Hey guys, sorry I've been really busy with things outside of the gym but lifting has been going VERY well.

I still weigh the same, and look about the same in terms of leanness, but my strength has shot up like crazy! Last weekend I deadlifted 500 x 3 and benched 275 x 4. These are both PR's for me, and I'm particularily excited about the bench because I've never been great at it. I've also been chasing after 500 x 1 for 2 years now, so to get 3 reps was AMAZING.

I recently landed in new job downtown Boston, so now I'm planning to move back into the city and smash as many bishes as possible!

Related to the above, I'm been seeing this new girl and things have been going well. Just trying to take things as they come and enjoy her company for now. I have a tendency to "project" and "plan" things, so I'm trying to go with the flow here. :)

My plans for the next few months are to gain more strength and just try to maintain my conditioning as it is now and maybe start to clean up my diet. I've been eating whatever and whenever, but it seems like all this new muscle is just taking care of itself. I've noticed that I've been able to get away with A LOT more food, and bad foods too...lol.

But the main goal here is to start dieting down in February - possibly for the Cutler 2011. I may or may not do the show, but I will start my diet in Feb. I'll make the call to continue into the last legs of prep in April perhaps. With my new job and my new girl, I don't want to miss out on anything. I've realized that while I love bb, my life outside of it needs to be in place for me to love doing this. I've realized that this really isn't my main priority, or my main love in life and balance and success in everything I pursue is important to me.

So that's about it. It would be nice to be able to bench 275 x 8 in 2 months, and deadlift 500 x 5. We'll see. I got my squat up to 375 x 6 before I switched back to doing deadlifts as my primary leg exercise, but I think I could have gotten more than 6 reps since 375 was my 4th and last set, after doing 335 x 10-12 for the first few. :)

Thanks for continuing to follow me guys. I'll be around.