PDA

View Full Version : Winter germs

onnadafit
06-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Hi ladies - am getting over a head cold/chest bug and am keen to train on Saturday after five days off!! No infection thanks to test, fluids, echineacea - don't want to get sick again, is 5 days enough if I feel up to it? Haven't been sick like this for a while!!

sherdi
06-02-2010, 02:42 AM
I'm in OZ and yes, there are some winter germs going around. I picked up one of these last week. Started feeling sick Monday/Tuesday (weight trained on this night). Really sick on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Did some like cardio on Saturday. Sunday complete rest. Still not feeling 100% on Monday but I decided I was over the worst and weight trained Monday and Tuesday night. I felt that was okay for me and it certainly didn't make me feel worse. So I had nearly 1 week of from weight training.

If you feel you are nearly better and don't have any major chest issues (infection, bad cough etc), you could do some training. However, if you feel that your chest is still not better, it's best to leave it a few more days. It's not going to make any difference in the big scheme of things and it's better to look after your health...especially with so many horrible bugs going around!

onnadafit
06-02-2010, 04:43 AM
Thanks, these bugs hit you hard hey!! I think I will rest up & do some cardio on sat and see how I go :) then will get back into training - had a huge week last week training which prob didn't help the immune system! Will rest in between training days for the next week, test & of course clean foods :)
I'm in OZ and yes, there are some winter germs going around. I picked up one of these last week. Started feeling sick Monday/Tuesday (weight trained on this night). Really sick on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Did some like cardio on Saturday. Sunday complete rest. Still not feeling 100% on Monday but I decided I was over the worst and weight trained Monday and Tuesday night. I felt that was okay for me and it certainly didn't make me feel worse. So I had nearly 1 week of from weight training.

If you feel you are nearly better and don't have any major chest issues (infection, bad cough etc), you could do some training. However, if you feel that your chest is still not better, it's best to leave it a few more days. It's not going to make any difference in the big scheme of things and it's better to look after your health...especially with so many horrible bugs going around!