PDA

View Full Version : Quick Ways I Ingest Garlic

dustinlima
05-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Garlic is the ****. So are onions, but that's beside the point. Scallions go right through me like lactose, but again, a tangent.

Getting back to the task at hand, garlic is 1) delicious 2) nutritious. It has some B vitamins, C vitamin, electrolytes and other metals; it is dense with prebiotics... I could go on, but let's just say that it does everything under the sun, from nourishing to vampire-warding.

Here are some of the ways I can get my garlic dose in quickly:

1) Microwaved: Cut off the bottom. Place in small tupperware / seal-able container. Drizzle olive oil over it. Place cap on container, not actually sealing it. Place in microwave for 1.75-3 minutes. Remove, let cool down, and pick out cloves from the skins - they slip right out. This is a quick method to yield oven-roasted-esque garlic. Personally, I eat a whole head like this. Also, I did a quick check and microwaving olive oil for 2 minutes did not appear to have that much of an effect at all - perhaps someone can correct me?

2) Slap-chopped, in vinegar and olive oil with ground black pepper, and put on top of a salad. I can personally handle about 3-5 raw cloves this way, and it makes for a delicious salad dressing.

3) Raw. Feel the burn. No pain no gain. Why invest in a garlic press when you have teeth? Beginners may wish to take it slowly at first, dissecting the garlic, and consuming a layer at a time. It really is amazing what you may find in these foods we are so disconnected from today. I get anywhere from 1 to 3 raw cloves per day this method. Being the middle child of the family, this is the technique I have employed to gain much recognition ;) Seriously though, you can get about a 10 foot radius of odor going.

Thanks for reading. Enjoy garlic, in whatever method... and if you have other methods (even if not speedy) your input would be appreciated (and repped?)

nicoledominique
05-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Huh?