PDA

View Full Version : Friend just picked up a 3.8XDm 9mm

Steak_n_Taters
04-23-2010, 03:11 PM
We're gonna take it to the range tomorrow (with some other stuff).

I'm looking forward to it cause it looks like a nice mid-sized carry gun which I've been looking at.

My next gun will either be that or a G19 with the 4th gens come out.

Anyone got the 3.8XDm? What do you think about it?

He picked it up for $600 before taxes... little steep IMO, but I haven't checked around much.

wtturn
04-23-2010, 03:12 PM
$600? Good grief...

Steak_n_Taters
04-23-2010, 03:22 PM
$600? Good grief...

Yeah I'll probably be buying online with a $20 transfer ftw.

Organichu
04-23-2010, 05:55 PM
it's not as long as the full sized XDm but it's about the same height... it won't be much easier for CC

very nice piece, though

let us know how you like it

Scheisse
04-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I would (and did, lol) just get the full size. You're only talking about 3/4 of an inch difference in barrel length or something. Everything else seems to be identical. If you can conceal the 3.8, you can conceal the standard size.

Turbomunkey
04-23-2010, 06:32 PM
i dont know if you browse ar15 or not but i have been poking around in the glock section lately and looks like the G17 Gen4's are having some issues. A lot of people are saying its because they need to be broken in, but not sure. Just something to consider

CrimsonWhite
04-23-2010, 06:43 PM
yeah the 4th gens seem to be jamming due to something having to do with the double recoil springs.

i shot an xdm9 yesterday for the first time, and i have to say i liked it. the factory trigger is considerably better than the standard glock trigger. i still love my g19, though.

i also would get the full size in stead of the 3.8, personally.

Steak_n_Taters
04-23-2010, 06:52 PM
i dont know if you browse ar15 or not but i have been poking around in the glock section lately and looks like the G17 Gen4's are having some issues. A lot of people are saying its because they need to be broken in, but not sure. Just something to consider

Hmmm that's interesting. I checked out the new 17 at the shop today and it looked nice. But so do almost all new guns lol. Obviously can't tell anything about how they shoot just by handling it.

yeah the 4th gens seem to be jamming due to something having to do with the double recoil springs.

i shot an xdm9 yesterday for the first time, and i have to say i liked it. the factory trigger is considerably better than the standard glock trigger. i still love my g19, though.

i also would get the full size in stead of the 3.8, personally.

Would be cool if they made a semi-compact 3.8, with still enough frame to get your pinky around, maybe 16 round mag or something. Would be a pretty ideal mid sized carry gun. Something G19 sized.

I like the shorter barrel for slight weight reduction and it will make it more comfortable to sit down with it IWB.

Looks better too (I know looks not important) with the slide having the same profile through the whole length and ending in line with the frame.

Also looked at the Kahr P9. That's just a sexy gun. Might get one of those eventually too. Just a slightly bigger version of my PM9.

El Gilbro
04-26-2010, 07:16 AM
I was interested in a 3.8XDm until I found out that the grip size is the same as the full size XDm. Were the grip smaller, I would get one. I just don't see the point since I already have a full size XDm. I'm currently looking to get something like a G26 that would be easier to conceal.

NuggzTheNinja
04-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Would be cool if they made a semi-compact 3.8, with still enough frame to get your pinky around, maybe 16 round mag or something. Would be a pretty ideal mid sized carry gun. Something G19 sized.

Yep, they failed pretty hard in this respect. The XD should have been the fullsize - standard - subcompact pistol, and the XDm should have been the fullsize - standard - compact pistol.

aznefxSteveo
04-26-2010, 08:30 AM
slightly off topic, but I cannot wait tell they come out with the 4.5 XDm in .45, will be my first handgun. ...anyways, OP - have fun shootin that XDm, i love those guns. here's a pic of mah friends (full size)

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af105/pbsteve77/IMG_0493.jpg