PDA

View Full Version : Good Mornings--leg or back day?

Rowyn
03-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Hey all---Being new to the forum I have spent a little time looking at various online training journals and noticed a few people incorporate good mornings into their leg workouts. When this exercise is part of my workout, I use it on a back day for lower back, since I consider it first a back workout with hamstrings secondary. I have seen that some people even do them on a leg day, then have a back day immediately afterwards. No soreness? I would think that performing them for legs one day would decrease the effectiveness of a back workout the next day, but maybe they are lighter weights? If I did them in that way, my back would not feel as strong for its workout the next day I would think.

Just curious :)

kimm4
03-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Hey all---Being new to the forum I have spent a little time looking at various online training journals and noticed a few people incorporate good mornings into their leg workouts. When this exercise is part of my workout, I use it on a back day for lower back, since I consider it first a back workout with hamstrings secondary. I have seen that some people even do them on a leg day, then have a back day immediately afterwards. No soreness? I would think that performing them for legs one day would decrease the effectiveness of a back workout the next day, but maybe they are lighter weights? If I did them in that way, my back would not feel as strong for its workout the next day I would think.

Just curious :)

If you bend your legs they hit more lower back. No bend and you'll feel it more in the glute/ham area.

cut.copy
03-02-2010, 02:25 PM
good mornings work primarily your hamstrings, so Id say on leg day. Additional muscles used are your lower back muscles...

Rowyn
03-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Well, I was going to post the vid from the supersite but I can't post links yet since I haven't had 30 posts;). I perform them like the woman in that video, my knees are unlocked and slightly bent. I have always felt this most in lower back and usually interchange these with back hyperextensions.