PDA

View Full Version : Im new to all this... equipment suggestions??

HeavyW
01-31-2010, 11:27 PM
Hey guys..

I am just getting into some fitness as I am about 30 lbs over weight and wish to lose that as well as start lifting weights. I bought a treadmill, and now I am looking to buy some beginner weight lifting stuff.

I have no idea where to start with the weight lifting. I have read lots of routines for beginners on here.

I am curious as to what routine you guys would suggest for me? As well as what equipment do I need to buy to get things started. ( I have 2 25lb dumbbells right now and thats it)

I am wondering should I just do the p90x to start for a few months while I do my cardio, or should I just start a proper lifting routine?

Appreciate any replies guys as I am really excited about getting in shape!

wolfdragon
01-31-2010, 11:45 PM
Reading the FAQ Sticky would answer your questions (mostly) in better detail. I'd suggest buying a book called Starting Strength, a rack, adjustable bench and weight set.
If you want to go cheap look for the equipment used on craigslist and/or ebay.

HeavyW
02-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Reading the FAQ Sticky would answer your questions (mostly) in better detail. I'd suggest buying a book called Starting Strength, a rack, adjustable bench and weight set.
If you want to go cheap look for the equipment used on craigslist and/or ebay.

Okay...

I found a rack like this, is that what you mean?

I dont have enough posts to put a link,replace zzz with wwwbut

zzz.treadmillfactory.ca/p-352-c-8-powertec-power-rack.html[/url]

I think it comes with a bench on it, so I would just need to buy a weight set correct?

HardKore79
02-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Okay...

I found a rack like this, is that what you mean?

I dont have enough posts to put a link,replace zzz with wwwbut

zzz.treadmillfactory.ca/p-352-c-8-powertec-power-rack.html[/url]

I think it comes with a bench on it, so I would just need to buy a weight set correct?Again, you need to read the stickies(threads on top of your thread). And yeah, that's what a power rack is. It doesn't come with a bench or anything.