View Full Version : Living forever

malcore1991
01-24-2010, 08:44 PM
ntY01qoIdus

discuss

malcore1991
01-24-2010, 08:53 PM
some of his ideas actually scare the **** out of me

merging human intelligence with artificial intelligence... what if we lose our ability to think freely (keeping philosophy out of the argument)

K1o5yB2oLyo

malcore1991
01-24-2010, 09:00 PM
1uIzS1uCOcE

RealTalk92
01-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Very interesting. If these methods and ideas are brought to reality things will definitely get crazy.

malcore1991
01-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Very interesting. If these methods and ideas are brought to reality things will definitely get crazy.

link to the thread I made in the misc

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121892821

RealTalk92
01-24-2010, 09:50 PM
link to the thread I made in the misc

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121892821

I'll check out more on this guy tomorrow. I'm ready to live forever now.

scantraxx
01-24-2010, 09:51 PM
when i'm older i don't want to know about all these crazy advancements, i want to be the old man thats like "how does all the mumbo jimbo work, with gadgets and the hoo hah and the razzletaz"

**** living forever i need to travel the universe when im gone, no not heaven i plan to float in a place that is perfect and i am euphoria.

malcore1991
01-24-2010, 09:52 PM
I'll check out more on this guy tomorrow. I'm ready to live forever now.

just imagine if you could taste every food, read every book, listen to every piece of music, watch every movie, do everything you ever wanted to do

Eventually I would probably kill myself, but the only reason I am a nihilist right now is because life ends eventually, and even if I could live for 1000 years, that would be enough to reverse my nihilistic thinking

malcore1991
01-24-2010, 09:54 PM
when i'm older i don't want to know about all these crazy advancements, i want to be the old man thats like "how does all the mumbo jimbo work, with gadgets and the hoo hah and the razzletaz"

**** living forever i need to travel the universe when im gone, no not heaven i plan to float in a place that is perfect and i am euphoria.

if you can live forever, eventually humans will be forced to inhabit another planet/moon/place thats capable of sustaining life. The earth will eventually become overpopulated or just not fit to sustain life.

If you can live forever, you'll live to see these technological advances unfold and you may have the ability to travel through the universe as you wish.

That would be one of my lifelong goals if I could live forever. One of my lifelong goals right now is to somehow go to space and view Earth from above

Kalikolei
01-24-2010, 10:01 PM
I don't know if I would want to live forever. People have been living and dieing since they have existed. Life is a cycle and I intend to live up to the tradition. I just hope the PCT is worth while

Tyler_Durdin
01-24-2010, 10:04 PM
you won't live long enough to live forever

u mad?

scantraxx
01-24-2010, 10:07 PM
if you can live forever, eventually humans will be forced to inhabit another planet/moon/place thats capable of sustaining life. The earth will eventually become overpopulated or just not fit to sustain life.

If you can live forever, you'll live to see these technological advances unfold and you may have the ability to travel through the universe as you wish.

That would be one of my lifelong goals if I could live forever. One of my lifelong goals right now is to somehow go to space and view Earth from above

Yeah but I don't like this stuff he talks about, like nano bots in our blood and robots with emotions and all this jargen sounds too crazy. I can't really give you a good opinion on this because this is the first I've really seen in regards to the advancements in science, it just seems daunting i guess.

lol when i say travel through the universe i dont mean like travel around planets and stuff i mean like traveling like smoking DMT haha..

but i can see how this is very appealing to some, and that would be a nice goal to see earth from space, i have wanted to do that aswell, ive wanted to goto the moon aswell, but only because i was really stoned.. haha

I don't think many people have ever thought of it like this but I think we are the "aliens" we will get so advanced that we will have space ships and stuff and find plantes with other life maybe not as advanced as us haha... who knows lol. This is making me want to smoke weed right now lol

malcore1991
01-24-2010, 10:08 PM
you won't live long enough to live forever

u mad?

Kurzweil says within the next 30 years..... BRAH

malcore1991
01-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Yeah but I don't like this stuff he talks about, like nano bots in our blood and robots with emotions and all this jargen sounds too crazy. I can't really give you a good opinion on this because this is the first I've really seen in regards to the advancements in science, it just seems daunting i guess.

lol when i say travel through the universe i dont mean like travel around planets and stuff i mean like traveling like smoking DMT haha..

but i can see how this is very appealing to some, and that would be a nice goal to see earth from space, i have wanted to do that aswell, ive wanted to goto the moon aswell, but only because i was really stoned.. haha

I don't think many people have ever thought of it like this but I think we are the "aliens" we will get so advanced that we will have space ships and stuff and find plantes with other life maybe not as advanced as us haha... who knows lol. This is making me want to smoke weed right now lol

trust me a lot of my interest in such topics stems from drug use

scantraxx
01-24-2010, 10:14 PM
trust me a lot of my interest in such topics stems from drug use

anyone that brings this sort of topic up i would think would have an interest in drugs lol.

I just thought this though, even if they do figure out how to make people live forever what about the mind...? i think the mind would start dieing beyond anything technology could fix!

and by the time they figure out how you can live forever you might be like 80 or something, why would you want to live as an 80 year old forever lol i would rather be like 21 or something which i dont see hapening in the next 3 or so years.. lol

Tyler_Durdin
01-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Kurzweil says within the next 30 years..... BRAH

bahahahahahaha

look at the factors here its an educated guess and highly doubt in the next 30 years we will have anything close to that technology

if people lived forever we would destroy ourselves their would be no room no food and mass chaos

do you really think the government would release this type of technology into the the public you think the government wants you to live forever? ROFLMAO

even if and thats a big fu*king if they released it onto the public what the fu*k makes you think you could afford it

even if you did get all of this sh*t 400 years down the line your skin would be fu*king draggin around on the ground and you would be the ugliest thing to walk the earth

haha and whats is it gonna protect you from being shot or blown up or stabbed

tooooo many factors to even consider it in 30 years try 300 years maybe

scantraxx
01-24-2010, 10:20 PM
bahahahahahaha

look at the factors here its an educated guess and highly doubt in the next 30 years we will have anything close to that technology

if people lived forever we would destroy ourselves their would be no room no food and mass chaos

do you really think the government would release this type of technology into the the public you think the government wants you to live forever? ROFLMAO

even if and thats a big fu*king if they released it onto the public what the fu*k makes you think you could afford it

even if you did get all of this sh*t 400 years down the line your skin would be fu*king draggin around on the ground and you would be the ugliest thing to walk the earth

good points derr.

Also you say try in 300 years, a while back i heard something about the sun burning all life of earth in 400 years... lol

Tyler_Durdin
01-24-2010, 10:22 PM
good points derr.

Also you say try in 300 years, a while back i heard something about the sun burning all life of earth in 400 years... lol

yes the sun scares me lol

scantraxx
01-24-2010, 10:24 PM

It will kill us all one day, it already kills people now, which brings me to the point, How come they think they can make people live for ever but haven't cured cancer? or the common cold?

malcore1991
01-24-2010, 10:27 PM
anyone that brings this sort of topic up i would think would have an interest in drugs lol.

I just thought this though, even if they do figure out how to make people live forever what about the mind...? i think the mind would start dieing beyond anything technology could fix!

and by the time they figure out how you can live forever you might be like 80 or something, why would you want to live as an 80 year old forever lol i would rather be like 21 or something which i dont see hapening in the next 3 or so years.. lol
If somebody can figure out a way to stop aging, I'm positive they can reverse certain effects of it. I'm sure nanobots can be created to fix, not just sustain, the person's current level of health

bahahahahahaha

Seriously, get out of my thread. Not only are you retarded, but your lack of support for science is just amazingly frustrating

good points derr.

Also you say try in 300 years, a while back i heard something about the sun burning all life of earth in 400 years... lol Our sun has like 6 billion years left of support for us

again, gtfo

malcore1991
01-24-2010, 10:28 PM
It will kill us all one day, it already kills people now, which brings me to the point, How come they think they can make people live for ever but haven't cured cancer? or the common cold?

Of course you can be killed by other things, I think Kurzweil (for now) is just talking about stopping aging. I'm sure he believes we will cure most diseases within the next 20-50 years

Tyler_Durdin
01-24-2010, 10:31 PM
lmao okay dude sorry to **** on your hopes and dreams

JOSEF RAKICH
01-24-2010, 10:32 PM

Humans would probally create a 2nd world and start living there, when you think about it anythign is relly possible, look how far we have came so far from lighting fire with sticks, its not going to stop, i wouldent be surprised if people started building appartments on the moon and it became a holiday spot.

Tyler_Durdin
01-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Humans would probally create a 2nd world and start living there, when you think about it anythign is relly possible, look how far we have came so far from lighting fire with sticks, its not going to stop, i wouldent be surprised if people started building appartments on the moon and it became a holiday spot.

thats true but it would be centuries before that even began to happen

malcore1991
01-24-2010, 10:40 PM

if you check out the link I posted up top, the one to the thread I made in this misc, theres an interview with him with Glenn Beck where he talks about the advancement of technology and how fast it's going, and how fast even the speeding up of technological advancement is speeding up.

JOSEF RAKICH
01-24-2010, 10:49 PM
thats true but it would be centuries before that even began to happen

Yeah deffently wont be in our time.

if you check out the link I posted up top, the one to the thread I made in this misc, theres an interview with him with Glenn Beck where he talks about the advancement of technology and how fast it's going, and how fast even the speeding up of technological advancement is speeding up.

Yeah **** is crazy, our technology alredy as it is, its amazing just thinking of everything we have created from nothing, if you got a cave man here in nowadays he would literally be ****ting bricks, tecnhology is just out of this world now and its not goign to stop, in 1000 years time if humans are still around its going to unbelivable things we cant even comprehend or imagine.

I often think to myself if there is another source of life form out there who have more avdanced technology than us.

malcore1991
01-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah deffently wont be in our time.

Yeah **** is crazy, our technology alredy as it is, its amazing just thinking of everything we have created from nothing, if you got a cave man here in nowadays he would literally be ****ting bricks, tecnhology is just out of this world now and its not goign to stop, in 1000 years time if humans are still around its going to unbelivable things we cant even comprehend or imagine.

I often think to myself if there is another source of life form out there who have more avdanced technology than us.

see what I think most people don't realize, is that what people think we will have in hundreds of years, we will in fact have in a fraction of that time

cc5gIj3jz44

demoniclizard
01-24-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm still wondering where my flying cars are that back to the future2 predicted for us

hammersforteeth
01-24-2010, 11:28 PM
i think if people were able to live forever suicide rates would go up.....living forever would be depressing imo.

malcore1991
01-24-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm still wondering where my flying cars are that back to the future2 predicted for us
that's what glenn beck said in the interview lol. But think about how dangerous flying cars would be... besides i'm sure jetpacks will come a lot sooner and will be a lot easier to manage

i think if people were able to live forever suicide rates would go up.....living forever would be depressing imo.

I personally think I will die from either suicide or drug overdose

StevenNevets
01-25-2010, 12:06 AM

I thought about this when watching one of the videos too.

However it's true the rate of technological advancements is going up like crazy.

hammersforteeth
01-25-2010, 12:09 AM
I personally think I will die from either suicide or drug overdose

yeah...**** that...unless its suicide by cop...

StevenNevets
01-25-2010, 12:35 AM
If genes can be altered and memories/skills/knowledge can be downloaded what would make one person any different from the other?

How would the job system work?

Also I read this book years ago involving a young boy and old man where the weather is either always the same or they control it and he breaks away and finds reality. Something like that.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? will rep

hammersforteeth
01-25-2010, 12:51 AM
http://memegenerator.net/Instances/673/Veteran-PTSD-Clarinet-Boy-MY-DREAM-IS-TO-BECOME-IMMORTAL-AND-THEN-DIE.jpg

LukeN.Good
01-25-2010, 01:05 AM
I'm entertaining philosophy for a second - most of which is far from scientific. It's interesting how this thread is operating under the assumption that, if such technology was ultimately available, EVERYONE would inherently profit from it. Immortality is not something to be administered by an all access, freewill PEZ dispenser. :rolleyes:

There would be no point in making it attainable to the dumbasses and/or poor. On that note, there's not much prospect of potential immortality here regardless. Strong science-fiction fixation ITT.

malcore1991
01-25-2010, 01:37 AM
I'm entertaining philosophy for a second - most of which is far from scientific. It's interesting how this thread is operating under the assumption that, if such technology was ultimately available, EVERYONE would inherently profit from it. Immortality is not something to be administered by an all access, freewill PEZ dispenser. :rolleyes:

There would be no point in making it attainable to the dumbasses and/or poor. On that note, there's not much prospect of potential immortality here regardless. Strong science-fiction fixation ITT.

I don't think anybody is assuming "wow everybody is immortal oh happy day"

and it's not even immortality lol, it's just stopping the aging process

LukeN.Good
01-25-2010, 02:20 AM
I don't think anybody is assuming "wow everybody is immortal oh happy day"

and it's not even immortality lol, it's just stopping the aging process

Many of the misguided responses in this thread demonstrate otherwise.

Evasion of natural death, nonetheless - way to restate the essential definition of the word. (Else someone needs to change their thread title.)

malcore1991
01-25-2010, 02:22 AM
Many of the misguided responses in this thread demonstrate otherwise.

Evasion of natural death, nonetheless - way to restate the essential definition of the word. (Else someone needs to change their thread title.)

u picky brah

biggerplz09
01-25-2010, 02:26 AM
lifespan hasn't increased in the last 50 years bros.

life expectancy has.

+ i'ma live forever newayz.