PDA

View Full Version : Squatting today...

Sebas94
01-04-2010, 06:16 PM
During my third and last set of 5 doing 190 I started feeling this annoying little pain in the back of my legs during the 4th and 5th reps. I felt fine doing all sets and reps. I pushed and felt great and even those last 2 felt good even with that little ehh going on. It was during the couple minutes following the set that the little pain started becoming more annoying. I still did my overhead press and my dips but as of right now if I try to squat down or stand up or cross my legs when I'm sitting I get a pretty ugly pain. Very bearable and not too bad but obviously something happened. Any ideas what could have happened?

This is where the pain is
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/uzumaki_photo/mms_picture-1.jpg

biggerthanlavar
01-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Are you warming up dynamically prior to squatting and lifting in general? If not, you should be. you may have pulled or at least, tweaked your hamstrings.

Sebas94
01-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Are you warming up dynamically prior to squatting and lifting in general? If not, you should be. you may have pulled or at least, tweaked your hamstrings.

I ALWAYS warm up before. Always do 4 sets of 5 with weight increasing to warm up and then I do my sets

biggerthanlavar
01-04-2010, 06:38 PM
actually, you should be doing some form of dynamic warm up, even prior to engaging in the movment. dynamic warm up and warming up w/ lgither weigth squats is not the same thing. google dynamic warmup and you'll see what I mean.

Some people can get away w/o warming up. personally, I can't. I get the same pain you do, in the same area. a fifteen min. dynamic warmup routine pretty much cured me of that problem.

Sebas94
01-04-2010, 06:41 PM
I'll try that. I use to have to do em during p90x and know theyre good. Thanks bro

biggerthanlavar
01-04-2010, 06:58 PM
np, good luck to you. I know how bad it sucks when you have pain while lifting.

Ironwake
01-04-2010, 07:11 PM
I'll try that. I use to have to do em during p90x and know theyre good. Thanks bro

I always do 5 minutes of walking / jogging, then stretching for around 5 minutes.. then starting squat warm ups.

SheWulf
01-04-2010, 07:27 PM
I had pain like that when I had tendinitis.

Sebas94
01-04-2010, 07:52 PM
I always do 5 minutes of walking / jogging, then stretching for around 5 minutes.. then starting squat warm ups.

I use the bicycle for 5 minutes first thing when I walk in the gym every workout