PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Jump Bible!!

Howey21
12-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Hey guys,
I've recently finished my exams and am having a bit of a break from my typical game of basketball 5 days a week. I started the program a while back but recently took 2 weeks off as I went on holiday. I was quite worried that I would have lost some of my progress but in actual fact the break gave my muscles time to rechrage and has brought me great gains.

Stats at start:
Height: 6'0" - 182cm
Weight: 72kg, 159lbs
Vert: 25", 63.5cm
Reach: 7'10"

Stats in week 6:
Height: 6'1" - 185cm
Weight: 70kg, 154lbs
Vert: 31", 78cm
Reach: 7'11"

Here's my progress so far
Week 1: +1 inch (25.5')
Week 2: +1 inch (26.5')
Week 3: did not record
Week 4: did not record
Week 5: did not record
Week 6: + 4.5 inches (31')
Week 7:
Week 8:
Week 9:
Week 10:
Week 11:
Week 12:

I'm more than happy to update every couple of days if there's any interest in the program.

Oh and for the record I'm doing the beginner program, which is the first of 4 12 week programs designed to increse vertical jump. 6 weeks in and I'm grabbing the ring with ease and almost getting my whole wrist over it. I have about 2 more months before my usual 5 day activity starts around again so I'm going to try and train extremely well and eat a good diet to ensure my dunking success prior to the start of the season.

Al3aZeF
12-25-2009, 11:13 AM
good job bro, 4.5'' in 6 weaks!
thats amazing, and if you want see a huge gain you have to mix biggener plyo and bodyweigh program, good luck

Howey21
12-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Its actually 5.5 inches in 6 weeks.
When I started I could touch the rim occasionaaly and these days I can almost get my whole wrist over it :). I lost a little bodyfat and have been eating better to and I think that has helped with these great gains so far. I'll try and get a couple of pics for you guys over the next couple of days.

Yeah I saw the bodyweight program, I could definately do with some added strength and a bit of weight to. I might check that out and see how I go.
Cheers for the heads up mate :)

Howey21
12-29-2009, 12:51 AM
Workout was going well until the 1 leg lateral cone hops.
My right ankle just slipped and rolled or twisted. I hurt it quite badly about a month and a half ago playing ball and walking around in thongs in the aussie summer hasn't allowed it to heal just yet. I'll give it another shot on monday.

catchas

I don't have any pics of when I started but I'll see what I can do about getting some 6 weeks in and then I'll get a couple more when I've finished the program. . . hopefully of me dunking haha.