PDA

View Full Version : Coming back from an injury

mtvruinedyou
12-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Alright guys,

I hurt my back pretty bad last summer (Herniated Disc L4-L5, now another doctor said that this wasn't the case - it was just normal disc degeneration that went a little too fast), doctor says that it's healing at a very nice rate and should be entirely healed soon.

They had me on some hard core painkillers; OC, Opana, MSIR, Morph Sulfate, etc.. I recently decided that I no longer wanted to head down that path and quit cold turkey. Oddly enough, when I quit taking them my back felt better.

Some mornings ill wake up and it will be sore, some I will wake up and feel entirely normal.

Over the past few weeks I have been running and doing core pushup and situp workouts to try and get back into some shape and know where my threshold is with my back - and honestly it's gotta be a lot higher than what I thought because other than normal muscle pain from pushing yourself, i haven't been in pain.

I would like to get back into shape. I weigh about 20lbs less than what I did before my injury. What would be the most intense and quickest way for me to put mass back on?

I was looking into crossfit and such; I want to be pushed, hard. I want to know what my true limits are and how to surpass them.

Thing is, I was looking into going Army or Marines because I couldn't get the funding to finish college (Im a senior), I just got funding and can now finish my education before I think about the military again.

Is CrossFit good for motivation and being pushed hard? ... but Im kind of broke.

I can always use my college gym for free.
----------------------------------------

Also, guys, if you ever have a problem with painkillers - you can do it, you can quit. It's hard and it hurts, but it will make you a better person if you can beat it before it beats you.

johnderriLLL
12-08-2009, 02:25 AM
eating is the best mass builder. for exercises ull want to do basic compound exercises.

i love doing them fitness trails at the park.