PDA

View Full Version : Optimum amount of cardio for fat loss to get lean

co1e_train
11-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey guys,

So i hear some say only 4 or so days of cardio at not much more then 35mins is sufficient while others say up to 6 days a week at an hour? Some say Liss and some say hiit

Is there a "rule of thumb"? so to say or does it depend on body type? This is also assuming diet is in check.

DanTheManB
11-19-2009, 05:15 PM
as little as possible

co1e_train
11-19-2009, 05:54 PM
as little as possible

Please elaborate.

brademan76
11-19-2009, 06:00 PM
I did close to zero and was happy with my conditioning.
<<<<

anti-steroids
11-19-2009, 06:19 PM
highly individual IMO Some may need more cardio [more than once or twice a week] while others can "get away" with far less now as for whats optimal Per individuAL
again [speaking of type of]....

HITT IS KING IMO BUT LISS DOES HAVE ITS PLACE[You should do both though]

NoelFuller
11-19-2009, 07:17 PM
as little as possible

Absolutly correct, its diminishing returns with cardio , burns off too much muscle, eat less save time off cardio

Sporto1633
11-19-2009, 08:42 PM
I agree that one should do as little as possible that they can get away with - excessive cardio, along with a rate of weight/fat loss that is too fast and/or training program that doesn't incorporate heavy work, will all lead to burning too much muscle. Cardio in and of itself doesn't burn muscle any more or less than, say doing all high rep training and dropping weight/fat too fast. It's entirely about the balance of the diet, training, cardio, supplementation, etc. Also, keep in mind that there are aerobic pathways through cardio that can be utilized to maximize results that you simply can't get through anaerobic weight training...

Sporto

Barn01
11-19-2009, 09:28 PM
as little as possible

^^^ +1

I didn't do anything more than go for a walk outside once in a while.