PDA

View Full Version : Help with Cramps!

leave_nothing
09-19-2009, 07:53 AM
This year in football I have been getting a lot of cramps in both of my legs, particualary, the calves. I've been hydrating frequently, i eat tons of bannana's, i've increased my salt intake, and nothing seems to work. I stretch out really good before the game and it always hits me after halftime. I never had this problem last year and i've been doing tons of stuff this year to prevent it. So, i don't know what to do. My diet is pretty clean and healthy. Anyone else get really bad cramps and what do you do to prevent them? Any other help would be appreciated too. Thanks.

Brandon

TheHitStick
09-19-2009, 08:07 AM
why increase salt intake, that just dehydrates you more.

jdw96035
09-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Try using Hyland's leg cramps. You should be able to get it at just about any pharmacy.
Also drink more oj it has alot more potassium than banana's and believe it or not drink a little pickle juice it will help also. One more place to check but the stuff is expensive

sportlegs dot com/about/welcome.asp

I have not tried it yet but have been thinking I might.

jdw96035

leave_nothing
09-19-2009, 08:49 AM
why increase salt intake, that just dehydrates you more.

I asked our athletic trainer and she said that I should increase my salt intake a little. I thought the same thing, but i looked it up through google and it said the same thing.

Iceman1800
09-19-2009, 08:56 AM
taurine, 3-4 grams a day. you can find it at any vitamin store.