PDA

View Full Version : Leg day!

slatedogg187
07-22-2009, 01:21 AM
I dont know about ya'll but I hate leg day. Carrying around all those plates every where, having my ipod fall outta my pocket everytime I'm on the leg press.. To trainers out there, my gym right now is open monday-thursday so my workouts have been on a rotation like so

monday: chest
tuesday: back
wednesday: legs
thursday: shoulders/traps

next monday: arms
tuesday: chest
etc

Would combining a small muscle group like shoulders or arms with leg day inhibit my maximum gain potential for either or both muscle groups by having to share the amount of blood that is in that muscle?

acidking
07-22-2009, 01:26 AM
today my leg day ... i hate it too but i get motivated when thinking legs have big muscles thus they'll help burning a lot of calories

Mr.ILL
07-22-2009, 06:32 AM
having my ipod fall outta my pocket everytime I'm on the leg press..

Squat.

v4nity
07-22-2009, 06:59 AM
im not a trainer, but,
why not train bis with back and tris with chest or something along those lines, do a 4 day split..

just a suggestion

signature166
07-22-2009, 07:25 AM
having my ipod fall outta my pocket everytime I'm on the leg press..

Perhaps an armband (http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/armbands)will help with that?

Mr_Kinney
07-22-2009, 09:10 AM
So it's leg day. And you dont like it.

Why post that here in PTville instead of the motivation section where it probably should have been posted?

slatedogg187
07-22-2009, 12:11 PM
So it's leg day. And you dont like it.

Why post that here in PTville instead of the motivation section where it probably should have been posted?

because the question is directed towards trainers. Will lifting another muscle group with legs hinder maximum potential because the amount of blood going to that muscle is shared when working 2 different muscle groups?

linebacker50
07-22-2009, 12:13 PM
I dont know about ya'll but I hate leg day. Carrying around all those plates every where, having my ipod fall outta my pocket everytime I'm on the leg press.. To trainers out there, my gym right now is open monday-thursday so my workouts have been on a rotation like so

monday: chest
tuesday: back
wednesday: legs
thursday: shoulders/traps

next monday: arms
tuesday: chest
etc

Would combining a small muscle group like shoulders or arms with leg day inhibit my maximum gain potential for either or both muscle groups by having to share the amount of blood that is in that muscle?

There is no harm in combining smaller muscle groups with legs on leg day. Instead of doing that, however, i would suggest leaving leg day alone if you only have 1 leg day per week. you should kill you legs on that day. then i would combing agonist and antagonist muscle groups on your other days. for example:
Monday:Heavy chest, Back
Tuesday:Legs
Wednesday:Tris, Biceps
Thursday:Shoulders, Traps

BC02
07-22-2009, 12:44 PM
there is no harm in combining smaller muscle groups with legs on leg day. Instead of doing that, however, i would suggest leaving leg day alone if you only have 1 leg day per week. You should kill you legs on that day. Then i would combing agonist and antagonist muscle groups on your other days. For example:
Monday:heavy chest, back
tuesday:legs
wednesday:tris, biceps
thursday:shoulders, traps
if you work legs intensely (like you should) you wont have any energy to work anything else with legs

Tina7578
07-22-2009, 01:46 PM
because the question is directed towards trainers. Will lifting another muscle group with legs hinder maximum potential because the amount of blood going to that muscle is shared when working 2 different muscle groups?

My first question would be is are you working your legs to their full potential anyways? Even without involving other body parts, since you "hate" leg day, you're probably not putting your best foot forward (haha) anyways, in which case, does it really matter if you do other muscle groups?

Blood supply to your muscle groups isn't really the issue, you've got lots of blood circulating throughout your body, it's not going to be spared to your legs if you work other muscle groups, so there's no harm done when it comes to blood if you work multiple areas on leg days. The issue is more fatigue, and I'd say if you're trying to belt out a good, intense leg routine, then leave legs to their own day.

I'd suggest since you dislike them so much you do them earlier in your week and leave the workouts you DO enjoy to the end so you have something to look forward to.

I personally LOVE leg day, it's my favorite, so I do a leg routine twice a week. Nothing feels better to me than the good pump that a great leg workout provides. For me, once a week is JUST legs, the second day I throw-in low-back and glutes and a little core, can't say I've noticed any problem with my leg development by combining other groups with it.

askthetrainer
07-22-2009, 02:17 PM
today my leg day ... i hate it too but i get motivated when thinking legs have big muscles thus they'll help burning a lot of calories

Want a quick, fun and effective leg workout?????????

Try the following for a change

If you really want to rape your legs try a German volume training day with leg press only (squats would make you cry, puke or possibly die), the most insane pump you'll ever get in your legs.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis13.htm

DON'T CHEAT!

Diablomeister
07-22-2009, 02:58 PM

if you hate something dont do it, i personally look forward to every day i get to step into my gym and do what i love.

JulianBee
07-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Want a quick, fun and effective leg workout?????????

Try the following for a change

If you really want to rape your legs try a German volume training day with leg press only (squats would make you cry, puke or possibly die), the most insane pump you'll ever get in your legs.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis13.htm

DON'T CHEAT!

I did that with full squats....once a week for a month....puked every workout

Simmo0508
07-22-2009, 07:02 PM
if you work legs intensely (like you should) you wont have any energy to work anything else with legs

This ^

I can never understand people who wanna put another muscle group on leg day. I know personally i can hardly lift my water bottle after finishing legs, let alone bother to start training another muscle with the exact same intensity.

By the way, that split you have is kinda wonky. You got arms day right before chest the next day. Suicide my friend, suicide.

bodykitboyz
07-22-2009, 07:50 PM
I wouldnt rotate, Any more then 7 days away may decrease or keep you at the same Strength for each muscle group.

monday-Chest,abs
tuesday-Legs,bis
Wednesday-shoulders,
thursday-triceps,back

Your triceps get a good work out with chest so take a day off in between your chest and triceps. Same goes with Back and Biceps. Spead them out from each other at least 1 day off in between. You will be very happy with your results.

This ^

I can never understand people who wanna put another muscle group on leg day. I know personally i can hardly lift my water bottle after finishing legs, let alone bother to start training another muscle with the exact same intensity.

By the way, that split you have is kinda wonky. You got arms day right before chest the next day. Suicide my friend, suicide.