PDA

View Full Version : This $hit is way to close to home :(

Magnum Joe
07-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Link and story below. First of all I want to say that this **** not only happened in my subdivision, it happened at the party I attended. This party happens to be one of my best friend's house who lives about 4 houses down from me (he lives on a pond along with about 25 other houses). Every house on the pond throws their own parties and it is a great time for everyone! My friend Jeff (lives on the lake) invited his friends over. One of his friends Rob brought over about 10 of his own friends. After Rob's friends who were uninvited by Jeff were drunk and belligerent, one of the kids Josh proceeded to hit on Jeff's girlfriend. Jeff then kicked all the kids he didn't know out of his house (all of Rob's friends). Rob told his friends to figure their own **** out and didn't want to hang out with the kids he brought. Somewhere in the mix (now around 2a.m.) this Josh kid ends up missing. 4 days later, he floats to the top of the pond where some little girl sees him.
Although the kid was suicidal and an alcoholic (23 years old.. report was wrong), I still find it ironic that they found him with all of his clothes on INCLUDING his shoes. In my opinion he either commited suicide or was intentionally drowned... because I see no way someone tried to go for a swim with ALL OF THEIR CLOTHES ON... including phone and wallet in pocket.

http://freep.com/article/20090709/NEWS04/90709055/1006/Shelby+Township+police+investigate+man+s+drowning

Shelby Township police are investigating the drowning of a Troy man whose body was found Wednesday in a lake at a Shelby Township subdivision.

The 23-year-old man, who police declined to identify by name this morning, was pulled from the lake about 7:30 p.m. by a resident who swam out after his 13-year-old daughter saw something floating in the water, Capt. Roland Woelkers said today.

He said the man?s aunt filed a missing person report Sunday, a day after the two attended a Fourth of July party at a home at the Shelby Royal Forest subdivision at 24 Mile and Schoenherr. The man and his aunt came together, but he was asked to leave the party after a fireworks display because he was causing a disturbance, Woelkers said.

The man and his aunt exchanged text messages, with him indicating that he was fine and was going to find a ride home. When the man didn?t show up Sunday morning, his aunt, who lives in Troy, filed the missing person report, Woelkers said.

He said an autopsy today by the Macomb County Medical Examiner?s Office indicated the man drowned and there were no signs of trauma or foul play. Authorities are awaiting toxicology results to determine if drugs or alcohol were involved, Woelkers said.

He said no one saw the man go into the lake. Police are not sure if the man decided to swim or fell into the lake.

lambpasty
07-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Man that's ****ty, I agree with you it doesn't really sound like an accident unless he somehow tripped and got knocked out.

Or he was really that drunk that he did in fact attempt to swim with all his clothes on, it's hard to judge the logic of someones actions when there's drinking involved.

~~Aries~~
07-09-2009, 12:06 PM
People can do stupid things when really drunk. I believe he could have tried to go for a swim and drowned. A guy here in my town was so drunk he fell asleep on the train tracks. He lost his legs but lived.

Magnum Joe
07-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Man that's ****ty, I agree with you it doesn't really sound like an accident unless he somehow tripped and got knocked out. Or he was really that drunk that he did in fact attempt to swim with all his clothes on, I doubt it but it's hard to judge the logic of someones actions when there's drinking involved.

Well the only reason he could have went for a swim was because there is a floating dock in the middle of the pond that people bolted down a beer pong table too / velcroed liquor bottles to. All day there was the same kids on that dock drinking it up and they were out there till like 4 a.m. so it's possible he heard them and wanted to go drink with them, but either way, I don't see anyone being drunk enough to go swim to a dock 50 yards out in the middle of a pond with everything including your shoes on and your phone in pocket.

_J-BONE_
07-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Well the only reason he could have went for a swim was because there is a floating dock in the middle of the pond that people bolted down a beer pong table too / velcroed liquor bottles to. All day there was the same kids on that dock drinking it up and they were out there till like 4 a.m. so it's possible he heard them and wanted to go drink with them, but either way, I don't see anyone being drunk enough to go swim to a dock 50 yards out in the middle of a pond with everything including your shoes on and your phone in pocket.

Again, you would be surprised what really drunk people do when they are pretty gone but don't realize it.

chasinSKURT
07-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Again, you would be surprised what really drunk people do when they are pretty gone but don't realize it.

Agreed. Someone from my area died a couple weeks ago after he got trashed, and drove his car into the erie canal.

Blitz n destroy
07-09-2009, 02:22 PM
I dated a girl that lived in at 24/schoenner. Weird/sad.

Magnum Joe
07-09-2009, 03:50 PM
I dated a girl that lived in at 24/schoenner. Weird/sad.

and you're from Minnesota? even more wierd!

do you know if she lived in Royal Forest?

SheWulf
07-09-2009, 06:18 PM
People can do stupid things when really drunk. I believe he could have tried to go for a swim and drowned. A guy here in my town was so drunk he fell asleep on the train tracks. He lost his legs but lived.

True on the first part. And a kid I know was so drunk he thought he could stop a train so he stood in front of it (like superman or whoever the f*ck did that)

Savageous
07-09-2009, 06:41 PM
True on the first part. And a kid I know was so drunk he thought he could stop a train so he stood in front of it (like superman or whoever the f*ck did that)

Terrible tale on the first part. On the second part... I'm pretty sure it was Aquaman. Yes. Dead certain.

Stooks
07-09-2009, 07:33 PM
wow that's some messed up stuff.

shelby's like 30 mins away from me

mannnnnnn
07-09-2009, 09:38 PM
man i aggree i just made this accountt cause i wanted to respond to you haha butt i am likee best friends wit the girl that found the body and like all my friends live in that sub I go to shelbyy and this is really sad that someone died "suspicisally" in a lakkee in yer sub.

Magnum Joe
07-09-2009, 09:41 PM

Alcohol... the cause for so much dumb decision, pain, and sorrow.

wow that's some messed up stuff.

shelby's like 30 mins away from me

Ya, this stuff's like my backyard man.

man i aggree i just made this accountt cause i wanted to respond to you haha butt i am likee best friends wit the girl that found the body and like all my friends live in that sub I go to shelbyy and this is really sad that someone died "suspicisally" in a lakkee in yer sub.

The girl who found the guy was 13 years old... so I'm guessing your not 19 like your account says or else....

~~Aries~~
07-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Alcohol... the cause for so much dumb decision, pain, and sorrow.

Ya, this stuff's like my backyard man.

The girl who found the guy was 13 years old... so I'm guessing your not 19 like your account says or else....
He sure can't spell though.

Magnum Joe
07-09-2009, 10:09 PM
He sure can't spell though.

Nah, now that I reread it he says "I got to Shelby" which is a junior high (Shelby Junior High) so it's very possible he's around the age group of 13-15 years old. And if he's good friends with the girl, it's very possible he's closer to 13 years old.