PDA

View Full Version : Over Motivated...

Cracksolja
06-18-2009, 08:36 AM
I feel over motivated which I know isnt good, I should be doing 45 - 60 min in the gym, but the past 2 weeks all I can think about is staying !

last night I was there solid for 3 hours 15 minutes

the night before 2hrs 45 minutes

IVE EVEN BEGAN GOING ON A SUNDAY, and I had been out on the drink the night before got in at 4am got up at 11AM in the gym by 12:30 midday

I know this is bad I was like this last year then I lost interest and ive built it over the top again!

I dont want to exhaust my body again like I did in February but I just love being in the gym...

Needed to get that out see if anyone else is like me - its just me an my mate at the moment

jobber4eva
06-18-2009, 08:52 AM
don't burn yourself out. A lot of injuries occur as a result of over doing it. It is a good thing to be motivated but try to controll yourself so that you don't hurt yourelf or burn out. Wish you the best

Cracksolja
06-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks man yeh I no Ive burnt myself out before and got ill but i just cant force myself to leave I feel like an idiot but its like an addiction i had the same convo with a guy in the gym who spends the same amount of time as me, basically said if he didnt work he would spend all day in there I felt the same!

its crazy!

don't burn yourself out. A lot of injuries occur as a result of over doing it. It is a good thing to be motivated but try to controll yourself so that you don't hurt yourelf or burn out. Wish you the best

BluesunsXIV
06-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks man yeh I no Ive burnt myself out before and got ill but i just cant force myself to leave I feel like an idiot but its like an addiction i had the same convo with a guy in the gym who spends the same amount of time as me, basically said if he didnt work he would spend all day in there I felt the same!

its crazy!

I know exactly how that is starting to feel, with every passing day i get closer and closer to the 2 hour mark, and im getting to 6 days a week too...not as bad as u i guess, but im new to lifting so who knows lol...wish u luck

RideOn12
06-18-2009, 01:34 PM
I would say if you're that motivated and you can handle working out for 3 hours (which is nuts btw :) lol), just work a lot harder for that first hour or so, so you don't have that energy to go longer

Cracksolja
06-19-2009, 03:11 AM
I think its because ive managed to man-myself up and go back to lifting heavy it all feels exciting again, I mean i did the same last night I lift heavy and always complete my 5 sets of 12 per excercise but I dont seem to burn out as i make sure i complete the excercise, not sure what it is !

but i feel tired today so im taking a break and back to it tomorrow - i think its also to do with the fact once I do my cardio first (although advise not to as supposedly takes strength out of you) I feel energised refreshed and can still lift as much!

but oh well least im not slacking like I had been a few months back :D

Tom2014
01-26-2014, 03:01 PM
Bodybuilding is a great sport.