PDA

View Full Version : LENNOX LEWIS. Conditioning program

david1112
06-08-2009, 06:55 AM
I keep reading in various articles that Lennox's power and conditioning program is legendary but i cant seem to find any info on it.

I realise he probably wanted to keep his training methods to himself while he was fighting but surely someone has leaked something online or in a book??

Anybody heard anything or has any links to some info?

2much2gain
06-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Unless you're wanting to become a boxer and extremely genetically gifted I wouldnt recommend it.. Worldclass heavyweight boxers are freaks of nature and their routines would only work for a very small percentage of people. I remember reading Mike Tysons workout somewhere and it was ridiculous things like 4x30 dips.

afb0032
06-08-2009, 05:43 PM
There is a book by Gary Todd called Workouts from boxing's greatest champs, although lennox lewis isn't in it, it does have Ali, Jones Jr., Hatton, Vargas, Norris, Pryor, and a bunch of others; it's only $15 but a fantastic reference

david1112
06-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Yes i boxed when i was a young guy and am wanting to go back to it. I'm 6'6 and about 105kgs but not nearly as fit or strong as i should be. update..... just ordered that book. will let u know how good it is!

LifestyleFlashy
06-08-2009, 11:54 PM
There is a book by Gary Todd called Workouts from boxing's greatest champs, although lennox lewis isn't in it, it does have Ali, Jones Jr., Hatton, Vargas, Norris, Pryor, and a bunch of others; it's only $15 but a fantastic reference
This is a very good book, ive ready through it dozen times and some of the workouts are very different but great

llemmasc
06-27-2012, 07:12 AM
Watched Lennox train in London once and he did four circuits of squat, bench press, bench row and clean and press at 25 reps each. He used 220lbs on squat and bench press and 135lbs on bench row and clean and press.