PDA

View Full Version : Help my fiancee lose the baby fat please ladies!! lol

83mustanggt
06-04-2009, 11:50 AM
so my fiancee had our baby 3 weeks ago and would like to start losing the baby weight and would like to get back into the size 7 pants she wore before or smaller. i would very much appreciate any tips or help from you experienced ladies. the reason i came here is because i have no idea how to help a female lose weight. thank you!!

ms_proteinshake
06-04-2009, 12:01 PM
First things first, is she breastfeeding? And did she have a c/section?

83mustanggt
06-04-2009, 12:23 PM
First things first, is she breastfeeding? And did she have a c/section?

she was breastfeeding but has stopped since the baby wouldnt take to her breast. and no she did not have a c-section. i will have her make a bodyspace so she can talk to you and get correct information, she was asking me questions regarding her weight (how to lose it and get slimmer ) and i dk how girls lose weight compared to guys and im sure you will point her in the right direction.

83mustanggt
06-04-2009, 12:48 PM
btw she is 5'2 and 155lbs

ms_proteinshake
06-04-2009, 12:50 PM
I have a 10 month old, so based on my experience...

I gained 30lbs during pregnancy and lost about 15 lbs immediately. Another 5 came off in a month or so---so I was left with just over 10lbs to actually lose. I personally didn't feel I couldn't go back to exercising full force as quickly as 1 month after. At this point, I would recommend she starts walking for exercise. Take the baby in the stroller and go for a hour long walk.

Diet is the most important though---lean meat, some fruit, tons of veggies, couple servings a day of healthy fat. 5-6 meals a day. Serving of protein (4oz) at every meal. Healthy carbs the first few meals, last meals of the day being mostly protein and veggies. I'm not a big calorie counter so not sure what to recommend that way. But first things first, she's a new mom and should focus on just eating healthy, drinking lots of water and getting rest. If she does this, I'm sure the weight will come off in no time.

Then when she feels ready, incorporating more cardio (3-4 times a week) combined with weight training 3-4 days.

83mustanggt
06-04-2009, 12:59 PM
I have a 10 month old, so based on my experience...

I gained 30lbs during pregnancy and lost about 15 lbs immediately. Another 5 came off in a month or so---so I was left with just over 10lbs to actually lose. I personally didn't feel I couldn't go back to exercising full force as quickly as 1 month after. At this point, I would recommend she starts walking for exercise. Take the baby in the stroller and go for a hour long walk.

Diet is the most important though---lean meat, some fruit, tons of veggies, couple servings a day of healthy fat. 5-6 meals a day. Serving of protein (4oz) at every meal. Healthy carbs the first few meals, last meals of the day being mostly protein and veggies. I'm not a big calorie counter so not sure what to recommend that way. But first things first, she's a new mom and should focus on just eating healthy, drinking lots of water and getting rest. If she does this, I'm sure the weight will come off in no time.

Then when she feels ready, incorporating more cardio (3-4 times a week) combined with weight training 3-4 days.

thats the other problem she is a picky eater she really doesnt like any vegetables and only likes a few fruits...she started doing cardio today she ran for like 30 minutes on a treadmill... btw she didnt exercise prior to being prego so this is all new to her

ms_proteinshake
06-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Well to be honest, she will have a hard time losing weight if all she eats is processed food!

If she feels good---cardio 3 times a week, as well as a full body weight routine should be fine. A circuit type workout would be great as she can do weights and get her heart rate up too. If she's a beginner, lighter weights with more reps would be ideal at first.

83mustanggt
06-04-2009, 01:51 PM
okay ill have her start a profile on here and post here later so she can ask you any questions she has, thank you very much