PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition help PLEASE!!

caouto6
05-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Hey Ladies I just need help getting on a good meal plan for weight loss I am currently on WW I weigh 183 and 5'7.I work out 5days a week and very motivated I just can't get the nutrition part right.Also is it necessary to take supplements to see changes in the body? someone please HELP,I don't want to count macros or points or any of that just what should I be eating to drop 30 lbs?

ozigal
05-22-2009, 06:10 PM
well you need to know how many calories you're eating in order to reach goals, that's the bottom line. Read the stickies and if you're still confused then people can help you.

I don't mean to sound harsh but there are just too many of these posts going up when it's not hard to try and find info on this website...

On another note here are some ideas of what foods to eat:

protein- fish, beef, eggs, chicken, turkey, whey, etc...
carbs- wholegrain bread & pasta, brown rice, oatmeal/oats, fruit, fibrous veggies e.g. broccoli, beans, baby spinach, etc...
fats- nuts, flax/fish/olive oil, avocado, sunflower seeds, oily fish, egg yolks, etc...

Valjean
05-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Sorry about a guy being in here, i just saw the thread on the front page.

In the end it's all about the calories, and it's all about cutting out or substituting certain things.

For instance:
Instead of mashed potatoes, steam and mash cauliflower and put olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic on it. Saves you about 150 calories per ounce
Instead of spaghetti, try spaghetti squash or the miracle zero calorie shiritaki noodle

My best tip is to up your fiber. Insoluble fiber, found mainly in grains, does not digest in the body, and therefore does not count as calories, so a bowl of Kashi GoLean cereal doesn't actually have 140 calories per bowl, only 90.

Go to a health store and buy some crude wheat or corn bran, then just top things like cereal with it. Both of them are over 75% fiber by weight.

Raedar
05-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Hey Ladies I just need help getting on a good meal plan for weight loss I am currently on WW I weigh 183 and 5'7.I work out 5days a week and very motivated I just can't get the nutrition part right.Also is it necessary to take supplements to see changes in the body? someone please HELP,<b>I don't want to count macros or points or any of that</b> just what should I be eating to drop 30 lbs?

You need to be aware of what you're taking in every day, and it requires you to go that extra mile, even if it's a pain in the ass. Once you get a little experience in gauging intake, you can stop, but for the time being, it's quite necessary. I suggest a website like mydailyplate.com or fitday.com, which allows you to run searches on food and record what you're eating. It can be somewhat shocking to someone who is just starting out to discover just how many calories you may (or may not) be eating

That being said, I agree with some of the other posts that suggest reading the newbie stickies . . . they're loaded with good info.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=84088
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=290201

Here are two good ones to start with.

That being said, what sort of exercise are you doing? And what's a typical day for you food-wise?