PDA

View Full Version : stretching...when does it become easier?

majorchamp
05-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I consider myself fairly flexible...but I am trying to get myself more in the habit of stretching everyday...especially my back, calves, and legs.

I do a series of stretches during the day and at night such as

- standing toe touches, try to go as deep (and safe) as possible pushing hands on floor
- standing on one leg as I pull my foot to my butt, then arch my back to really stretch the top of my thigh
- put my foot up against a wall so my heel is on the ground and toes are up on the wall, then lean forward really stretching my hamstring
- do butterfly's on the floor, often holding my feet together and using my elbows to push my knees closer to the floor...this works my inner thighs/groin
- toe touches on the floor, work on getting my hands as far past my feet as possible, while bringing my chest to my knees. This one burns quite a bit.
- try to bring my face to touch my knees, often while holding the bottom of my heels
- still sitting, bring one foot toward groin, and then stretch toward extended leg, again trying to bring face toward knee

All these feels great while doing them and I definitely and more flexible afterwards...but I have been doing this every night for about 7 days and feel like I kind of start from square 1 every day...I mean granted its a little easier each day to perform the stretch, but the amount of tightness, burn, etc...I have to experience feels equal each day.

Is this normal? How long does it take to where I am doing these stretches with ease?

Thanks

casticonstantinescu
05-08-2009, 12:44 PM
I consider myself fairly flexible...but I am trying to get myself more in the habit of stretching everyday...especially my back, calves, and legs.

I do a series of stretches during the day and at night such as

- standing toe touches, try to go as deep (and safe) as possible pushing hands on floor
- standing on one leg as I pull my foot to my butt, then arch my back to really stretch the top of my thigh
- put my foot up against a wall so my heel is on the ground and toes are up on the wall, then lean forward really stretching my hamstring
- do butterfly's on the floor, often holding my feet together and using my elbows to push my knees closer to the floor...this works my inner thighs/groin
- toe touches on the floor, work on getting my hands as far past my feet as possible, while bringing my chest to my knees. This one burns quite a bit.
- try to bring my face to touch my knees, often while holding the bottom of my heels
- still sitting, bring one foot toward groin, and then stretch toward extended leg, again trying to bring face toward knee

All these feels great while doing them and I definitely and more flexible afterwards...but I have been doing this every night for about 7 days and feel like I kind of start from square 1 every day...I mean granted its a little easier each day to perform the stretch, but the amount of tightness, burn, etc...I have to experience feels equal each day.

Is this normal? How long does it take to where I am doing these stretches with ease?

Thanks

You'll start seeing results when you stop thinking about it and realize a few more weeks have gone by.

tmac4919
05-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Certainly a hell of a lot longer than 7 days.

dopamine72
05-08-2009, 01:17 PM
I like stretching also, I need to do more of it. Just give it time and it will get easier. Stretching and some yoga helps me relax and go to sleep at night, I highly recommend it for anyone that has trouble sleeping. Just keep at it man.

majorchamp
05-08-2009, 01:41 PM
cool...will keep doing what I am doing.

thx

theapexxxx
05-08-2009, 02:02 PM
I like stretching also, I need to do more of it. Just give it time and it will get easier. Stretching and some yoga helps me relax and go to sleep at night, I highly recommend it for anyone that has trouble sleeping. Just keep at it man.

Will it stop me from snoring??? My snoring wakes up my girlfriend who then wakes me up.
So Sleeping gets difficult sometimes lol