PDA

View Full Version : Testosterone therapy at 40

BobMcnally
05-01-2009, 05:20 PM
If this is THE wrong place to ask this I am sincerely sorry.

The little misses drug me into the doc's office a couple of weeks ago kicking and screaming. The blood work showed my testosterone level at "sub 200."

I have been prescribed a 200mg testosterone injection weekly with a Glukor injection as well. What kind of results can I expect from this? Four days in and I'm already feeling better.

I'm a military guy and have a decent fitness level. I quit weight training about a year ago (and have now restarted) due to the fact that without using a PH I would train until overuse injuries set in with little to no results. When I did do a couple of PH cycles the results were "as advertised" but fell off dramatically once the cycle was complete. I did not use any type of "post therapy" supplement.

Body wise, I'm 5' 11" and 195 pounds. With the right lighting conditions you can almost see an ab or two through the belly fat ...if you squint.

Anyway, I'm trying not to get too excited about what the therapy might do, but I still get all giggly and excited thinking about it. Any thoughts on what I can expect with the boost?

Again I apologize if this is the wrong place.

Bob

powerman2000
05-01-2009, 05:31 PM
I have to say I'm surprised that your doctor started you off at 200mg/wk. That is a lot. You should feel great. Which testosterone will you be using? I'm also surprised to hear that after only 4 days from your first shot and you're feeling better. 2 weeks is a more typical time frame before results start being felt. The release of testosterone into your system is very gradual.

BobMcnally
05-01-2009, 05:43 PM
I have to say I'm surprised that your doctor started you off at 200mg/wk. That is a lot. You should feel great. Which testosterone will you be using? I'm also surprised to hear that after only 4 days from your first shot and you're feeling better. 2 weeks is a more typical time frame before results start being felt. The release of testosterone into your system is very gradual.

Its Testosterone Cypionate (IM Oil.) The PA briefing me up on my "condition" said my level was low enough that it may take as long as 3 weeks (injections) before I felt much improvement. The feeling better already part is probably in my head, just knowing that things are going to improve making things improve.

Bob

powerman2000
05-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Its Testosterone Cypionate (IM Oil.) The PA briefing me up on my "condition" said my level was low enough that it may take as long as 3 weeks (injections) before I felt much improvement. The feeling better already part is probably in my head, just knowing that things are going to improve making things improve.

Bob
Most doctors will start guys out at 200mg every 2-3 weeks.

Arlecchino
05-01-2009, 05:57 PM
HRT forum for this.