PDA

View Full Version : Hip Pain

Logtrog
04-28-2009, 05:10 AM
Any idea why my back part of my hip ( above my butt and below my lower back ) hurts after i'm done running? Sometimes after squating, too. I do stretch a little before i do both so i don't think that's it... It's nothing too bad but makes me walk funny afterwards, and hurts for the rest of the night.

QuadR
04-28-2009, 05:48 AM
Any idea why my back part of my hip ( above my butt and below my lower back ) hurts after i'm done running? Sometimes after squating, too. I do stretch a little before i do both so i don't think that's it... It's nothing too bad but makes me walk funny afterwards, and hurts for the rest of the night.

Muscle Spasm sounds like the culprit. Stretching, Heat and additional warm-ups may help in subsiding the pain. I take ibuprofen on occasions.

IamJonsCranium
04-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Your hip could be out of place. I threw mine out running cross country because my right leg is longer than the left. that sounds like your sacroillac joint may be out.

http://www.shoulderdystociainfo.com/images/anatomy-pelvis_434.jpg

If that's it, you need to go to a chiropactor to get it adjusted, then do exercises to keep it strong. Deadlift is great for it. Workout lower back, glutes and hams.

paul0616
04-28-2009, 08:38 PM
I guess its possible for a ligament to tighten, and cause irritation.