PDA

View Full Version : mma related tattoo

teamventure09
04-26-2009, 05:20 PM
alright i got a tattoo idea. getting jui-jitsu on my arm would be too obvious so how bout luta livre? what do you guys think? good idea? no gi submission grappling. esportiva and vale tudo are the two types of luta livre.

King Baer
04-26-2009, 05:35 PM
alright i got a tattoo idea. getting jui-jitsu on my arm would be too obvious so how bout luta livre? what do you guys think? good idea? no gi submission grappling. esportiva and vale tudo are the two types of luta livre.

On the inside of my elbow pit I have a bear trap with the words "Arte Suave" written in script above it.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/kingbaer/Arte-suave2.jpg

Told myself I would get my BJJ tattoo after I got my purple.. so when I did, I did :)

Yes, it hurt like a bitch in that area.

craigers2007
04-26-2009, 05:43 PM
On the inside of my elbow pit I have a bear trap with the words "Arte Suave" written in script above it.

Told myself I would get my BJJ tattoo after I got my purple.. so when I did, I did :)

1) what's "arte suave" mean?
2)... i enjoy the fact that when you close your arm... it closes the trap =)

MUFC
04-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Arte Suave is "Gentle Art" in Portugease and "Smooth Art" in Spanish

craigers2007
04-26-2009, 05:49 PM

And thus... Jiu-Jitsu. Ahhhhh....Gotcha. Rep'd.

Junkie2
04-26-2009, 05:54 PM

you butchered the spelling of my origin....

Portuguese

MUFC
04-26-2009, 05:58 PM

Portuguese

I have never, ever spelled that word correctly in my life.

I don't think i ever will

teamventure09
04-26-2009, 06:14 PM
how come 60% of you think it's a bad idea to get luta livre? all it is is sub grappling or no holds barred.

teamventure09
04-26-2009, 06:15 PM

sweet!!

DangerDan
04-26-2009, 07:07 PM
how come 60% of you think it's a bad idea to get luta livre? all it is is sub grappling or no holds barred.

I'd like to know this as well...

Croaker
04-26-2009, 07:09 PM
I already have enough writing on my body, so I was thinking of getting some sort of chess piece on my body to represent BJJ.

TexAss
04-26-2009, 07:10 PM

Ditch sucks balls.

I've heard knee pits are bad as well.

My worst so far has been ribs.

Croaker
04-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Ditch sucks balls.

I've heard knee pits are bad as well.

My worst so far has been ribs.

My ribs/sternum hurt the same, but the fleshy area near the arm pit has been the worse so far.

padrote
04-26-2009, 08:54 PM

nice idea, bad execution. it's like the artist has no concept of perspective.

Croaker
04-26-2009, 09:05 PM

You have one tattoo, of a yin-yang.

Where did you suddenly become an expert?

ajzoot
04-26-2009, 09:12 PM

I'd like to know this as well...

Because people are instantly going to think of mexican wrestlers in capes and silly masks doing backflips.

Now you say "THATS LUCHA LIBRE" and I either agree or bull**** on about that terrible jack black movie. Imagine this for every conversation about your tattoo forever.

teamventure09
04-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Because people are instantly going to think of mexican wrestlers in capes and silly masks doing backflips.

Now you say "THATS LUCHA LIBRE" and I either agree or bull**** on about that terrible jack black movie. Imagine this for every conversation about your tattoo forever.

OH ****!! i didn't think about that. the only thing i thought about so far was people would think it's spanish when it's portugues but like nacho libre and ****. that makes me want to reconsider.

MenTaLPiRacY
04-26-2009, 09:49 PM
This is the only tatoo u will ever need..
http://fedor.bel.ru/pics/news/KAiquQ

teamventure09
04-26-2009, 09:56 PM
well **** i already payed a deposit so i might get a tattoo of something else. what about vale tudo with possibly a pitbull head?

DangerDan
04-26-2009, 10:03 PM
well **** i already payed a deposit so i might get a tattoo of something else. what about vale tudo with possibly a pitbull head?
pitbulls have jack**** to do with mma. Maybe if that's your nickname it's cool, but if that's your nickname then you suck cause that's like 100 other fighters nicknames as well.

Croaker
04-26-2009, 10:05 PM

Your deposit is like $50.. Just scrap it.

Kane Fan
04-26-2009, 10:07 PM

Portuguese

I've known butchers
adding an a dosn't qualify

Kane Fan
04-26-2009, 10:10 PM
I saw a girl with a TapOut tattoo on her lower back
it was, odd

teamventure09
04-26-2009, 10:20 PM
pitbulls have jack**** to do with mma. Maybe if that's your nickname it's cool, but if that's your nickname then you suck cause that's like 100 other fighters nicknames as well.

actually a pitbull has been symbolic for jui-jitsu for a long time. i even know of jui-jitsu schools that have pitbull heads in their logos. it's the idea that a pibull takes you down and goes for a hold on your throat just like in jui-jitsu.

here's one that comes to mind on a t-shirt: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=31565162&albumID=334863&imageID=4928303

L.L.
04-27-2009, 08:45 AM
yeah but even a 9yo can choke a pitbull so go for the lion !

craigers2007
04-27-2009, 08:57 AM
yeah but even a 9yo can choke a pitbull so go for the lion !

...I sincerely doubt that...

anywho...I would get a tattoo of a pitbull... but that would be for the simple fact that I have a pitbull. lol.

craigers2007
04-27-2009, 08:59 AM
actually a pitbull has been symbolic for jui-jitsu for a long time. fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=31565162&albumID=334863&imageID=4928303[/url]

Source pwrease.

Clark_Kent
04-27-2009, 09:05 AM
...I sincerely doubt that...

anywho...I would get a tattoo of a pitbull... but that would be for the simple fact that I have a pitbull. lol.

http://www.matratz.com/2009/01/05/9-year-old-boy-uses-jiu-jitsu-on-a-pit-bull-to-save-a-young-girl-and-her-dog/

craigers2007
04-27-2009, 09:18 AM
http://www.matratz.com/2009/01/05/9-year-old-boy-uses-jiu-jitsu-on-a-pit-bull-to-save-a-young-girl-and-her-dog/

*Aware'd....Opens mouth, inserts both feet*

Wouldn't have happened to my dog though. Her RNC defense is second to none... And I always keep her lathered in grease, ain't nobody securing their hooks in..... lol

Clark_Kent
04-27-2009, 09:19 AM
The grease is key.

Kane Fan
04-27-2009, 09:33 AM
*Aware'd....Opens mouth, inserts both feet*

Wouldn't have happened to my dog though. Her RNC defense is second to none... And I always keep her lathered in grease, ain't nobody securing their hooks in..... lol

dosnt that make it difficult to pet her?

if you don't want to lose the deposit you could consider a tattoo that isn't MMA specific

teamventure09
04-27-2009, 11:58 AM

actually my coach had to do the same thing to a pit he once owned. but they also had to shoot it.

teamventure09
04-27-2009, 12:01 PM
dosnt that make it difficult to pet her?

if you don't want to lose the deposit you could consider a tattoo that isn't MMA specific

yes but that is the only reason i wanted to get ink done in the first place. i already have about a grand of work on me and haven't got a tattoo in like 5 years, but i have since then got into jui-jitsu followed by mma and wanted to express that in ink.

Ajuice72
04-27-2009, 12:07 PM
At first thought this is a bad idea.

But then I look at how much time I invest in training and how hard I work and how it will always be in my life and how it has shaped who I am, and it seems like less of a bad idea.

But then I think of red necks and mohawks and just bleed and I go back to it's a bad idea.

Maybe something with your gym if your very close to your gym idk, plus where are you going to get it?

Just don't get like BJJ or MMA unless you want trouble every where you go or to be a tool

wannabepl47
04-27-2009, 12:18 PM
If you want the stigma of wearing a TapOut shirt wherever you go for the rest of your life sure.

Just like all tatoos obviously in most jobs not a very good idea, but having one that relates to violence in most peoples minds is an even worse idea.

If you were a pro fighter or ran a succesful gym it would be cool, but in your case mabye just get something small where it will rarely be seen.

teamventure09
04-27-2009, 12:53 PM
At first thought this is a bad idea.

But then I look at how much time I invest in training and how hard I work and how it will always be in my life and how it has shaped who I am, and it seems like less of a bad idea.

But then I think of red necks and mohawks and just bleed and I go back to it's a bad idea.

Maybe something with your gym if your very close to your gym idk, plus where are you going to get it?

Just don't get like BJJ or MMA unless you want trouble every where you go or to be a tool

oh definately not. i'm not going to out and get mma tattood on me. i was thinking of something in protugese like, vale tudo and possibly with a pitbull.

teamventure09
04-27-2009, 12:56 PM
If you want the stigma of wearing a TapOut shirt wherever you go for the rest of your life sure.

Just like all tatoos obviously in most jobs not a very good idea, but having one that relates to violence in most peoples minds is an even worse idea.

If you were a pro fighter or ran a succesful gym it would be cool, but in your case mabye just get something small where it will rarely be seen.

well first of all the kind of people that would associate it with something negative wouldn't know what the tat means in the first place unless they knew portugese, which is unlikely. and also i was thinking of getting it on my chest so in that case it wouldn't be seen very often.

anewleaf80
04-27-2009, 03:05 PM
nice

teamventure09
04-27-2009, 06:02 PM
ok my old jui-jitsu coach knows a lot of brazilians and is familiar with their language. he tells me there's a portugese expression for physical chess. if i can find out what that is i'll use it on my arm and get the pit on my chest. if anyone knows what the portugese expression for physical chess is please let me know.

King Baer
04-27-2009, 06:08 PM

Heh.. well I like it.

But seriously man, in the future, don't you think it's just a bad idea to tell somebody their tattoo sucks? Personally I don't mind, but no matter what, if a friend of mine gets a tattoo, I tell them I think it's awesome even if I don't.

**** is there permanently, forever, right? Might as well let people think it was a good idea in the first place.

MUFC
04-27-2009, 06:25 PM
All pieces of art are awesome in their own way, brahs.

craigers2007
04-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Heh.. well I like it.

But seriously man, in the future, don't you think it's just a bad idea to tell somebody their tattoo sucks? Personally I don't mind, but no matter what, if a friend of mine gets a tattoo, I tell them I think it's awesome even if I don't.

**** is there permanently, forever, right? Might as well let people think it was a good idea in the first place.

Nicely said. Totally agree.

(this coming from a guy w/ a squirrel on his arm.. lol)

padrote
04-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Heh.. well I like it.

I guess that's true, although everyone makes fun of my tattoo (rightfully so). Let's see what the trap looks like with your arm bent.

King Baer
04-27-2009, 08:05 PM
I guess that's true, although everyone makes fun of my tattoo (rightfully so). Let's see what the trap looks like with your arm bent.

My webcam is busted right now. But it would probably look like this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2377/2204284937_befe94e72c.jpg

Ideally, anyway :)

DangerDan
04-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Heh.. well I like it.

Yeah, he should show some conipasion.

But for real that bear trap idea is badass. Wish I thought of it. lulz.

King Baer
04-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah, he should show some conipasion.

But for real that bear trap idea is badass. Wish I thought of it. lulz.

Lulz like I said, I really don't care. Just saying that, tactfully speaking, it's prob not the best idea to point out shortcomings in somebody's tattoo :)

But yeah it could have been better. C'est la vie. I like it so that's all that counts. I'm not gonna get bent out of shape over an imperfect tat.

craigers2007
04-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Lulz like I said, I really don't care. Just saying that, tactfully speaking, it's prob not the best idea to point out shortcomings in somebody's tattoo :)

But yeah it could have been better. C'est la vie. I like it so that's all that counts. I'm not gonna get bent out of shape over an imperfect tat.

Indeed. However... There was one point in time where I absolutely had to point out a tat-fail.

Chick friend I worked with wanted to get the famale symbol as her first tat... The day after she comes in and shows it to me, and... it is very obviously NOT the fem-symbol, but rather the MALE one.

I simply told her to do me a favor and go home and google "female symbol" and compare to her fresh ink.
The next time I saw her, lolz were had.

Croaker
04-27-2009, 09:31 PM

Yeah, my best friend got a latin tattoo. He showed it to my mother (who is fluent in latin) and she told me that he had grossly misinterpreted the latin.

Long story short, still to this day I haven't told him. I just don't think it's worth it.

teamventure09
04-27-2009, 09:34 PM
grapple translates to segure. i could go with that.

Hunterchilla
04-27-2009, 09:36 PM
sorry brah's jiu jitsu tatoo's etc is kinda retarded.

its like "yo look at me, im a tough guy"

Unless your trying super hard to look intimidating or bad, tatoo's are absolutely retarded, and when an upper-class person see's one with a tatoo' he immeidately assumes TRASH. So dont get any tatoo's please. And if you get a tatoo, dont get "Jiu Jitsu 4 life" or "Tap Out!!" or some stupid **** like that.

DangerDan
04-27-2009, 10:19 PM

Yeah, my friend got one of those nautical stars, most unoriginal tat ever but I said it looked cool. In my head I was thinking "what a dumbass"

I'm wanting a tat but I need a reason for it. Also don't wanna get one just cause it's cool. That's what all my friends did and now they all have unoriginal tats.

ArmbarTapout
04-27-2009, 10:29 PM
come on guys, have some compasion.

Gomi
04-28-2009, 01:08 AM

Unless your trying super hard to look intimidating or bad, tatoo's are absolutely retarded, and when an upper-class person see's one with a tatoo' he immeidately assumes TRASH. So dont get any tatoo's please. And if you get a tatoo, dont get "Jiu Jitsu 4 life" or "Tap Out!!" or some stupid **** like that.

i agree

and the tribal tats also.....no comment. all i'll say is everyone wants to look like a bunch of clones, and that sh!t is for LIFE

itsyaboy
04-28-2009, 07:29 AM
i agree

and the tribal tats also.....no comment. all i'll say is everyone wants to look like a bunch of clones, and that sh!t is for LIFE

i have my whole upper body tattood from pec up and from wrist to wrist. none of it has anything to do with mma. i just happen to have tattoos and do bjj. as for "upper-class" people looking down on people with tattoos...to each his own. you can be a 90 pound hermaphrodyte that wears highheels.. but if you can throw down on the mat, in the ring, in the cage...then i could care less about how you look. you get my respect.

teamventure09
04-28-2009, 11:16 AM

wait a minute. unless you're trying to look hard it's retarded? i thought if you are trying to look hard then it's retarded. i'm not going to get any portuguese on me but i'm pretty set on the pitbull thing cause it signifies jui-jitsu without being all gay like saying jui-jitsu 4 life or tap out.

teamventure09
04-28-2009, 11:21 AM

oh and why would i care about what some upper class person thinks? most of them are retarded anyway and they think they are better then everyone because they were born into wealth. makes no sense to think you're perfect for something you didn't earn.

Kane Fan
04-28-2009, 02:37 PM
oh definately not. i'm not going to out and get mma tattood on me. i was thinking of something in protugese like, vale tudo and possibly with a pitbull.

I see that you really like the Pitbull, how about a Pitbull biting down on the word Vale Tudo so that the le and TU are being kind of sqiushed

also a Pitbull with Vale Tudo on his nametag on the collar would be somewhat cool

but probubly the Pitbull head biting the Vale Tudo is better

Kane Fan
04-28-2009, 02:42 PM
oh and why would i care about what some upper class person thinks? most of them are retarded anyway and they think they are better then everyone because they were born into wealth. makes no sense to think you're perfect for something you didn't earn.

makes no sence to assume a rich person didn't earn it
some were born into it some hit it big through hard work man
btw my tattoo idea is the best one
Pitbull biting into the phrase Vale Tudo

BeachBrah22
04-28-2009, 03:13 PM
get mma gloves tatooed on your hands so it always looks like your ready to fight. How badass would that be

forcefedfreak
04-28-2009, 04:17 PM
but if that's your nickname then you suck cause that's like 100 other fighters nicknames as well.

many lols were had.

King Baer
04-28-2009, 07:41 PM
get mma gloves tatooed on your hands so it always looks like your ready to fight. How badass would that be

That would be cool. But I think having Tapout fight shorts tattooed on your ass/legs would be cooler, so you could be naked but it would still look like you train UFC.

teamventure09
04-28-2009, 07:42 PM
I see that you really like the Pitbull, how about a Pitbull biting down on the word Vale Tudo so that the le and TU are being kind of sqiushed

also a Pitbull with Vale Tudo on his nametag on the collar would be somewhat cool

but probubly the Pitbull head biting the Vale Tudo is better

very creative. however i came up with the phrase luta moida which means ground fight.

MUFC
04-28-2009, 07:42 PM
That would be cool. But I think having Tapout fight shorts tattooed on your ass/legs would be cooler, so you could be naked but it would still look like you train UFC.

get 'Ka-Bam' and "Thud" on your feet. Obv done with the comic book caption style.

That's what i want done, but i wont ever have it done.

teamventure09
04-28-2009, 07:43 PM

hahaha.

teamventure09
04-28-2009, 07:44 PM
get 'Ka-Bam' and "Thud" on your feet. Obv done with the comic book caption style.

oh geez

MUFC
04-28-2009, 07:45 PM
oh geez

what?

I thought it would be cool :$

craigers2007
04-28-2009, 07:54 PM

Oh ****... I may actually do something like this....

teamventure09
04-28-2009, 08:26 PM
what?

I thought it would be cool :$

well i have to admit, very original.

DangerDan
04-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Oh ****... I may actually do something like this....

Hell yeah, badass idea. lol.

You could get "thud" and another 4 letter word written on your knuckles. lol.

THe mma glove tattoo is hilarious. haha.

forcefedfreak
04-28-2009, 08:55 PM
A friend of mine is getting the land before time cover tattooed.

PrettyPinkDonut
04-28-2009, 08:58 PM
get HARD tatooed on your ass

YesThatGuy
04-28-2009, 09:07 PM
I found some MMA pitbulls.

http://store.gameness.com/assets/images/logo2.png

http://www.matratz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/gameness-1.jpg

Get a tattoo that says "death before tapping"

teamventure09
04-28-2009, 09:11 PM
I found some MMA pitbulls.

http://store.gameness.com/assets/images/logo2.png

http://www.matratz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/gameness-1.jpg

Get a tattoo that says "death before tapping"

those logos are sweet. too bad a lost my gameness.

JCham
04-28-2009, 09:18 PM
How about "Just Bleed"?

Kane Fan
04-28-2009, 09:20 PM
very creative. however i came up with the phrase luta moida which means ground fight.

are you still using the Pitbull's head?

teamventure09
04-28-2009, 09:29 PM
are you still using the Pitbull's head?

yeah i want the pitbull head that i posted on a previous page with the japanies symbols for jui-jitsu just like on the t-shirt. and then maybe do luta moida on the other arm.

craigers2007
04-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Hell yeah, badass idea. lol.

You could get "thud" and another 4 letter word written on your knuckles. lol.

THe mma glove tattoo is hilarious. haha.

Definately wouldn't get anything an my knuckles (or below my elbows for that matter... aspiring surgeon... gotta stay semi-professional looking =(

However... On the feet something like "Pow" and "Zowie" w/ a lil exposivey looking thought bubble around them.. (like in the ollllld Batman tv show)

Bah... I have entirely too many future tat plans and not enough $$$ to support em just yet.

Here's a ferocious Pit you can use for your tat... haha

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/LayRy.jpg

Oh yeah... She's a killllah

King Baer
04-28-2009, 11:00 PM

My kru has "Good luck" on his left hand and "Good night" on his right, kinda comic book style.. Good Luck has a shamrock, Good Night has a bomb I think. Pretty sweet.

I like "Ka-Bam" and "Thud" though.. might actually do something like that some day when I start KOing people left and right.

Kane Fan
04-28-2009, 11:21 PM
I thought about "Duck" on the Lead hand and "Told Ya!" on the Power Hand lol

Coach McGuirk
04-29-2009, 07:27 AM
This is the only tatoo u will ever need..
http://fedor.bel.ru/pics/news/KAiquQ

this is actually not a bad idea (srsly)

itsyaboy
04-29-2009, 08:58 AM
get a permanent blackeye tattood to your face. to the extremeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Clark_Kent
04-29-2009, 09:26 AM
get a permanent blackeye tattood to your face. to the extremeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That is pretty unoriginal. Rich Franklin has already done that.

teamventure09
04-29-2009, 12:09 PM
these are all good ideas. very clever.

Delta1
04-29-2009, 12:13 PM

wow thats actually one of the most awesome tattoos ive ever seen.

IzRiot
04-29-2009, 12:14 PM
im just going to get "Abandon All Hope" written across my chest as big as i can.

nuttybl
04-29-2009, 12:58 PM
i'd just get a thai style tattoo

teamventure09
04-29-2009, 01:06 PM
i'd just get a thai style tattoo

sweet like what?

nuttybl
04-29-2009, 02:15 PM
yak sant
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/42/Yant-tattoo.jpg/449px-Yant-tattoo.jpg
http://media.npr.org/programs/day/features/2007/nov/tattoos/tattoo_long.jpg
http://asianconnection71.com/ThaiTattooHanuSingRlSm.jpg
http://www.lightbox.ca/~pcpiilonen/29.jpg
http://newsimg.***.co.uk/media/images/39134000/jpg/_39134559_jolie_afp203.jpg

teamventure09
04-29-2009, 02:50 PM
crazy. looks cool though.

itsyaboy
04-29-2009, 05:24 PM

you should fight this guy

http://www.zhippo.com/JeffGogueHOSTED/images/gallery/grizzly-bear-tattoo-m.jpg

King Baer
04-29-2009, 06:21 PM
you should fight this guy

http://www.zhippo.com/JeffGogueHOSTED/images/gallery/grizzly-bear-tattoo-m.jpg

My gameplan would be to put a piece of raw meat in the pit of my elbow, and then attack him when he approaches and is distracted by the meal.

Kane Fan
04-29-2009, 08:47 PM
im just going to get "Abandon All Hope" written across my chest as big as i can.

I like that

My gameplan would be to put a piece of raw meat in the pit of my elbow, and then attack him when he approaches and is distracted by the meal.

it'd have to be a Leg Lock of soem type