PDA

View Full Version : Keto rage in gym :(

shrugs or drugs
01-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Just started my mass fx cycle, took my first dose of green mag and white blood, and had a few carbs pw. Needless to say I had an alpha dog mentality going in (placebo effect :))

Put up 225lbs x 5 for 3 sets well in my last set some skater punk, who was skinny as a rail and not to mention the fact was wearing a fit it hat and talkin away on his cell phone has the audacity to tell his friend to hold on on the phone and ask me mid set on my 2 rep when im finished. I ignored him, on my 4th rep he goes hey buddy im talking to you. I ignored him, i slammed the weight in the rack and told him 5 more sets and i walked away and began my next routine ;) he came up to me and asked me if i had a problem because i lied to him and wasted his time, and i lost it. I told him if he wanted to walk out of the gym today he better stfu. He lost his whole attitude and walked away.

Sorry guys I am never like this, I was lifting at my gf's gym and I was not going to be the ass of someone's joke.

I made a friend though... lol no homo..

cliffs:
-Started mass fx, green magnitude cycle
-Alpha male mentality
-Put up my old pb
-Flipped out on a skinny skater

DeathtoToasters
01-24-2009, 04:16 PM
It happens...umm but in my age book you are also a young punk :)

lol, j/k

shrugs or drugs
01-24-2009, 04:34 PM
I hardly think im a punk, a young dedicated kid, who could hold his own in a conversation about nutrition and lifting.. :cool:

Not to toot my own horn or anything lol. He should have just been cool and waited for me to rack the weight then asked again.

thekurgan
01-24-2009, 05:44 PM
I hardly think im a punk, a young dedicated kid, who could hold his own in a conversation about nutrition and lifting.. :cool:

Not to toot my own horn or anything lol. He should have just been cool and waited for me to rack the weight then asked again.

I'm glad my gym doesn't allow cell phone use, I am with you in that situation, and I'm old(er), I always want to take the phone and stick it up their ass when I hear them yapping on them.

DeathtoToasters
01-24-2009, 05:47 PM

I meant if you go by age numbers..at least compared to my age :)

I'm glad my gym doesn't allow cell phone use, I am with you in that situation, and I'm old(er), I always want to take the phone and stick it up their ass when I hear them yapping on them.

Something funny along that subject. I use my excel on my cell phone to keep my log and after every set I am inputting stuff. Someone the other day told me to get off my phone and workout instead. I showed them my Blackberry and what I was doing....they smiled and walked away...lol

Black_Spit
01-24-2009, 06:01 PM
I wish people would stop using the term "keto rage." This doesn't exist... Can people get irritated when they're hungry? Yes.

Other than that term... I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from OP. People with a lack of gym etiquette piss me the f*ck off, too.

shrugs or drugs
01-24-2009, 06:39 PM
I mean if i was in my home town gym this would never have happened. People who workout in my gym atleast have the foresight and common knowledge to know not to be rude. Cell phones should be silenced or put on vib. at all times and if you feel the need you should walk out to text or make a call then come back.

Me and my Gf are both from the same town but since she works for a sedentary (daycare?) that is run by ymca she gets to go for free and on saturdays I go with her. On tuesday and thursday I am at my own gym.

Edit: I obviously live in South Plainfield, NJ. The YMCA is in Metuchen, NJ about 10 minutes away.

hamma73
01-24-2009, 07:01 PM
You are right. That is not proper etiquet... Everyone knows you wait after the set to EVEN ask that question....

Shoot usually you wait a few minutes see what is going in and maybe ask that question between sets. If not move do something else and get back to the lift.

I have found in todays day and age things have changed... When I first started working out in high school (late 1980's early 1990's) they were pretty hard core. It was a golds gym and there was not all of this bull****. People were there to train and get after the weights. The girls were there to work too... It was not a social network or a place to MEET people and look good. You could were beat old shirts, dirty and just really go hard. Now it is all of this Fluff and bull cream puff BS.

I am with you though.... I give someone the benfefit of the doubt once (And I will usually explain to them the proper way of doing things). There are these little ****s currently at my gym that I want to smack with a 45lb plate..

Last week I was doing dumbells (HEAVY 100lbs) for 8-10 reps... I am struggling for the last two reps and this little **** is standing right next to me looking at himself in the mirror. I am like YO - heads up... He just looks at me and doesn't move.

Another set (I rest about 45 seconds) and I am gassed and this kid is standing over MY BENCH!! I just walked up bumped him away and picked up my weights.... (He was a little thing probably 180lbs)....

What it comes down to are these people are clueless. You are a better man then me because when I was 18 and someone like that got smart with me all hell would have broken out in the weight room.

shrugs or drugs
01-24-2009, 07:06 PM
^ better man, no.

there was 2 of them, and I know I could take the one. Now the other equally wimpy kid maybe I could have taken aswell before the "trainers" rushed in.

-- I am no way saying that I am a beast, I am smaller then most of the lifters there seeing how they are all "seasoned" lifters there. My 2nd time there and I have already gained the respect of the trainers and some of the other lifters. Ive been there twice on guest passes lol.

seal3
01-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Just started my mass fx cycle, took my first dose of green mag and white blood, and had a few carbs pw. Needless to say I had an alpha dog mentality going in (placebo effect :))

Put up 225lbs x 5 for 3 sets well in my last set some skater punk, who was skinny as a rail and not to mention the fact was wearing a fit it hat and talkin away on his cell phone has the audacity to tell his friend to hold on on the phone and ask me mid set on my 2 rep when im finished. I ignored him, on my 4th rep he goes hey buddy im talking to you. I ignored him, i slammed the weight in the rack and told him 5 more sets and i walked away and began my next routine ;) he came up to me and asked me if i had a problem because i lied to him and wasted his time, and i lost it. I told him if he wanted to walk out of the gym today he better stfu. He lost his whole attitude and walked away.

Sorry guys I am never like this, I was lifting at my gf's gym and I was not going to be the ass of someone's joke.

I made a friend though... lol no homo..

cliffs:
-Started mass fx, green magnitude cycle
-Alpha male mentality
-Put up my old pb
-Flipped out on a skinny skater

guy take it easy ramboo''''you went straight to the bathroom took a **** and hid behind the stall now you want everyone to think your a tough guy.my girl will lift more then you and she will tap you out on the mat ***!!!!!!!!

shrugs or drugs
01-24-2009, 07:14 PM
my girl will tap you out on the mat ***!!!!!!!!

damn will she be on top the whole time?? I kinda like doggy-style

with that said im going to take a shower and head over to my gf's house..

cheers ^^ epic fail

seal3
01-24-2009, 07:22 PM
I meant if you go by age numbers..at least compared to my age :)

EVERYONE IN MY GYM KNOW'S ME,I GIVE THEM RESPECT THEY GIVE IT BACK,I'M ON CALL 24/7 SO IF MY CELL RING'S IT COULD BE MY LT.OR MY WIFE OR MY CHILDREN,I ****ING DARE SOMEONE TO TELL ME TO GET OFF MY CELL,BECAUSE THEY WILL LOOSE THERE FALSE TEETH REAL QUICK.IF YOUR WATCHING ME ON MY PHONE OR HERE IT RING YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN BE A MEMBER IN THE GYM ONLY BECAUSE IF YOUR NOT IN YOUR ZONE YOUR IN MY BUISNESS.SO TAKE CARE,STAY IN YOUR SPACE THEN YOU WON'T HAVE TO WORRY

Something funny along that subject. I use my excel on my cell phone to keep my log and after every set I am inputting stuff. Someone the other day told me to get off my phone and workout instead. I showed them my Blackberry and what I was doing....they smiled and walked away...lol

I WISH I AM NOT THAT LUCKY

hamma73
01-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Without getting into a war the young man is right. That is not proper. You NEVER ask somebody when they are in the middle of set and repping out weight how long they have...

Like you I am a big guy and all I usually have to do is give a glance and people understand to back off... Hey if someone ask me how many I have my usual response is come on and work in... And I go in and out quick so I usually do not take very long.

But again when I was 18 and some skater "squid" got flippy with me over some BS it would have been ugly. I am MUCH older and wiser now but man I can not stand peopel who are clueless in the weight room... being a coach and teacher I am more then willing help them and give them advice but they better not get smart...

Couple years back when I was the head coach at a school with some real thugs (I would workout closer to home in the gym in my neighborhood with all of these rich preppy kids)... Well one day some of the kids at the gym got smart with me and told me what they were going to do to our team next year...

I kid you not, I found out who those kids were and put a "bounty" on them. Dinner on me if one of my players who "knock them out of the game" legally. Well one of them ran a slant and one of my bad ass DB's knocked the piss out of him... The kid got up and went to our sidelines... Need less to say he did not come in until the 3rd quarter and by then the romp was on (35 - 7).

After the game then one kid avoided me and didn't shake hands the other came up and said he was glad we were not on their schedule next year.

nukn_futz
01-25-2009, 01:07 AM
doesnt sound like rage to me, sounds like the kid had it coming

Blindead
01-25-2009, 01:12 AM
Without getting into a war the young man is right. That is not proper. You NEVER ask somebody when they are in the middle of set and repping out weight how long they have...

Like you I am a big guy and all I usually have to do is give a glance and people understand to back off... Hey if someone ask me how many I have my usual response is come on and work in... And I go in and out quick so I usually do not take very long.

But again when I was 18 and some skater "squid" got flippy with me over some BS it would have been ugly. I am MUCH older and wiser now but man I can not stand peopel who are clueless in the weight room... being a coach and teacher I am more then willing help them and give them advice but they better not get smart...

Couple years back when I was the head coach at a school with some real thugs (I would workout closer to home in the gym in my neighborhood with all of these rich preppy kids)... Well one day some of the kids at the gym got smart with me and told me what they were going to do to our team next year...

I kid you not, I found out who those kids were and put a "bounty" on them. Dinner on me if one of my players who "knock them out of the game" legally. Well one of them ran a slant and one of my bad ass DB's knocked the piss out of him... The kid got up and went to our sidelines... Need less to say he did not come in until the 3rd quarter and by then the romp was on (35 - 7).

After the game then one kid avoided me and didn't shake hands the other came up and said he was glad we were not on their schedule next year.

If you were my coach in school, I wouldn't have quit football.