PDA

View Full Version : Need to involve hamstrings more in deads

PumpinPaddy
01-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Vid below

Ive got really long arms, so i tend to use my back mainly when pulling

my ass is really high when i start, because i find it hard to have my arms fully extended if i have it lower - is it just a matter of trying to sit back more?

i dont think its because of an imbalance, my hamstrings are one of my stronger points, which is why i want to utilize them

(vid is 405-420ish - 182.5kg on the bar, but all plates are about .7-1kg heavier. Regardless, its about 55lbs short of my max)

ghC9wVy-nZQ

JayHardGainz
01-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Pretty good form but to use your legs more drop your butt down a little and lift that whole first half with your legs then bring your back up. So after you touch the bar to your chin in the beginning try going lower maybe that will help

Kiknskreem
01-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Walk up to bar.

Put it over mid-foot.

Bend at waist ONLY... take grip.

Incline knees until they touch the bar... do not move hips from this position.

Chest up, big breath... pull it up your leg.

PumpinPaddy
01-23-2009, 12:51 PM
thanks guys, i will definately try and focus on my setup more, i usually just grip and rip, and dont put any thought into it

but now im going heavier, for safety purposes, its not great to lift the majority of the weight with my back, and it probably limits what i can lift too

Kiknskreem
01-23-2009, 12:55 PM
but now im going heavier, for safety purposes, its not great to lift the majority of the weight with my back, and it probably limits what i can lift too

Set up the way described above and your bodies natural anthropometry will be expressed.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking you need lower hips and a more vertical back than you really do.

PumpinPaddy
01-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Set up the way described above and your bodies natural anthropometry will be expressed.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking you need lower hips and a more vertical back than you really do.

OK, im pretty sure i understand, im going to watch your vid on deadlifting now just to make sure

Retardo-pex
01-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Sumo's rape my hamstrings just sayin' :)