PDA

View Full Version : Busy Bodybuilding and Powerlifting Goals 09

httrdd007
01-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Here is the start of my first journal to a better body and more power with little time and even less sleep. I am 6'3" tall and 214lbs and I have fought hard to become what I am today.

I started working out not very consistant back in high school and weighed 160lbs. When I was 18 I joined the US Navy and went through bootcamp I went up to 165lbs from numerous calestenics and heavy eating in the cafe.

After bootcamp I joined the gym on base and went up to 180lbs working out 5 days a week and eating whenever I could. I felt stronger, looked more solid and became more confident in myself.

When I got to my new station in San Diego I joined up at the base gym and put a lot of time into my workouts. I ran, played basketball, swam and lifted constantly. I went from 180lbs to 205lbs and was all around strong eating like 2 horses. When deployed our ship had a small gym to run, lift, and do calestenics in which kept me in shape and releaved stress through my time out at sea. I was eating every 2-3 hours and taking in a lot of calories.

When I completed my time of service I began to hit a slump since I was not working right away and was drinking my @ss off! I started to come around and cut down the drinking which made me focus on my training. I never got over 195lbs since I am a hard gainer until today.

Now I am focusing on a 3 day a week workout with about 3-5 hours of sleep. I am trying to eat as clean as possible, though I am aloud to slack here and there since I do not gain that much fat if I keep up with the cardio. I am eating every 3-4 hours and snacking in between. I work from 11pm-7am seven days on two days off then have to come home run my new business and take care of the baby so my girlfriend can go to work and I catch sleep in between the babies naps. I make it to the gym around 5-6pm 3 days a week and complete my workouts eating before and after.

Here is my current workout that I made up for my 3 day a week shedule. I am currently in the bulk stage and I direct a lot of my workouts towards powerlifting.

Workout 1:

Chest and Tri's Heavy:

Chest
Pushups- 3 sets of 20.
Decline barbell bench press- (1 warm-up) 3 sets of 4-6 reps.
Incline barbell bench press- 3 sets of 4-6 reps.
Weighted dips- 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps.
Dumbell Flys- 3 sets of 8-10 reps (squeezing hard on top).
Tri's
Close grip bench press- 3 sets of 6-8 reps.
Two handed tricept ext- 3 sets of 6-8 reps (drop weight and do one more set)
ABBS

Workout 2:

Shoulders and Legs Heavy:

Pull-ups weighted- 3 sets of 6-8
Clean and press- (1 warm) 3 sets of 6-8 reps.
Heavy squats- 3 sets of 4-6 reps
Barbell military presses- 3 sets of 4-6 reps.
Leg presses- 3 sets of 6-8 reps.
Heavy arnold presses- 3 sets of 4-6 reps.
Heavy barbell shrugs- 3 sets of 8-10 reps.
ABBS

Workout 3:

Back and Bi's Heavy:

Back
Wide weighted pull-ups- (1 set free of weight) 3 sets of 6-8.
Deadlifts- (1 warm) 1 set of 8 reps, 1 set of 6 reps, 1 set of 2-4 reps.
Bent over barbell rows- 3 sets of 6-8 reps.
One arm dumbell rows- 3 sets of 6-8 reps.
Cable rows- 3 sets of 8-10 reps.
Bi's
Barbell standing curls- 4 sets of 6-8 reps.
Barbell reverse curls- 3 sets of 6-8 reps.
Incline bench dumbell curls- 3 sets of 6-8 reps.
ABBS

I stretch between sets and warm up before any workout. I will do a little cardio and calestenics before to loosen up the muscles for a long day.

I often change up my workouts for muscle confusion and I will even do some high reps occasionally.

I hope to gain some more muscle and get up to about 225 before a cut. I am the strongest that I have ever been so I feel it is working out for me. I threw in the workouts that I know have done the best for me.

Here are some pics of my progress that I will keep updating monthly.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113258481

httrdd007
01-22-2009, 10:00 PM
I wanted to add that I got 420lb deadlift from the floor without straps today for 1 rep on my last set. I also moved my 400lb single lift to a 2 rep set from last week getting 1 rep with my fingers slipping. I hope to get 475lbs-500lbs on a single rep by end of spring/summer!

Yesterday 1-22-09

3 1/2 hours of sleep

Pullups 6, 6, 6.

Deadlift
225lbs/ 10 reps warm.
335/ 6
400/ 2
420/ 1

Close grip barbell rows
135/ 10 warm.
185/ 6
185/ 6
185/ 6

Cable Rows
180/ 8
180/8
190/ 8

Wide pull downs
180/8
180/8
170/10

Tired out on back and had no grip left from lack of sleep so finished with bi's!

Dumbell hammer curls
35/8 per arm
40/8
40/8
25/ 10 drop set.

Could not do anymore today. Next time Shoulders and Legs.

httrdd007
02-19-2009, 03:14 AM
Mods please move to.....

Powerlifting Workouts - Training Journals

Thank You!