PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't doing these martial art classes kinda ruin my working out?

flipperfin
01-22-2009, 05:13 AM
At the moment i work out 3 times a week - Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I decided to start doing Kung Fu, but the trainer always has us doing lots of pushups, and even other exercises that works biceps / backs etc.

Don't you think it'll kinda halt my working out, if i say train chest in the morning friday, and then have to do pushups/other exercises again in the evening? Or what do you guys think?

infinitebass72
01-22-2009, 05:14 AM
At the moment i work out 3 times a week - Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I decided to start doing Kung Fu, but the trainer always has us doing lots of pushups, and even other exercises that works biceps / backs etc.

Don't you think it'll kinda halt my working out, if i say train chest in the morning friday, and then have to do pushups/other exercises again in the evening? Or what do you guys think?

As long as you eat enough and eat clean, it might even help you, who knows give it a shot man.

thehybridpyro
01-22-2009, 06:43 AM
wont be a big deal
its like training legs, and running hard a few times a week

youngbuck88
01-22-2009, 06:45 AM

it will hinder your progress and your gains wont be as good..You can still get sore from pushups and doing cable curls and all that BS.It could lead to overtraining. I would do a strenght routine if i were you.. 5x3 for big compound movements.Squats,deadlifts,cleans.Let your chest get worked out in class since you do pushups,arms too.Or you can do really simple 2 sets(8-12 repz)for arms and chest.

TazM
01-22-2009, 06:46 AM
Im in a similar situation to you, going to start up thai boxing again at the end of the month, i only went to a few sessions before i had to quit because of exams, but i found it did affect my recovery times and i had to alter my training routine, i could not train legs after a session and so on.

HudsonHicks
01-22-2009, 06:47 AM
As long as you eat enough and eat clean, it might even help you, who knows give it a shot man.
this.

it will hinder your progress and your gains wont be as good..It could lead to overtraining.
true gains may not be as good as if you could focus on bbing, but you'll still get good gains if your diet is up to scratch, I seriously doubt you'll get overtraining lol.

TazM
01-22-2009, 07:40 AM
you'll cut up and your flexibility will improve = win with teh ladiez