PDA

View Full Version : do pros that lift heavy look different??

siersy
01-06-2009, 08:37 AM
you hear all the time in the posing videos the commentry of guys like cormier, joj, ronnie. they always seem to mention

" you can see the heavy poundages in his physique" and other catch phrase things such as that.

does anyone really believe you can tell if an ifbb pro is really strong by looking at them???

if so what notable differences can you see in the guys that do put up and pull these heavy weights.

BOUNTYHUNTERMK2
01-06-2009, 08:42 AM
I feel it's more anecdotal more than anything else, show someone a photo of Jay or Heath and they may remark 'thye look strong'.

IMO it's more genetic then anything else, even if JOJ did 5 sets of 50 reps on the bench his pecs would prolly still be ginormously thick.

Just my 2 cents

corradoR32
01-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Look at Ronnie, without those heavy poundages I doubt his legs or back would be that huge.

siersy
01-06-2009, 08:52 AM
its hard to say seems that a pro body can be built with lower weights such as cutler...

traps seem to be a staple in very strong bodybuilders too

Chaosvash
01-06-2009, 09:20 AM
its hard to say seems that a pro body can be built with lower weights such as cutler...

traps seem to be a staple in very strong bodybuilders too

Cutler just responds well to lighter weight then others, which is what it comes down to, some people need to train heavy to grow while some may go lighter and still grow enough to be a top BBer.

LUKEDEICHER
01-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Only thing I have noticed over time is alot of the heavy lifters are often times the hardest workers in the gym.

Coleman, Prince, etc. even Arnold back in the day with his grueling long workouts.

Of course there are exceptions, differences of opinion, and can be argued the same way the thread title is by nature.

Big Slim DaDDy
01-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Well JOJ is a heavy deadlifter and he just happens to have a good back, same with Ronnie. Toney Freeman doesn't lift heavy but he's still a gigantic guy.

blancmange
01-06-2009, 09:50 AM
of course it doesnt make a difference. Its about as myth-like as "muscle density" (which is just a function of development) or "muscle maturity"

Stewy2008
01-06-2009, 09:53 AM
imo you cant really notice a difference because its genetics on how hard or dense your muscles look. All pros lift heavy some just more than others like milos dose lighter weight (still heavy compared to average gym goer) and then you have ronnie or dorian who lifted very heavy poundages. I do agree that some lifters responde better to lighter or heavier weights take cutler people say he aint strong now thats bull**** i have seen him throw up 405 on bench easy but his body respondes better to volume training then you have yates very heavy and low volume. At the end of the day its down to the indvidual's genetics.