PDA

View Full Version : Veggie/Fruit Detox??

hopefulbee
12-31-2008, 09:19 AM
I have a friend that came to me yesterday and asked if I thought a veggie/fruit detox program she heard about would be good for her. I personally have never tried this before and know nothing about it. There are supplements she is supposed to take along with a purification pill??? Does anyone know anything about this or has done this before so I can give her better feedback?

freebirdmac
12-31-2008, 09:58 AM
Ugh. Why do people feel they need to do something drastic to detox? Just eat a super clean balanced diet and you'll accomplish the same thing. No supplements needed. Your body will get rid of the bad stuff naturally :)

martina92685
12-31-2008, 11:14 AM
Don't take the purification pill - it's a rip off. By eating the veggies she will be cleaning herself out enough.

twinnett
12-31-2008, 11:33 AM
Not necessary..eat clean..lots of water!

Emma-Leigh
12-31-2008, 06:10 PM
Most of these 'detox' things are big money making pseudoscience scams. Given the right diet your body is usually pretty good at 'regulating itself'.

Eat a diet consisting primarily of foods that are healthy for you - and those that offer lots of vitamins, minerals, fibre, and other nutrients.
Drink lots of water.

If you want something specifically for intestinal health - look into probiotics / prebiotic combinations. These are very good at assisting in keeping your gut happy.