PDA

View Full Version : i really need help with new computer operating system choices

TX MUSCLE
12-30-2008, 10:27 PM
so im completly screwed over. :(

basically, before i had windows XP professional. i was looking for a free download for the new ludacris CD :eek: because illa said it was good. The site gave me a trojan and i was too lazy to delete everything. it was making my computer really slow.

I took my friends copy of windows vista ultimate without a key and now it wont let me do anything but buy a key.

buying a new operating system is big bucks:
windows XP home edition: $200
or
windows Vista: $200

and i need office so:
$200(for OS) + $149(for office) = $350 + tax :eek:

I like XP more than vista. im not looking into linux or any other OS like that.

Can you guys suggest me some options?

chasinSKURT
12-30-2008, 10:40 PM
What's the dilemma??

You like XP more than Vista and they are the same price... and you don't wanna go with linux... why haven't you bought XP??

Spire
12-30-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm with TX - the choice looks clear to me. XP Pro.

Having said that, you haven't even stated what you use your computer for. Graphic design, games or what?

I'm on XP because Vista has only ever given me a great amount of issues - that, plus XP Pro 32 is still the most solid build for the majority of games out there, and that's where I want my PC to perform the most.

Vista (especially Vista 64) will eventually take over - until that time, I'll stick with XP Pro.

Ericisfly
12-30-2008, 11:24 PM
do you know anyone in college? cause colleges give out those discs out for free if you are a student.

user98511001541
12-30-2008, 11:30 PM
http://kent.e-academy.com

yCat
12-31-2008, 04:06 AM
do you know anyone in college? cause colleges give out those discs out for free if you are a student.

this

also you can always get by with third party apps (ie: openoffice) instead of getting MS office.