PDA

View Full Version : The "I got sh*t I didn't want and don't need for Christmas" thread

Skigazzi
12-24-2008, 07:15 AM
My mother in law, who has some odd mental quirks...bought us...
(now mind you, I got married in September, she had a big shower and got lots of stuff)

- some spinning kitchen counter utensil holder, its white plastic, it doesn't go with anything in the kitchen at all

- 4 glasses that look look like ice cream dished on pedestals..I have no room left in the cabinets for this

- Some candle holder thing to put out on a table, its black metal, and looks like twigs

- Some candle hold to hand on a wall, its brown metal

- Some candle hold to place in the fireplace (we don't use the fireplace, so a good idea??? NOOOOO, we already bought something for the fireplace and she knew it)

- 4 cheese spreaders (this makes a total of 10 cheese spreaders she has bought us...HELP)

- And olive oil pourer thing (its nice, but its the 3rd one she got us)

- a very nice glass pitcher, but totally useless

- 10 candles to fill all the candle holding things she got us

- two, yes TWO cup cake holding trays with lids...two...TWO...TWO!

HALP...!!!

I think we are going to invite our friends over who just bought a house and lay out all the stuff we dont want (all of it) and tell them to take anything they want.

INGENIUM
12-24-2008, 07:17 AM
brah, what's your mailing address?

I want to send you a nice cheese spreader to make up for this...

MBSowards
12-24-2008, 07:18 AM

What the hell is a cheese spreader? I guess I have never seen one because Skigazzi has them all. :o

Viperspit
12-24-2008, 07:25 AM

I think I have a few melon ballers I can pitch in.

Cloud Strife
12-24-2008, 07:26 AM
Sounds like a ****ty Christmas for you my friend :(

~~Aries~~
12-24-2008, 07:29 AM
It's the thought that counts :confused:

That's why besides for kids I get the adults gift cards, then they can buy what they want.

SUSprinter
12-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Whats your address I wanna send you a nice ball spreader.

cervasa1977
12-24-2008, 07:31 AM
My mom bought me a huge ceramic Santa WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Beejis60
12-24-2008, 07:36 AM
I got everything I wanted:

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

:)

Cloud Strife
12-24-2008, 07:38 AM
I got everything I wanted:

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

:)
Oxymoron. I see what you did there

Skigazzi
12-24-2008, 07:39 AM
In lieu of sending me the sympathy cheese spreaders, mellon baller, and ball spreader (wha?)...well, just don't.

Sounds like a ****ty Christmas for you my friend

Thankfully, me and the misses are going to go shopping after christmas for our gift, we are getting either a cage or a nice Hoist rack, real nice bench, and full set of weights and stuff to put in our basement....

....unless basement is full of cheese spreaders by time I get home today....

BIGJOHN812
12-24-2008, 07:41 AM
(now mind you, I got married in September, she had a big shower and got lots of stuff)

- some spinning kitchen counter utensil holder, its white plastic, it doesn't go with anything in the kitchen at all

- 4 glasses that look look like ice cream dished on pedestals..I have no room left in the cabinets for this

- Some candle holder thing to put out on a table, its black metal, and looks like twigs

- Some candle hold to place in the fireplace (we don't use the fireplace, so a good idea??? NOOOOO, we already bought something for the fireplace and she knew it)

- 4 cheese spreaders (this makes a total of 10 cheese spreaders she has bought us...HELP)

HALP...!!!

I think we are going to invite our friends over who just bought a house and lay out all the stuff we dont want (all of it) and tell them to take anything they want.

HAHA i can sympathize with you bro. I just got married in October. I already owned my house and had alot of stuff - now we just have loads of extra crap laying around.

i have like 9 pot holders/oven gloves. i gave one to my dog to chew on - she loved it!

Beejis60
12-24-2008, 07:48 AM
Oxymoron. I see what you did there

:confused: I acutally wanted nothing and I got it.

_NimbusTim_
12-24-2008, 08:06 AM
You think thats bad.......you seriously want to know what I got from MY mom the last two years in a row?

The only thing I got was a 9.99 neck massager from Wal Mart. 2 years in a row!

And you know what she got my wife? She cut up ALL my pictures of me growing up with those crazy cutting scissors and put them in a scrap book.

Who cuts up the only pictures of someones child hood.

:(

_NimbusTim_
12-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Oh and its not that I care that I got one gift and it was 9.99....... I could care less about a gift at all, but geeze dont get me the same gift two years in a row and say "I hope you can use this".

SPACECLOWN
12-24-2008, 08:13 AM
It's not Christmas yet. You aren't supposed to know what you got till tomorrow :confused:

_NimbusTim_
12-24-2008, 08:15 AM
It's not Christmas yet. You aren't supposed to know what you got till tomorrow :confused:

Im probably getting a neck massager for a 3rd year in a row.

MuscleMike15
12-24-2008, 08:16 AM

HALP...!!!

Return them all lol or return most of them that u dont need

~~Aries~~
12-24-2008, 08:19 AM

Don't think of it as a neck massager....think of it as a sex toy and you'll feel better :D

xVERITAS
12-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Ebay[dot]com

Viperspit
12-24-2008, 08:26 AM

Don't think of it as a neck massager....think of it as a sex toy and you'll feel better :D

prostate massager? :confused:

Beejis60
12-24-2008, 11:26 AM

w00t!!

Dracoy
12-24-2008, 11:27 AM
All I got was a sodoku calender...

(serious)

My parent's don't celebrate christmas :(.

Beejis60
12-24-2008, 11:29 AM

Lucky you (serious). Christmas is for materialistic ass holes that celebrate someone's birthday three months too early.

Dracoy
12-24-2008, 11:32 AM
We don't celebrate birthdays either LOL. We may have a bigger dinner and invite friends for holidays but that's it.

I don't really care since this has been like this for a long time. I just hate sodoku! My high school math teacher made me do it and it frustrated the hell out of me :(. But it still would be nice to have more "festivities" in the house.

Nutir
12-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Won't get anything because I'm 15hours away (on plane) from my family :D

My grandfather is really good at ****ty gifts tho, he got my aunt a toolset as a wedding present :eek:

JakeDub
12-24-2008, 11:38 AM
what a perfect thread for the crybaby complainers of bb.com

merry christmas

Beejis60
12-24-2008, 11:48 AM
My grandfather is really good at ****ty gifts tho, he got my aunt a toolset as a wedding present :eek:

WHAT?!?!? Tools rock!! I'm always game for getting more GOOD tools.

MattyH7688
12-24-2008, 11:49 AM
I got a kwanza candle set

Nutir
12-24-2008, 11:54 AM
WHAT?!?!? Tools rock!! I'm always game for getting more GOOD tools.

They were not exactly good tools :D

40-Yard Dash_2
12-24-2008, 11:54 AM

You don't recognize the birth of Christ, or the gift-swapping?

Dracoy
12-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Both. I do it with friends though. My parents usually give some stuff to co-workers. My mom got the sodoku set and regifted it to me LOL. She wrapped it up nicely and was like, we got you something awesome.

Tricky LOL!

Beejis60
12-24-2008, 12:18 PM
You don't recognize the birth of Christ, or the gift-swapping?

jesus wasn't born on december 25th; he was born in march. Historians from the fourth century found out this but didn't want to celebrate it then as their biggest "rival" was the pagan religions. The pagan religions celebrated the winter soltice so the christians "moved" jesus birthday to dec 25th to compete with the pagan religions.

40-Yard Dash_2
12-24-2008, 12:21 PM
jesus wasn't born on december 25th; he was born in march. Historians from the fourth century found out this but didn't want to celebrate it then as their biggest "rival" was the pagan religions. The pagan religions celebrated the winter soltice so the christians "moved" jesus birthday to dec 25th to compete with the pagan religions.

-f_DPrSEOEo

chasinSKURT
12-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Lucky you (serious). Christmas is for materialistic ass holes that celebrate someone's birthday three months too early.

But my birthday's in June??? :cool: :D

Beejis60
12-24-2008, 12:24 PM
-f_DPrSEOEo

NO WAY!!

Will try to remember :D

Drexx
12-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Being as I am still young my parents ask me what I want :D so I just tell them money since I need to buy a laptop for school, hopefully it'll snow so I can make some money and buy one for next semester.

getbustered
12-24-2008, 12:47 PM
What the hell is a cheese spreader? I guess I have never seen one because Skigazzi has them all. :o

Skigazzi is a sophisticated gentleman, but I believe us common folk refer to them as knives? :confused:

I might be a materialistic ass, but my son will be 2-years-old a few weeks after Christmas, and I haven't had this much fun in a really long time. Buying gifts and him getting all excited for Santa Claus. I might be a bad person, but it is worth it. :)

40-Yard Dash_2
12-24-2008, 01:11 PM
I might be a materialistic ass, but my son will be 2-years-old a few weeks after Christmas, and I haven't had this much fun in a really long time. Buying gifts and him getting all excited for Santa Claus. I might be a bad person, but it is worth it. :)

You're a great dad!

Beejis is the antichrist! :D

MattyH7688
12-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Skigazzi is a sophisticated gentleman, but I believe us common folk refer to them as knives? :confused:

you probably are going to hell for taking care of your son :p

INGENIUM
12-24-2008, 01:13 PM
LOL

"I don't celebrate Christmas therefore I am better than you"

PaC-mAn8
12-24-2008, 01:16 PM
I Lol'D as I was reading this thread.

My family doesn't celebrate X-mas either.

kingjameskjf
12-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Nice thread for doing nothing reading! My work had a Secrete Santa gift exchange. I got my person some awesome stuff and I ended up with a rice krispy treat, seriously!

dito
12-24-2008, 01:20 PM
I have to agree with beejis here. Aside from little kids I don't get the point of it. We were supposed to just draw names this year which we did. We ended up drawing 3 times cause it kept getting messed up. The 2nd time I drew myself and didn't say shiat. Unfortunately they figured it out and we had to redraw. I had it all planned. I was going to put my new gun in a box and wrap it then open it all surprised and be like geee thanks!

So now I am the only one who stuck to the name drawing everyone is getting something for everyone.

Beejis60
12-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Beejis is the antichrist! :D

That would be awesome, but I'm just an atheist that points out the retardedness of christianity.

LOL

"I don't celebrate Christmas therefore I am better than you"

I never said I was better than anyone, I'm just pointing out the flaws of most mainstream religions in which lying becomes the center of their teaching.

I have to agree with beejis here. Aside from little kids I don't get the point of it. We were supposed to just draw names this year which we did. We ended up drawing 3 times cause it kept getting messed up. The 2nd time I drew myself and didn't say shiat. Unfortunately they figured it out and we had to redraw. I had it all planned. I was going to put my new gun in a box and wrap it then open it all surprised and be like geee thanks!

So now I am the only one who stuck to the name drawing everyone is getting something for everyone.

Hahahaha, reminds me of that Office episode where Kevin (I think that's his name; the fat dude that seems retarded) draws his own name and buys himself that foot bath thing.

Yates Row T
12-24-2008, 05:51 PM
what if there is no god?

40-Yard Dash_2
12-24-2008, 06:06 PM
what if there is no god?

Either way you're not going to heaven.

DaveGabe24
12-24-2008, 06:07 PM
I never said I was better than anyone, I'm just pointing out the flaws of most mainstream religions in which lying becomes the center of their teaching.

Who said they actually believe December 25th is his birthday? We celebrate the day, that's all.

Why do you always feel the need to chime in, in some decent threads? It's getting old man. Anything about religion and right away you want the attention because you're atheist and want everyone to know you're views and how religion is such BS :rolleyes:

Yates Row T
12-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Either way you're not going to heaven.

good thing ur not judgmental or u wouldnt have a shot either

40-Yard Dash_2
12-24-2008, 06:11 PM
good thing ur not judgmental or u wouldnt have a shot either

:rolleyes:

I realize that sarcasm is a brand new concept, but I figured you would have gathered it from my post.

Yates Row T
12-24-2008, 06:19 PM
:rolleyes:

I realize that sarcasm is a brand new concept, but I figured you would have gathered it from my post.

u must not catch on quick urself.

40-Yard Dash_2
12-24-2008, 06:21 PM
u must not catch on quick urself.

Yours wasn't funny, because my post was obviously poking fun at you and was not literal.

Beejis60
12-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Who said they actually believe December 25th is his birthday? We celebrate the day, that's all.

Why do you always feel the need to chime in, in some decent threads? It's getting old man. Anything about religion and right away you want the attention because you're atheist and want everyone to know you're views and how religion is such BS :rolleyes:

There was misinformation and I was correcting it.

DaveGabe24
12-24-2008, 06:53 PM
There was misinformation and I was correcting it.

Kk np then. Merry Christmas!! ;)

xVERITAS
12-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Dude, calm down. I do not remember anyone in this thread attacking your beliefs (or the lack of) so dont attack anyone else's.

As my Anatomy professor says, "Bull feces"

-f_DPrSEOEo
HAHAHAHAHA

Nice thread for doing nothing reading! My work had a Secrete Santa gift exchange. I got my person some awesome stuff and I ended up with a rice krispy treat, seriously!
Your work oozes santa?

That would be awesome, but I'm just an atheist that points out the retardedness of christianity.
Again, no one said you being an atheist is retarded, so calm down. Why don't you rag on Hanukkah? Why does everyone always bring up how (they think) Christians are stupid?

It is not "mainstream". A lot of people have just opened their eyes to the truth.

Beejis60
12-25-2008, 09:07 AM
As my Anatomy professor says, "Bull feces"

Lets hear your reasons for why that's bull****. The bible even states Jesus was born when the ewes were dropping calves; ewes only drop calves in the spring, not mid-winter.

Again, no one said you being an atheist is retarded, so calm down. Why don't you rag on Hanukkah? Why does everyone always bring up how (they think) Christians are stupid?

Because they're brainwashed. And at least the jews don't believe in jesus.

It is not "mainstream". A lot of people have just opened their eyes to the truth.

Truth is based on fact, the bible is not fact, just perception. You know it was written by man, correct?

dito
12-25-2008, 09:18 AM
beejis is laying it down here muahaha. I don't believe in jesus and religion. But I do like the holiday brings me and my family together for food and stuff :D

whiplash77
12-25-2008, 09:32 AM
beejis is laying it down here muahaha. I don't believe in jesus and religion. But I do like the holiday brings me and my family together for food and stuff :D
this...

XCriticalBenchX
12-25-2008, 09:36 AM
My family dicked me over big time! I'm in contest prep, and what do they get me.

1 Applebees Gift Card
1 TGI Fridays Gift Card
1 Texas Road House Gift Card
Bag of Resee's peanut butter cups
5 Jars of Coconut Oil (Only thing I really needed for my prep)

Drove me nuts lol.

My girlfriend bought me a NU-Wave oven, best thing I have ever gotten. Cooked a 3 pound roast from frozen in 2 hours. FROZEN, came out moist as hell!

MBSowards
12-25-2008, 09:45 AM
My family dicked me over big time! I'm in contest prep, and what do they get me.

1 Applebees Gift Card
1 TGI Fridays Gift Card

Drove me nuts lol.

My girlfriend bought me a NU-Wave oven, best thing I have ever gotten. Cooked a 3 pound roast from frozen in 2 hours. FROZEN, came out moist as hell!

The NU-Wave is awesome.

XCriticalBenchX
12-25-2008, 10:08 AM
The NU-Wave is awesome.

You got 1? Do you have any secrets to cooking in it? I heard there are a lot of tips/secrets you pick up on, the more you use it. I always use a meat thermometer to tell when my food is done.

My roast came out awsome, my london broil came out awsome, and the chicken was so so. All from frozen.

factotum
12-25-2008, 10:31 AM
This thread is full of the x-mas spirit!! :D

yourname2221
12-25-2008, 10:44 AM

checkin' in to see if tim got his neck massager

I see what u did there^^ (srs)

Truth is based on fact, the bible is not fact, just perception. You know it was written by men, correct?

fixed; was written and changed over the years by those who initally scribed it to make it better in their eyes.

This thread is full of the x-mas spirit!! :D

duh!!!

merry christmas

Adawg4929
12-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Didnt get what i needed at all except for lifting glvoes, but got some Car matts and a webcam :rolleyes:

Skigazzi
12-25-2008, 11:06 AM
I got some perfect pushup things today...actually seems decent.

Im intrigued by this NU-Wave thing...must google...

bigla2004
12-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Didnt get what i needed at all except for lifting glvoes, but got some Car matts and a webcam :rolleyes:

Your boyfriend and timdull are goin to love the webcam ;). Hahha, jus joshin brother.. gloves hot moves. Car matts? You got people named matt to go into your car?

I got an awesome under armor fleece from family who usually send me crappy gifts. However, they got a size medium.. to put it into prospective very other shirt i got was an xl... / rant

pu12en12g
12-25-2008, 11:14 AM

x3 :D

Adawg4929
12-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Your boyfriend and timdull are goin to love the webcam ;). Hahha, jus joshin brother.. gloves hot moves. Car matts? You got people named matt to go into your car?

I got an awesome under armor fleece from family who usually send me crappy gifts. However, they got a size medium.. to put it into prospective very other shirt i got was an xl... / rant

haha funny :p , Gloves definitly a plus though, my are all torn up though these are going to take some breaking in

Beejis60
12-25-2008, 11:56 AM

1 Applebees Gift Card
1 TGI Fridays Gift Card

Drove me nuts lol.

They make BAGS of reese's pb cups? ZOMG!!!
And I'm intrigued by this nu-wave oven also....

dito
12-25-2008, 07:47 PM
I got stuff I want/could use.

coffee pot, filters, coffee

hearing protecters with amplification, some shotgun shells

a beanie

2 books both survival.

:cool:

xVERITAS
12-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Lets hear your reasons for why that's bull****. The bible even states Jesus was born when the ewes were dropping calves; ewes only drop calves in the spring, not mid-winter.
Where does the Bible say this? I didn't know atheists read Bibles.

Because they're brainwashed. And at least the jews don't believe in jesus.
Jews believe in Jesus. They do NOT believe in the New Testament.

Truth is based on fact, the bible is not fact, just perception. You know it was written by man, correct?
How do you know the Bible is not fact? And yes, of course it was written by man. I don't think trees can write books, can they?

Not all of the Bible is about how Jesus is the savior of mankind.

whiplash77
12-26-2008, 08:38 AM
Atheists USUALLY are open-minded enough to read quite a bit about everything...philosophy is fun...

LOL, what does the New Testament cover again??? Oh yes...the lifetime of Jesus...No?

How do you know the Bible is not fact?
So you take the bible to mean LITERALLY what it says? Really? Women are unclean while on their period, so much so that anything they lay, sit, or lean upon is unclean as well for 7 days I believe it is...and any man who touches a woman on her period is unclean for a certain amount of time as well unless they do something, don't quite remember...believe this is in Romans. Seriously?

And yes, of course it was written by man. I don't think trees can write books, can they?
touche...nothing gets past ya huh?

Yeah, there's a lot of metaphor and fallacy as well...and some decent history, narrow in scope/perspective, but decent nonetheless.

pitapos
12-26-2008, 08:47 AM
My mom bought me a huge ceramic Santa WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry.... I lol'd

JakeDub
12-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Lol at the religious debate in here, I'm not religious at all, but I'm never going to be that guy that bails out on my family on christmas just because jesus is fraudin (imo). It's a family tradition to me, not religous, and one of the few times we're all together.

whiplash77
12-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Lol at the religious debate in here, I'm not religious at all, but I'm never going to be that guy that bails out on my family on christmas just because jesus is fraudin (imo). It's a family tradition to me, not religous, and one of the few times we're all together.
Agree with this for sure.

Beejis60
12-26-2008, 11:02 AM

It's either matthew or luke, I don't remember. And I don't read the bible anymore, but I used to "study" when my ex was in a cult and that's what helped me solidify my own "faith" and to realize that religion is just a window that gives people ever-failing hope.

They never saw him as the "son" that christianity sees him or they did not believe he ever existed, depending on which sect of judaism you study.
EDIT: here's a good link, though wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_view_of_Jesus

How do you know the Bible is not fact?

How do you know it is fact? It's a bunch of people who wrote ****.

I am aware tyvm.

xVERITAS
12-28-2008, 03:41 PM
It's either matthew or luke, I don't remember. And I don't read the bible anymore, but I used to "study" when my ex was in a cult and that's what helped me solidify my own "faith" and to realize that religion is just a window that gives people ever-failing hope.

They never saw him as the "son" that christianity sees him or they did not believe he ever existed, depending on which sect of judaism you study.
EDIT: here's a good link, though wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_view_of_Jesus

How do you know it is fact? It's a bunch of people who wrote ****.

I am aware tyvm.
i suppose all we can do is wait til the end of time/our own deaths.

back on topic, my grandfather gave me a picture of him, signed.

40-Yard Dash_2
12-28-2008, 03:43 PM

Cool.

Skigazzi
12-28-2008, 04:08 PM

Ok, you win.

lol

Beejis60
12-28-2008, 04:56 PM
I got pulled over by the cops on xmas eve coming home from the lab; the cocksucker was sitting in the parking lot running everyone's license plates and he saw that my registration was expired. I can't help that the Ohio BMV is slower than my grandma.
That brings my count to being pulled over around 19 http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/indifferent.gif

drxmn
12-28-2008, 05:15 PM
I got pulled over by the cops on xmas eve coming home from the lab; the cocksucker was sitting in the parking lot running everyone's license plates and he saw that my registration was expired. I can't help that the Ohio BMV is slower than my grandma.
That brings my count to being pulled over around 19 http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/indifferent.gif
he was doing this on christmas eve?

40-Yard Dash_2
12-28-2008, 05:27 PM

Well, at least it wasn't on Christmas.

bjoh17
12-28-2008, 05:31 PM

that was the wrath of God, smyting you for being an atheist :)

40-Yard Dash_2
12-28-2008, 05:33 PM

lulz

Reps upon recharge

drxmn
12-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Well, at least it wasn't on Christmas.

man, what a douche

Beejis60
12-28-2008, 05:56 PM

Yep. It was a university cop though; he probably doesn't have **** to do and wants to know why the hell there are cars at the school on xmas eve at around 11pm.

Riiiiiight. Well since I don't believe in god, I don't believe in that statement ;)

BBingGuru
12-28-2008, 06:03 PM
im sorry for your inconveniences haha

_NimbusTim_
12-28-2008, 06:06 PM

x3 :D

Surprisingly no.... guess 3rd year is a charm :)

Actually got a Florida Gators Ornament, and my wife got some bath stuff. Then they gave us 50 1 dollar scratch off tickets. (Won 20 something dollar and some free tickets....yet to cash it in.)

Ended up being a pretty good time.

Hope everyone else's went well.

xVERITAS
01-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Cool.

Ok, you win.

lol

and he gave me a medium "south pole" tshirt.