PDA

View Full Version : girlfriend prob. ...just cliffs.

droolmonkey
12-14-2008, 10:08 PM
cliffs
1.good friend of 5 years turned girlfriend for 6 months supposed to come over to family gathering after dance rehearsal(with gay partner)
2.tells me she has to drive 45 mins away to dance because he has plans and cant dance unless she goes there
3. girlfriend agrees to this and calls me to tell me as she is leaving to go (at the time she was supposed to start).
4. I get pissed at her putting me and my family in 2nd place, and putting her dance partner 1st.
5. Some how she has made this my fault.
6. About to leave her

BreesieBabby
12-14-2008, 10:16 PM
That's kind of a trivial reason to break up with someone bc they missed ONE family gathering of yours for a dance thing that has been going on for a while. Maybe you should lighten up there, cowboy...

Puntman
12-14-2008, 10:19 PM
if i was you i would use that...... if she feels bad for missing your family do.... she might do something nice for you.....

n2lifting
12-14-2008, 10:19 PM
i would say your overreacting, unless you two are married/engaged, she should be able to live her own life.

E-Dub187
12-14-2008, 10:20 PM
cliffs
1.good friend of 5 years turned girlfriend for 6 months supposed to come over to family gathering after dance rehearsal(with gay partner)
2.tells me she has to drive 45 mins away to dance because he has plans and cant dance unless she goes there
3. girlfriend agrees to this and calls me to tell me as she is leaving to go (at the time she was supposed to start).
4. I get pissed at her putting me and my family in 2nd place, and putting her dance partner 1st.
5. Some how she has made this my fault.
6. About to leave her

Let her know how much it means to you that the two of you are together at a family gathering. Tell her how much your family means to you and why it upset you that she did the dance instead of spending time with you and your family. Do it calmly and she should begin to understand. Don't go ape sh*t, yet...

SourDIez
12-14-2008, 10:28 PM
show disinterest,
dancing is stoopid, If i'm in a 'serious' relationship first impressions with the girls parents are important

droolmonkey
12-15-2008, 02:28 AM
thanx for all the replies. she has met my family before. i would say it is overreacting also, if it didnt happen 2 nights ago, and a week before that. i think dancing is whatever, but she is a professional salsa dancer, and takes it way serious (absolutely amazing sex btw, and she swallows every time ;)i couldbe more supportive of it, but thats another bag of worms she gets mad about. i talked to her already, and she felt soooo bad. she realizes what happened, and has told me she sees that she needs to balance her time better. that was enough for now. i am going to be a little on edge, but am sure it is going to get better. this sounds way gay, but writing a rant feels kinda relieving thanx again for all the replys