PDA

View Full Version : >>Blazed's 50 Week Journey To The Stage <<

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Blahzay128
10-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Looking lean and mean....really getting things done...

One thing I noticed...on your front lat spread...it seems that your hand placement is almost too far forward on your abs...it's almost a distraction to your lats...I'm no posing wizard..but just throwing in my two cents from looking....I was taught to almost dig my knuckles into my sides and spread your lats...

Also...just some advice from doing this show in the past....The judges will really make you hold poses for a good 30 seconds....so be sure to really have that muscle endurance...The classes are usually really full so they keep you out there for awhile....Can't wait to watch this yr.

G

The Solution
10-03-2009, 07:15 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86921.jpg

Muhney!!!!

Your going to make me look fat when I see you in a month :mad:

Quelly
10-04-2009, 12:24 AM
DAMN! Wow, umm, what do you do for your abs, side abs?

he dieted and did cardio lol

no but seriously, AMAZING progress

J_Bo
10-04-2009, 09:05 AM

Yeah for realz!

I was going through and thinking, "man, I'm gonna have to call for some leg pics" but then I got to the one where you had the shorts hiked up. Doing awesome! Almost there!

bballbrett5
10-04-2009, 09:08 AM
uber lean! keep it up, champ!

Blazed
10-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. Today is my refeed. Woohoo.

Morning weight 178.4lbs

Going to spend the day helping my GF's parents move into their new house. Good times. Off from the gym, Yay.

J_Bo
10-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. Today is my refeed. Woohoo.

Morning weight 178.4lbs

Going to spend the day helping my GF's parents move into their new house. Good times. Off from the gym, Yay.

ah moving! We just did that for my parents not too long ago...that could replace cardio, it was tough work!

AniMaLizTik
10-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Quick question...

With the "walden farms" syrups and chocolate, are you guys counting the carbs in that...the sugar alchohols?...just curious.

I use the syrup in my oats sometimes, but I calculate what I use, is this necessary? thx and lookin lean brah

andrewpoleon
10-04-2009, 10:56 AM
he dieted and did cardio lol

Well I was just wondering if it was the dieting or some workouts he was doing, currently bulking, but when it's my turn to diet I just want to be prepared, you know.

AustrianOakJr
10-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Quick question...

With the "walden farms" syrups and chocolate, are you guys counting the carbs in that...the sugar alchohols?...just curious.

I use the syrup in my oats sometimes, but I calculate what I use, is this necessary? thx and lookin lean brah

I usually count sugar alcohols, but I have never seen any listed on any Walden Farms products. I think they all use sucralose.

Quelly
10-04-2009, 02:13 PM
DAMN! Wow, umm, what do you do for your abs, side abs?

Well I was just wondering if it was the dieting or some workouts he was doing, currently bulking, but when it's my turn to diet I just want to be prepared, you know.

well, i was just mostly being a joker, but you can definitely get some improvement in the core musculature from direct training but it isn't much compared to other muscle groups, the majority of the great abs you see out there, are results of guys doing their cardio and eating their diets

Bnizzle163
10-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Dude is looking lean!!

That back double bi is money for you. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Ian_B
10-04-2009, 03:53 PM
sick tricep striations man

Blazed
10-04-2009, 05:16 PM
So after talking it over with Berto today I have decided to skip the warm up show and just focus on the 7th. He suggested it and I have already been considering due to poor current financial situation. Even though the Syracuse show is further my best friend lives 10 minutes from the venue and I have a free place to stay. With the INBF show its a diff fed so I would have to join both and pay for a hotel.

As a result of this and Berto's confidence ;) that we will get me ready to turn some heads by the 7th I decided I will be doing Open Middleweight class. Give it all I got and use this is a learning experience.

New Macros as of tomorrow 35/135/230 1775 cals. Wish me luck I might turn into Kate Moss =o

bwelch1985
10-04-2009, 05:56 PM
sounds like a great plan. in my opinion warm up shows are for advanced/experienced competitors...first timers are better off just picking a show and going for it...

when i competed in my "warmup show" on July 11 I had every intention of sticking w/ it until August 22 for my MAIN show....but i experienced such a huge feeling of satisfaction and relief after the contest that i lost all control of myself (by binging like a maniac) for two straight days and had to throw in the towel....in retrospect, i wish i wouldve skipped the July 11 show and just gotten much leaner for the August 22 rather than trying to take on both...

Quelly
10-04-2009, 07:02 PM
So after talking it over with Berto today I have decided to skip the warm up show and just focus on the 7th. He suggested it and I have already been considering due to poor current financial situation. Even though the Syracuse show is further my best friend lives 10 minutes from the venue and I have a free place to stay. With the INBF show its a diff fed so I would have to join both and pay for a hotel.

As a result of this and Berto's confidence ;) that we will get me ready to turn some heads by the 7th I decided I will be doing Open Middleweight class. Give it all I got and use this is a learning experience.

New Macros as of tomorrow 35/135/230 1775 cals. Wish me luck I might turn into Kate Moss =o

this is where it gets really good...your gonna get shredded bro!

FATHER FLEX
10-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Empty out the tank bro, and be the guy people who came to see other people are a cheering for. You won't regret it, last push!

AustrianOakJr
10-04-2009, 07:24 PM

Wow, looks like we will be in the same class at the same show.......this should be good, man. Keep pushing hard, you are gonna do well.

Quelly
10-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Wow, looks like we will be in the same class at the same show.......this should be good, man. Keep pushing hard, you are gonna do well.

oh sick! I love when forum members face off :)

except when its against scott kluth...phucker ;)

J_Bo
10-04-2009, 07:46 PM

lol

AustrianOakJr
10-04-2009, 07:47 PM

Well, stay tuned....in two weeks is Stayfit and I.......then Blazed and I on the 7th. Lots of pics to come, rest assured!

J_Bo
10-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Well, stay tuned....in two weeks is Stayfit and I.......then Blazed and I on the 7th. Lots of pics to come, rest assured!

Yeah that sure is exciting.... maybe you should update your journal and tell us about it... jerk ;)

just playin' brah.

but seriously... you should update it :D

Quelly
10-04-2009, 08:05 PM

Yeah that sure is exciting.... maybe you should update your journal and tell us about it... jerk ;)

just playin' brah.

but seriously... you should update it :D

Blazed
10-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Well Well. Facing off against the mighty Oak. You best not try to give me the wrong advices ;) It will be cool having someone to talk to back stage Oak. I've never been to a show let alone competed.

Looking forward to meet you brotha!!!! We can grub after if your down!

AustrianOakJr
10-05-2009, 02:37 AM

Im gonna try and do some writing later today.......tough to keep up on it with all the prep.

Well Well. Facing off against the mighty Oak. You best not try to give me the wrong advices ;) It will be cool having someone to talk to back stage Oak. I've never been to a show let alone competed.

Looking forward to meet you brotha!!!! We can grub after if your down!

When it comes to da day of the contest, Blazed is like a child........and I am his fa-tha....:)

It will be fun, for sure. Im looking foward to it. Not sure if im going out to eat after or if mom is making up something sweet at their house......but if im going out, that would be great!

Blazed
10-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Woke up today a super bloated 186lbs. Refeed + a jar of pickles last night = ~30,000g of sodium yesterday.

Had an ill ass session.

Calf Raises
215 x 20
395 x 15
355 x 15
315 x 15

Pull Up
Bw x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 7
BW x 7
BW x 6

BB Bench
45 x 20
135 x 12
185 x 8
185 x 10
135 x 12

Cable Rows
195 x 8
180 x 8
165 x 8

Dips
BW x 12
BW x 10

Done and done

Cardio
Treadmill ~30 minutes, 325 cals burned Av HR ~125BPM, sippin dat der Xtend.

Diet today was immaculate.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/Clipboard02.jpg

AniMaLizTik
10-05-2009, 07:06 PM
An entire jar of pickles????!??! **** ** *****

The Solution
10-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Bob's Fudge FTW!

Glad you are putting the cooking supplies I sent you in the mail to good use!

Look forward to meeting you in a month.

AustrianOakJr
10-05-2009, 07:48 PM
An entire jar of pickles????!??! **** ** *****

Ive been there......well, maybe not whole jar.....but when youre hungry pickles help the mind out a little anyways.

AniMaLizTik
10-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Ive been there......well, maybe not whole jar.....but when youre hungry pickles help the mind out a little anyways.

I bought a jar yesterday of baby dills. 3 pickles only 5cals, 1g carb:D

Blazed
10-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Yea buddy. I just stepped on the scale and I'm down to 184.8 which is better but still heavy lol! I'm usually about 5lbs lighter. Pumps in the gym today were unreal though. even my midsection skin felt tight and that rarely happens.

Today was a good day mentally. I am ready to finish this prep and get on stage.

Blazed
10-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Woke up this morning @ 182.8lbs

Gave it 110% today.

Nutrition will be 1730 32/136/231

I hit legs/cardio today.

Squats
45 x 12
135 x 10
225 x 8
275 x 6
245 x 8
225 x 8 (these felt super light)

SLDL
135 x 10
225 x 8
225 x 8 (reverse grip)

Hip felt bothered so I aborted here.

Decline sit ups
BW+10 x 15
BW+10 x 9

Stiff Leg Raises
BW x 14

Done and done

BCAA's + Cardio

Treadmill MISS/LISS x 47 minutes, 520 calories burned, av HR 130 BPM.

Nice warm shower and some protein pudding PWO.

I still have 8oz of pulled bbq chicken, a crepes and various topping meal, as well as 3 1oz Fudge Truffles in the freezer.

Bobs fudge recipe made with nutella instead of PB. Rolled into 1oz balls, dusted with cocoa and popped into the freezer. AMAZING.

My crepes I'm topping with a combo of PB/Banana slices and FF Creamcheese+ Half Thawed blueberry +splenda mixture.

Feeling pretty good thus far. Getting creative in the kitchen has made this diet pretty easy to follow.

AniMaLizTik
10-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Creativity in the Kitchen does make a HUGE difference

Blazed
10-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Figured ya'll would get a kick out of this.

Well ever since I got back into the gym last Oct I got my gf into the whole lifting and eating clean and tracking macros thing.

Well shes 5'0" and maintaining a 93lb bodyweight on 1850 cals/day LMAO. Half my size and eating more than me, what is this world coming to =o

Quelly
10-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Figured ya'll would get a kick out of this.

Well ever since I got back into the gym last Oct I got my gf into the whole lifting and eating clean and tracking macros thing.

Well shes 5'0" and maintaining a 93lb bodyweight on 1850 cals/day LMAO. Half my size and eating more than me, what is this world coming to =o

my wife was losing weight eating dessert nightly, and her diet consisted of processed carbs and fat with only limited amounts of vegetarian based protein, and eating out....at the time I was on 1500kcals and losing about .5lbs every week, 2 a day cardio

she's 5'6 dropped from 128 to 122

Blazed
10-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Nothin to it but to do it at this point.

Morning weight 181.6 (Still ~4lbs over my normal wake up weight)

Diet was spot on yesterday. Today will be no different.

I went out and did a 32 minute LISS session this morning.

Going to hit shoulders/calves/bi's/tri's/cardio around 6-7 PM when my gf gets out of school.

Diet today is kinda monotonous with 3 bowls of protein pudding, butterflied eye round with melted ff cheese, 1/4lb of 99% fat free ham on toast, and some protein crepes with PB and SF Jelly, Sludge before bed. Wooohoooo, getting work done today.

I can't let Sean make me look like a marshmallow on stage.

The Solution
10-07-2009, 11:45 AM
^^^ Fuel to the fire man, keep plugging away, you have 1 month left to make the most of your first prep. Dont look back regretting anything you do. Bring the best package you can.

Blazed
10-07-2009, 12:42 PM
As this last month unfolds I need to tighten up certain aspects of the prep that I have been slacking on.

Supplementation - make sure I remember to take my multi, creatine, and nitor every day. I've been about 1 day on 2 days off with these lately.

Sleep - I slept a good 11 hours last night, the past few nights was more like 6-7 hours. I need to start getting on a set sleep schedule.

Water Intake - I've been slacking as the weather has gotten colder. I just don't feel thirsty all day like I used to and its easy to go a few hours without drinking any water. I end up falling way short of my 1+ gallon a day average.

Sodium intake - Has varied from a couple of grams to a couple dozen grams on any given day.

Carb timing - I have been pretty good about avoiding fats around workouts and getting in 40-50% of my carbs for the day around my workouts but I have been saving large meals for prebed that result in a big weight gain at night making morning weigh ins pretty unstable.

I have 24 days till peak weak starts. I am going to be meticulous during this time.

My weight during the day is now hovering around 182-185lbs. I need to get it steady again and really turn it up a notch.

1 month till show time. LETS DO THIS THANG!!

Blazed
10-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Went in today for a very solid session.

Calf Raises
215 x 20
395 x 16
355 x 15
315 x 15

Side Lateral Raises
15's x 20
25's x 12
45's x 8
40's x 8
35's x 8
35's x 8

DB Curls
15's x 12
25's x 12
45's x 8
40's x 8
35's x 8
35's x 7

Dips
BW x 12
BW x 12

Skull Crushers
80 x 8

done and done with weights

Cardio

Treadmill worked up to a 15 degree incline and 4.0PMH pace over the first 7 minutes and then slowly decreased till I was at 7.0 and 3.5MPH at the end. 22 minutes 285 calories burned. Felt great after this.

Still a pudgy bastard though. Hopefully I tighten up by the weekend.

Diet has been on the money today. Chocolate protein puding pre and post workout for the win. Egg white crepes with sludge for dinner.

I am ready to do this. Bring it!

jked4life
10-07-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm really liking the creativity that you are using with the foods. I am really thinking that I have to step it up in that area. It's not a big deal now, but as the calorie allotments shrink, the need increases. I'm not real good with that either.

J_Bo
10-07-2009, 07:42 PM
As this last month unfolds I need to tighten up certain aspects of the prep that I have been slacking on.

Supplementation - make sure I remember to take my multi, creatine, and nitor every day. I've been about 1 day on 2 days off with these lately.

Sleep - I slept a good 11 hours last night, the past few nights was more like 6-7 hours. I need to start getting on a set sleep schedule.

Water Intake - I've been slacking as the weather has gotten colder. I just don't feel thirsty all day like I used to and its easy to go a few hours without drinking any water. I end up falling way short of my 1+ gallon a day average.

Sodium intake - Has varied from a couple of grams to a couple dozen grams on any given day.

Carb timing - I have been pretty good about avoiding fats around workouts and getting in 40-50% of my carbs for the day around my workouts but I have been saving large meals for prebed that result in a big weight gain at night making morning weigh ins pretty unstable.

I have 24 days till peak weak starts. I am going to be meticulous during this time.

My weight during the day is now hovering around 182-185lbs. I need to get it steady again and really turn it up a notch.

1 month till show time. LETS DO THIS THANG!!
Good call on all this. This stuff sure does add up... but it's so easy to slack on!

Blazed
10-08-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm really liking the creativity that you are using with the foods. I am really thinking that I have to step it up in that area. It's not a big deal now, but as the calorie allotments shrink, the need increases. I'm not real good with that either.

Its something I learned during the past 2 months of prep as my macros got tougher to handle with reg foods I was used to eating. Had I started earlier and knew back then what I know now I could have stayed "fuller" for much longer through my prep.

A key for me is learning to cook a crepe base with eggwhites/baking powder/cocoa/splenda. These ~30g of protein give you a really good base to work with. I also got a ton of ideas from Bob and the Meals Eating Now thread in the nutrition section.

I know this much, reverse dieting will be much more enjoyable now that I have learned to be creative in the kitchen. Soon enough.

Good call on all this. This stuff sure does add up... but it's so easy to slack on!

No more slacking on anything for me as of yesterday.

Morning weight 180.4lbs (-1.2 from yest)

Scale is heading in the right direction, although I'm still not happy. I reintroduced 2-3 servings of greek yogurt into my diet. Fat Free Chobani ftw!

Cut cocoa back and increased fiber to 35-40g a day.

I need to go out and buy more vanilla extract so I can make my crepes van instead of chocolate. Runnin low on choc whey anyway. Last goody box from ALN was all strawberry since they were running out of stock on Van and Choc Nitrean.

Last night hunger was intense. I had my last meal kind of early 9PM and even though I got to bed around midnight I couldnt fall asleep till around 3 AM.

23 days left till peak week and I hope I get to around 173lbs by then.

It's definitely crunch time!

AniMaLizTik
10-08-2009, 09:38 AM
I've found that with the right spices and sauces (franks red hot, texas pete) regular ol veggies are DELICIOUS and they keep you very full all day

Blazed
10-08-2009, 11:15 AM
So I sit and read previous contest prep logs in search of motivation and ideas. Evans was one that I followed pretty closely from start to finish. I went back to around one month out since thats where I am currently sitting and this post rang out to me and it mirrors how I am feeling to the T

Speaking of which...

I have been getting hit pretty frequently with borderline pre-contest-panic... The closer this things creeps up, the more often my confidence swings back and forth. Not helped of course by how different my body tends to look everytime I glance in a mirror... One hour might have me looking vascular, hard, and ready to win a show, while an hour later I look just awful/depleted, without a vein in site. It's very unsettling, and has more than once nearly catapulted me into feeling liking I should do something drastic. I have to continually remind myself that I have worked hard, and there is nothing left to do at this point than follow the plan, and follow it well. It's just so easy to get gripped by the precontest jitters sometimes...

Then this wise mans reply calmed me down a bit lol.

At this point of the prep bro, you have lost your objectivity, the only thing your judgement is good for is to remind yourself that it isn't working. I guarantee you that 95% of those physical fluctuations are all mental. With your leaness level, and at this point in your peak week you will see some minor fluctuations, but MOST of what you see is in your head....youve got the leaness down...on the day of the show, just stick to the plan...nothing drastic...if you are pretty damn sure that you're flat...like...no forearm veins are popping out, eat some carbs, drink some more water, pump up more....but that's as drastic as it should get...for now....have faith in your plan and just move forward.

I just wanted to let you guys know that you have been a valueble asset in getting through this whole experience thus far!

Whomper107
10-08-2009, 03:35 PM
So I sit and read previous contest prep logs in search of motivation and ideas. Evans was one that I followed pretty closely from start to finish. I went back to around one month out since thats where I am currently sitting and this post rang out to me and it mirrors how I am feeling to the T

Then this wise mans reply calmed me down a bit lol.

I just wanted to let you guys know that you have been a valueble asset in getting through this whole experience thus far!

Glad to hear my journal was able to help you out bro... it really becomes more and more of a mental tug-o-war as you get closer to the show, but just let the scale and progress pictures reassure you that you are headed in the right direction.

Quelly
10-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Glad to hear my journal was able to help you out bro... it really becomes more and more of a mental tug-o-war as you get closer to the show, but just let the scale and progress pictures reassure you that you are headed in the right direction.

just keep plugging away, your almost there

Blazed
10-08-2009, 04:16 PM
No doubt guys =)

Doing work for sure. Hit cardio today and diet has been flawless. Last meal with carbs in it is being had and my next 2 mini meals are pretty much carbless.

I spread my cals out better today in hopes of avoiding those late night hunger pangs. Its kind of hard with 1750 calories to work with lol.

When I got back home to shower after a half hour on the bike my legs looked redic. Too bad these moments seem so far and few now hahah.

Blazed
10-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Well, I've been slacking on the picture updates since the gf hasn't been joining me to the gym lol. I tried to snap a few myself here. Today was my 4th day on 135g of carbs with weights and cardio every day this week until today. PM, no pump, and on about 1250 cals so far today. Its 9:30 here =o

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86946.jpg
The tenderizers, surprisingly vascular on no carbs. My body is weird.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86950.jpg
Next time someone tells me I used to be "big boned" I'll slap them.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86952.jpg
If only I could capture this without my shaky hands lol
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86956.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86958.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86949.jpg

stayfit2008
10-08-2009, 06:31 PM
It's funny looking at your carb intake knowing in about 5 days I'll be eating nearly 10 times that much in one day! Looking shredded,..good vaso in th elegs!

Blazed
10-08-2009, 06:35 PM
And I hope you enjoy the **** out of every single gram buddy =)

stayfit2008
10-08-2009, 06:40 PM
And I hope you enjoy the **** out of every single gram buddy =)

It's gonna be quiter a task eating that much tho in potatoes and rice cakes!

You have a carb load strategy you gonna use?

Blazed
10-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Well, I've been slacking on the picture updates since the gf hasn't been joining me to the gym lol. I tried to snap a few myself here. Today was my 4th day on 135g of carbs with weights and cardio every day this week until today. PM, no pump, and on about 1250 cals so far today. Its 9:30 here =o

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86946.jpg
The tenderizers, surprisingly vascular on no carbs. My body is weird.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86950.jpg
Next time someone tells me I used to be "big boned" I'll slap them.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86952.jpg
If only I could capture this without my shaky hands lol
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86956.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86958.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86949.jpg

Bump to next page for the slackers.

Whomper107
10-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Very impressive bro, those close up shots are awesome for capturing the little details.

Joe Go
10-08-2009, 11:59 PM
You are looking good. Showtime is right around the bend.

FATHER FLEX
10-09-2009, 12:05 AM
The grainy side leg shot. Veins with no carbs, good sign. :)

Blazed
10-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Very impressive bro, those close up shots are awesome for capturing the little details.

Word life, and dat der loose skin.

You are looking good. Showtime is right around the bend.

Yikes!

The grainy side leg shot. Veins with no carbs, good sign. :)

Lets do work. This lower back is pissing me off though.

Morning weight 180.0lbs (-.4 from yest) Not surprised with the lack of a larger drop. 15,000mg of sodium yesterday from the coldcuts/pickles I had yesterday. That 99% FF pastrami sure is good though.

Hit the gymzor today for some calves/chest/upperback/posing/cardio

Pull Up
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 7
BW x 6
BW x 4
BW x 4

Calf Riases
215 x 20
395 x 15
355 x 15
315 x 15

DB Bench
45's x 10
50's x 8
80's x 8
80's x 8
80's x 7

Cable Rows
210 x 8
195 x 8
180 x 8

Dips
BW x 12

Done and done with the weight portion.

Onto some posing lol.

Worked on my mandatory poses. I was super shaky and really lacked the energy or control over my muscles after the lifting. GF snapped some pics but they came out really blurry since her hand were shaky too lmao. Epik failz.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86966.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86972.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86973.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86978.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86979.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86980.jpg

My body wants CARBZZZZZZZZZ

bballbrett5
10-09-2009, 03:29 PM
PHUCK man. lookin great. kill it these 29 days man to etch away the last bits of fat

Blahzay128
10-09-2009, 04:18 PM
looking better every time you update pics.....whatever your doing is working.

J_Bo
10-09-2009, 04:42 PM
NICE! :D good lookin progress, Brah!

bwelch1985
10-09-2009, 06:11 PM
You've got that side relaxed pose NAILED. i struggled like crazy w/ that one....probably b/c my waist isn't 2" wide like yours lol

AniMaLizTik
10-10-2009, 04:53 AM
You've got that side relaxed pose NAILED. i struggled like crazy w/ that one....probably b/c my waist isn't 2" wide like yours lol

just a question, but if you flex like that on the relaxed side pose, will you get deducted?

Quelly
10-10-2009, 09:00 AM

to be honest I really don't think you do

you've got a side tricep and ab shot nailed....but in the symmetry round they want to see symmetry, not your conditioning, not your muscularity, but how you fit together head to toe...they want an x frame, proportion and v taper...you need to open up, fill your chest cavity with air, and twist your upper body as much as you can to reduce the size of your waist when viewed from the front and make your shoulder width appear larger

Sean15782
10-10-2009, 12:34 PM

Have to agree with Eric, I think you could improve on this pose:

1) Rotate your feet slightly more to the right (away from camera) This will allow for a little more twist to make the waist as thin as possible.
2) Pop the chest up and lift the right arm up and in a bit to push against your pec.
3) Remember to look straight ahead, judges will call you out on this.

Your waist width (front to back) is a great asset. The above changes will make the waist as SMALL as possible and simultaneously make your upper body look as BIG as possible.

Kiwi_Kid
10-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Just skimmed over this entire thred, this is awesom. I Really hope you do well.

Blazed
10-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Hey guys. A little update.

Today was a weird day. I woke up feeling extra weak and groggy. Had a fairly large breakfast and pre workout meal. Felt like death towards the end of my lower session. Close to black out status. I've felt like this before on PSMF and know that its a sign that my body is not happy. I got home and had a giant carb up and about an hour later felt better. I emailed Berto asking for some guidance since my refeed was scheduled for Monday. He said I did the right thing and to just skip Mondays and have it today.

I went grocery shopping and prepped some food. Had oatmeal, almond butter, bananas, steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, some grilled chicken and whey in skim milk.

I stocked up on veggies and chicken breast for the rest of the week.

Todays nutrition was all skewed lol. My final numbers were 85/450/185. Lets just say I feel a lot better now.

Lower Session

Squats
BW x 12
Bar x a lot
135 x 12
225 x 8
275 x 8
245 x 8
225 x 8

SLDL
135 x 8
225 x 8
225 x 8 (saw spots after this set)

Decline Sit up
BW+10 x 15
BW+10 x 12

Cardio
Treadmill, 15 degree incline, 30 minutes, 3.8MPH, ~325 cals burned, Av HR 135.

I wanted to thank you guys for the help with posing. I know my posing needs a ton of work still and I appreciate pointing out any flaws. I don't post pictures because I need a pat on the back. Please be very blunt with me.

Tomorrow at 2pm I'm going to Nassau to meet up with Gerry Triano (Dude from the Posing sticky at the top of this page) Hopefully he can help me nail my poses a little better. Other than that its just practice, practice, and more practice.

Someone asked for an update of the legs but I couldn't for the life of me take a good picture. Here are my not so sexy wheels.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86981.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86983.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86984.jpg

J_Bo
10-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Those striations are really coming through on that tear drop. Come show times, there will be lines on top of lines!

Quelly
10-11-2009, 01:12 AM
1: very impressed this late in the game you kept it to a refeed and did not binge, and you did it for the right reasons, not because of hunger, but because your body told you it needed to recover
2: I'm really glad you are getting some in person posing advice, that will be 10x as valuable as any critique you can get in writing on the boards
3: your quads look great, quite jealous in fact! I think you are going to be shocked as to how lean you will get over the next 4 weeks, your at that point where every half pound you lose creates a drastically different looks, keep kicking ass your almost there, don't let your mind play too many games on you!

Blazed
10-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Feeling MUCH better today. The difference is like night and day. Woke up nice and early full of energy this morning.

Morning weight was 179.8lbs. After struggling all of last week from 186 to 179.6 I have 450g CHO and only go up .2lbs!

diet so far today
Cottage cheese and SF Jam for breakfast.
Skinny Cow Pre Workout
Training
Egg white crepes with FF Cream Cheese and 75g blueberries PWO
Cliff Builder bar on the way to posing practice.

Puts me at 14/90/66 so far.

Going to enjoy green veggies and lean meats today yum yum.
Maybe some more crepes before bed.

Training today was Shoulders/calves/Arms

Calf Raises
215 x 20
395 x 15
355 x 15
315 x 15

Side Lateral Raises
15's x 12
25's x 10
45's x 8
40's x 8
35's x 8

DB Curls
15's x 12
25's x 10
45's x 8
40's x 8
35's x 8

Dips
BW x 12
BW x 12

Done and done.

Posing practice with Gerry went well. We ran through the mandatory poses a few times and he helped me tweak my quarter turns, rear lat and ab/thigh poses a bunch. We talked about some poses I should and shouldn't use in my routine as well as stuff to practice. I will be working with him a little more over the next 27 days leading up to the show to try to get everything down as best as I can. He also gave me some ideas of what to expect on show day as well as what judges like to and don't like to see.

Off to prep some dinner. =)

teezlr
10-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Awesome progress! You look great!

Blazed
10-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks Teez.

Today was a great day with the diet.

Overall sense of wellbeing is good. I feel 100x better after yesterdays refeed. Its funny last weeks refeed I gained 8lbs and spent 7 days losing 6 of those lbs. This refeed I only go up .2lb =o Maybe this is a good sign. I hope so because I'm ready to do work. Fridge is stocked and I'm ready for HIIT and morning LISS tomorrow. Ordering my trunks tomorrow as well.

Blazed
10-11-2009, 07:58 PM
I am not sure when my next refeed will be since this kinda skewed up my whole plan but I am expecting a small bump in weight tomorrow. Feeling kind of bloated tonight.

Diet was a perfect 35/135/230 today. Min carbs in my last 2 meals.

Hopefully we'll work our way down from tomorrows 181-182 into the mid/high 170's =) Its serious business time.

Blazed
10-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Well then, today I woke up to a pleasant surprise.

180 upon wake up and 178.8 after a much overdue bm.

Slept in and it was freezing here this morning so I have to do cardio later tonight.

Diet has been pretty good today although the game plan is eating my carbs earlier in the day and then tapering off at night. That is the hardest part for me mentally.

Feeling pretty good. I am stoked to see what these next 3 1/2 weeks bring

Blazed
10-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Feeling GREAT right now. Hope this continues cause it sure feels better than how I am feeling most of the time these days.

I just got back from an intense cardio gym session. 500 cals in 40 minutes. Did 3 mini sessions.

MISS - 162 cals in 10 minutes

HIIT - 150 cals in 8 minutes

LISS - 200 cals in 20 minutes

Fun times.

I wish my legs always looked this good. Veins and cross striations like woah!

Hopefully I stay under 180 the rest of the week and get a wooosh going. *crosses fingers*

Blazed
10-12-2009, 10:00 PM
These are kind of goofy pics I took today without a pump lol. I was just trying to see how my back looked 2 days after refeed and wasn't gonna post these but figured why the hell not.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86995.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87000.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87001.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87010.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV86994.jpg

And last but not least, my little brother. Who will most likely be competing LHW or maybe HW at our show Sean. That means you gotta get through 2 Wal's before you can kiss the pro card ;)

_I2uX7NsLqs

FATHER FLEX
10-12-2009, 10:08 PM
So stupid arm attachments run in the family I see. :D

BSBrown
10-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Wow your whole thread is a dream come true to see happen. I hope i can replicate you. Ive read a few pages and it seems complicated with the nutrition and the poses. I need to find a way to learn before to long. Right now im doing what i can on the nutrition side of things, But when it comes to about 12-16 weeks out and cutting i definately need to learn what your doing. I hope to compete in my first comp in April. Your an inspiration, your bodys in such great shape its retarded.

beejay777
10-13-2009, 04:10 AM
you really are an inspiration blazed especially from where you started. might seem like a silly question - but how does it feel to be shredded now compared to where you started? obviously amazing but have you found you now have more self esteem and look forward to summer going to the beach and flaunting that **** yo!!??

caj
10-13-2009, 06:51 AM
Dang, just the changes you've made in the last couple of weeks is impressive.

Amazing detail in your upper and lower back, abs, and seratus.

Excellent work, man.

scoobysnacks
10-13-2009, 07:48 AM
1: very impressed this late in the game you kept it to a refeed and did not binge, and you did it for the right reasons, not because of hunger, but because your body told you it needed to recover
2: I'm really glad you are getting some in person posing advice, that will be 10x as valuable as any critique you can get in writing on the boards
3: your quads look great, quite jealous in fact! I think you are going to be shocked as to how lean you will get over the next 4 weeks, your at that point where every half pound you lose creates a drastically different looks, keep kicking ass your almost there, don't let your mind play too many games on you!

I AGREE with all these, ESPECIALLY number 2. Posing is off especially your rear dub bi foot placement and I would assume that would carry over to rear lat spread.

Blazed
10-13-2009, 05:07 PM
So stupid arm attachments run in the family I see. :D

I guess so lol!

Wow your whole thread is a dream come true to see happen. I hope i can replicate you. Ive read a few pages and it seems complicated with the nutrition and the poses. I need to find a way to learn before to long. Right now im doing what i can on the nutrition side of things, But when it comes to about 12-16 weeks out and cutting i definately need to learn what your doing. I hope to compete in my first comp in April. Your an inspiration, your bodys in such great shape its retarded.

Well you have plenty of time to prep for an april show. I would work on putting on size and staying lean. Start thinking about your strategy and get to it about 20 weeks out.

you really are an inspiration blazed especially from where you started. might seem like a silly question - but how does it feel to be shredded now compared to where you started? obviously amazing but have you found you now have more self esteem and look forward to summer going to the beach and flaunting that **** yo!!??

I guess it hasn't really sunk in yet. I still see fat Paul when I look in the mirror.

Dang, just the changes you've made in the last couple of weeks is impressive.

Amazing detail in your upper and lower back, abs, and seratus.

Excellent work, man.

Thanks Brosef!

I AGREE with all these, ESPECIALLY number 2. Posing is off especially your rear dub bi foot placement and I would assume that would carry over to rear lat spread.

For sure, I need to widen my legs and twist the leg thats back. Gerry helped me with this during our consult.

Morning weight today was 181.2lbs (+1.2 from yest) Not surprised since I went to bed ~185lbs.

Today I beasted a good session. Didn't have time to practice posing at the gym after the workout though as I was in a hurry.

Pre Workout Cardio
Treadmill, 10 minutes, 100 cals, 3.0mph, 4 degree incline.

Pull Ups
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 7
BW x 6
BW x 5
BW x 3
BW x 2
BW x 1
BW x 1
BW x 1

BB Bench
45 x 20
135 x 10
185 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5
135 x 8 (super slow on neg)

Cable Rows
195 x 8
180 x 8
165 x 8
150 x 8

Dips
BW x 12
BW x 10
BW x 8

PWO Cardio
30 minutes treadmill, 300 cals burned, 7.0 Incline, 3.5 MPH, Av HR 126-130 BPM

Overall I would say this was a good session. Tried a different approach with the benching with a 5 x 5.

Strength has been pretty consistent at the gym despite being 3 1/2 weeks out.

Curious to see what tomorrow brings. I'm considering doing a short HIIT session right after squats/sldl's tomorrow. Gonna ask Berto if its a good idea. I want that freaky conditioning everyone seems to be chasing.

Dentor
10-14-2009, 11:49 AM
i know i subbed in super late but this log is awesome man... i just read the whole thing awesome work man keep it up.

Blazed
10-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Yoyo, had a pretty productive day today but was left carless after 6 PM and had no way of getting to the gym. Hitting it tomorrow for LISS/LEGS and maybe 6-8 HIIT Intervals afterwards.

I clocked in back down at 178.8lbs

Diet today was spot on.

Baked this beast and enjoyed every bite. The whole thing was working into my macros.

Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake/Custard with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting on 1/2 and PB and Cocoa Cream Cheese Frosting on other 1/2.

Nom Nom Nom

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/pie.jpg

Young9
10-14-2009, 07:48 PM
recipe and macros for that please!

looks UNREAL!

J_Bo
10-14-2009, 07:58 PM
recipe and macros for that please!

looks UNREAL!

this x infinity!

Blazed
10-14-2009, 08:17 PM
1 can(15oz) pumpkin
1 8oz pack FF Cream cheese
1 egg
1/2c whites
splenda
cinnamon
1 scoop van prot powder

Baked for ~30 minutes @ 350 degrees

for the frosting I just mixed 8oz FF Cream cheese, 2 tbsp with 15g Cocoa and 4 packets splenda. Took a little less than half of this and mixed with 2 tbsp of PB so I could make the topping 1/2 and 1/2. Softned to make it spread easily. Some Reeses baking chips and a tiny bit of powdered sugar on top.

Taste was so win.

I've recently found a new love in cooking/baking and you guys will definitely enjoy my grow log as it will be filled with pics/recipes of stuff I make as I reverse diet. The stuff will get progressively tastier and more extravagant.

J_Bo
10-14-2009, 08:21 PM
1 can(15oz) pumpkin
1 8oz pack FF Cream cheese
1 egg
1/2c whites
splenda
cinnamon
1 scoop van prot powder

Baked for ~30 minutes @ 350 degrees

for the frosting I just mixed 8oz FF Cream cheese, 2 tbsp with 15g Cocoa and 4 packets splenda. Took a little less than half of this and mixed with 2 tbsp of PB so I could make the topping 1/2 and 1/2. Softned to make it spread easily. Some Reeses baking chips and a tiny bit of powdered sugar on top.

Taste was so win.

I've recently found a new love in cooking/baking and you guys will definitely enjoy my grow log as it will be filled with pics/recipes of stuff I make as I reverse diet. The stuff will get progressively tastier and more extravagant.

Man my stomach is growling just reading that!

Young9
10-14-2009, 08:27 PM
going to make this on my next day off!

Blazed
10-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Nom Nom Nom

Good mood today.

177.2lbs this morning.

30 Minutes LISS

Squats
45 x a lot
135 x 10
225 x 8
245 x 8
225 x 8

SLDL
135 x 8
225 x 8
245 x 8
225 x 8

Stiff Leg Lifts
BW x 15
BW x 10

25 Min of LISS/MISS with 8 HIIT Intervals tossed in for a little extra flavor.

Legs looks ridiculous today. Grainy and veiny.

Here's something I whipped up today while doing Laundry. Vanilla/Pumpkin Protein Cake with Vanilla Creamcheese Frosting.

Macros are 25/90/112 + frosting which is just FF Cream cheese, melted with splenda, van ex, van pp.

Damn it won't fit on this 9" round cooling rack.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87013.jpg

Improvisation!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87016.jpg

Wut? Just an excuse to eat the corners before GF gets home. =o

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87017.jpg

J_Bo
10-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Dang dude! You're a flippin' chef!

The Solution
10-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Blazed when i come up to NYC, i got some recipes for ya :)

What were the macs on your other pie without the frosting, just the pumpkin base?

jked4life
10-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Damn bro, you got some culinary skillz. I know where I'm going to go when I'm hungry and I just want a recipe for something that taste's good :)

Blazed
10-15-2009, 06:10 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87027.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87019.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87021.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87029.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87030.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87031.jpg

Blazed
10-15-2009, 06:11 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87032.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87033.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87034.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87036.jpg

J_Bo
10-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Man your progress is amazing, bro!

FATHER FLEX
10-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Those shorts are sick! :D

Bnizzle163
10-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Dude, I am so looking forward to next prep. You make it seem so tasty :D

AustrianOakJr
10-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Where do you come up with this stuff???? You got me making protein pancakes like every other day and now ill have to look into this cheescake thing. Looks awesome.

Blazed
10-16-2009, 03:11 PM
I just love experimenting in the kitchen lol.

Today I made the most amazing and filling brownies for Pre/Post workout.

I apologize for the lack of pics the camera was discharged.

1 6 serving packet of sf/ff jello chocolate pudding mix (would have to alter other ingredients if using 4 serving pack)
4 scoops chocolate protein
1 cup oats
1-2 packets splenda

I distributed everything split in two even portions.
Using 2 microwave safe large soup bowls i stired in hot water into each making a very thick batter.
Nuked for 6 minutes each.
Pulled out of bowl while still hot
let completely cool on cooling rack or w/e
cover with thin layer of coowhip free or light.
Enjoy =)

NOM NOM NOM NOM

They were tasty!

Morning weight 178.8lbs

Today was a solid gym session, I felt pretty strong across the board and despite looking flat I got pretty good pumps.

Calf Raises
215 x 20
395 x 15
355 x 15
315 x 15

Side Lateral Raises
15's x 15
20's x 12
45'sx 8
40's x 8
35's x 8
35's x 8
35's x 6

db curls
15's x 15
20's x 12
45'sx 8
40's x 8
35's x 8
35's x 8
35's x 6

Dips
BW x 15
BW x 12
BW x 10
BW x 8

Cardio
45 minutes, 515 calories threw in a few sprints.

bballbrett5
10-16-2009, 03:13 PM
tightening up, bro! you must be very pleased

The Solution
10-16-2009, 03:22 PM
45 minutes while texting me the entire time... Liar!

Blazed
10-16-2009, 03:23 PM
during the first 30 minutes when im walking 3.5mph up a 7-8 degree incline son.

The Solution
10-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Were your brownies as good as this?

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv241/LayzieBone085/Food/DSCN1330.jpg

:D

tal1990
10-16-2009, 04:28 PM
damn layzie. recipe?

Young9
10-16-2009, 05:51 PM
those were some serious db curls today B lol

Blazed
10-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Fixed =D

stayfit2008
10-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Blazed,..I have a great tip for you on you FDB pose. I learned this from a great BB who I visited at NPC Nationals over the summer,..When you hit the pose,..keep your elbows up like you do but shrug your shoulders down. This will flare your lats out by inches and make you look even wider. Practice it a bit and if ya want post it up and I can take a loo at it.

When I finally understood this method,..my lats just spread like crazy wide! I have an additional muscle there I never knew I had!

hcm2009
10-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Morning weight 216.6 I am withering away.

Off day or legs today, have not decided yet.

Can you give some more samples? How great your info is! It really useful for me. Thanks.

Pat1Connors
10-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Wow Just read the whole thread bro, Insane Transformation! great job. I'll prob see you at that show too in Syracuse! Gonna be my first Show, competing in teens.

cardiac
10-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Wow, that is a very nice transformation.

What is ur diet like?

cawiau
10-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Abs are looking shredded bro ;)
Keep up the good work!

Blazed
10-18-2009, 11:46 PM
Hi Guise;

Yesterday was an offday and reg macros.

Weighed 177.8 I think.

This morning I was 176.4 which is lowest in a while.

Today was calves/chest/upperback/a lil cardio along with some nice refeed action.

Lets start with the workout

Overall energy levels were pretty low. Probably due to not having refeed since last saturday.

Pre Workout Cardio
1 Mile up hill on treadmill, 125 cals burned, ~17 minutes.

Calf Raises
215 x 20
395 x 15
355 x 15
315 x 15

Pull Ups
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 7
BW x 6
BW x 5

DB Bench
40's x 10
50's x 8
80's x 8
80's x 8

Cable Rows
185 x 10
185 x 10
160 x 7

Dips
BW x 12
BW x 10

done and done

Then went grocery shopping finally! Officially broke now >..<

Diet today was.

Meal 1 - Cottage Doubles
Meal 2 - 4 slices Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread eggwhite/cinnamon/cocoa french toast, 1/4 cup SF Maple syrup, 100g pam fried banana slices, lil cool whip free on top.
Meal 3 - 1 8oz no bake chocolate chip protein brownie topped with protein pudding and coolwhip light.
Meal 4 - 1 8oz no bake chocolate chip protein brownie topped with protein pudding and coolwhip light.
Meal 5 - 1 8oz no bake chocolate chip protein brownie topped with protein pudding and coolwhip light.
Meal 6 - 2 slices of pam fried Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread, topped with 1 tbsp PB each, 50g pam fried banana slices, chocolate protein pudding, cool whip free on top
Meal 7 - 3 slices Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread eggwhite/cinnamon/cocoa french toast, 1/8th cup SF Maple syrup, 50g pam fried banana slices, lil cool whip free on top.

Talk about about tasty!

End macros were 33/370/195 2470 cals

Looking forward to Legs/HIIT/MISS/LISS tomorrow. Should be a grand time.

Hoping to get under 175 by next refeed.

Yea buddy!

cawiau
10-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Hey bro, I still can't get over how far you have come! just incredible :)

Blazed
10-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Thanks Carl, hows training going?

cawiau
10-19-2009, 12:16 AM
Thanks Carl, hows training going?

check my thread :(

G8GXP
10-19-2009, 01:09 PM
I am beginning to believe that overall calories and macros are far more important that specific types of proteins/fat/carbs.

To me it seems like you get away with a lot of "junk" type foods yet are still achieving your goals. I have been following your journey for about 4 months now and cannot get over how you are starting to look like a real bodybuilder.

Keep up the hard work, it is certainly paying off in a big way.

Blazed
10-19-2009, 02:05 PM
I am beginning to believe that overall calories and macros are far more important that specific types of proteins/fat/carbs.

To me it seems like you get away with a lot of "junk" type foods yet are still achieving your goals. I have been following your journey for about 4 months now and cannot get over how you are starting to look like a real bodybuilder.

Keep up the hard work, it is certainly paying off in a big way.

Thanks G8! I do make most of that "junk" food from scratch though, so I know exactly whats going into it. You won't catch me at Mcdonalds though lol.

So today was an ok day.

Finished the refeed off last night and weighed in this morning at a pretty damn light 177.4lbs

Hit the gym for some legs/abs/cardio

Cardio
Warm up, 18 minutes treadmill, incline, 155 cals burned 1 mile walked.

Squats (ass to grass)
45 x 20
135 x 12
225 x 8
275 x 8
245 x 8
225 x 8

SLDL
135 x 8
225 x 8
245 x 8
225 x 8

Decline sIT uP
BW+10 x 12
BW+10 x 10

Stiff Leg Raises
BW x 12

Cardio
MISS, 9 degree incline walk @ 3.5 MPH, 1 mile, 175 cals burned.

Was pretty damn shot.

Went home and tried to take these progress pics for Berto after getting some eatz and a shower in.

Shakiness from workout + self timer on camera = lose

Lil bro got home and snapped a few for me but the angles/posing were awful lol.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87048.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87059.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87060.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87063.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87064.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87065.jpg

Blazed
10-19-2009, 02:06 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87038.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87039.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87041.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87042.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87043.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87044.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87046.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87047.jpg

J_Bo
10-19-2009, 02:14 PM
WOW! Looking Awesome. I'm loving that side tricep. Hammies are coming out nicely, and the christmas tree is starting to break through! Great work all around!

Sean15782
10-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Nice! You show improvement in every set of pictures, which is awesome! Your arms are just plain freaky from the side.

The Front and Rear Lat Spread still need work.
- Front Lat Spread: the hands are placed too high. Lower them so they are in line with the top of your belly button (the narrowest part of your torso) This will allow you to get the lats out better and maximize that taper,
- Rear Lat Spread: You are much wider than this pose is showing! It looks like you are retracting the lats, as if you're dong a cable row... Remember to take that deep breath in, pop the chest up and spread them out!

The most muscular looks awesome!

scoobysnacks
10-19-2009, 02:35 PM
I agree with Sean your rear lat spread is locked up.

Also at this lean in the game consider more refeeding (Im not sure how many times you are). This is the most depleted looking Ive seen you. This is a fragile time where muscle can be lost rapidly. Maybe need more high days than you have been doing. Just a suggestion, if anything else it will force you to think about it.

Otherwise nice work and pesistence.

Young9
10-19-2009, 03:28 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=399463391&postcount=6183

cawiau
10-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Incredible bro, just incredible :eek::eek::eek::eek:

stayfit2008
10-19-2009, 04:30 PM
I agree with Sean your rear lat spread is locked up.

Also at this lean in the game consider more refeeding (Im not sure how many times you are). This is the most depleted looking Ive seen you. This is a fragile time where muscle can be lost rapidly. Maybe need more high days than you have been doing. Just a suggestion, if anything else it will force you to think about it.

Otherwise nice work and pesistence.

^^^^^ This! It's amazing how you can still come in uber lean but muscles uber full as well! Very touchy time here,..I'm telling you this from experience.

Blazed
10-19-2009, 04:53 PM

That's how I feel but Berto has me on this schedule =o

I still have a good amount of fat to lose.

jked4life
10-19-2009, 06:36 PM
You look leaner in each picture. Very nice work and good luck over the next few weeks!

scoobysnacks
10-19-2009, 09:04 PM
That's how I feel but Berto has me on this schedule =o

I still have a good amount of fat to lose.

oh then by all means he is the man, I was just chiming in on what I thought I was seeing, he knows best as he has been working with you and monitoring your pics and progress more than me. Carry on!

Blazed
10-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the comments and feedback guys, its very much appreciated.

Woke up today at a new low of 175.0lbs.

YEA BUDDY!

Got in the gym for a short cardio session and some shoulder/arm/calf training. Along with posing practice.

DB Curls SS'd w/
15's x 12
25's x 10
45's x 8
40's x 8
35's x 8
35's x 8

Side Lateral Raises
15's x 12
25's x 10
45's x 8
40's x 8
35's x 8
35's x 8

Dips
BW x 12
BW x 10

Skull Crushers
70 x 8
50 x 8

Calf Raises
215 x 20
355 x 20
315 x 12

Done and done.

Home for some posing practice

Blazed
10-20-2009, 03:24 PM
I was not aware that the Worlds in NYC on Nov 14th is not a Pro only show.

Its one week after the USBF/OCB show and a 45 minute drive instead of 6 hours.

Thoughts?

I havent submited my app for the 7th, and came across the site.

AustrianOakJr
10-20-2009, 04:51 PM
I was not aware that the Worlds in NYC on Nov 14th is not a Pro only show.

Its one week after the USBF/OCB show and a 45 minute drive instead of 6 hours.

Thoughts?

I havent submited my app for the 7th, and came across the site.

I hear the worlds is an amazing experience. I would imagine the competition is pretty tough. You could look at that two ways......a place to learn a whole lot and see different levels of comp......or if youre real nervous, you might put undue stress on yourself about stepping up with the big boys. Depends on your personality, I guess. I would love to go though. If nothing else to see some of the ranked pros from all over. Get some real inspiration. Why not do both back to back? I tell you, I am glad I did two back to back. The first one I missed my peak, but the second allowed me to dial things in and I looked much better.

Blazed
10-20-2009, 04:52 PM
$$ =/

AustrianOakJr
10-20-2009, 04:55 PM
$$ =/

Borrow it! Hit the rents up! Side jobs. Rob a bank. You dieted FOREVER. Get a couple in and enjoy it man. Im telling you as I sit here contemplating the fact that I might be done for the year, its kind of depressing. I want to hit another to make the most of it. Trust me, you'll feel the same......

Whomper107
10-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Borrow it! Hit the rents up! Side jobs. Rob a bank. You dieted FOREVER. Get a couple in and enjoy it man. Im telling you as I sit here contemplating the fact that I might be done for the year, its kind of depressing. I want to hit another to make the most of it. Trust me, you'll feel the same......

I agree - do 2 shows minimum, more if you can manage it. I regret only doing 2, especially since one of them was such a joke. Money is always an issue, but in the end we're not talking about that much here - get a job, or borrow it!

Blazed
10-21-2009, 05:55 AM
*Huge update*

I found out yesterday that I am eligible to compete in the 2009 MuscleTech INBF/WNBF World Championships Novemeber 14th.

I no longer have to drive 350 miles to compete and a lot of friends that otherwise wouldn't be able to make it can now see me compete.

I spoke with Berto and he thinks its a great idea!

w000h000

Happy Paul =)

The Solution
10-21-2009, 05:57 AM
Ill be there to support ya big man! Looking forward to the show, and of course the eats Post-Contest, lets hope you don't fall into a coma like Oak did ;)

AustrianOakJr
10-21-2009, 06:44 AM
Ill be there to support ya big man! Looking forward to the show, and of course the eats Post-Contest, lets hope you don't fall into a coma like Oak did ;)

Hey, it wasnt a coma......it was more like a paralyzation of my entire lower body. ;)

*Huge update*

I found out yesterday that I am eligible to compete in the 2009 MuscleTech INBF/WNBF World Championships Novemeber 14th.

I no longer have to drive 350 miles to compete and a lot of friends that otherwise wouldn't be able to make it can now see me compete.

I spoke with Berto and he thinks its a great idea!

w000h000

Happy Paul =)
So no more potential show down? Bummer.....was looking forward to meeting the man who gave me protein pancakes. I was gonna bring one along for you to critique! ;)

Good luck at the worlds.

J_Bo
10-21-2009, 07:35 AM
So no more potential show down? Bummer.....was looking forward to meeting the man who gave me protein pancakes. I was gonna bring one along for you to critique! ;)

Good luck at the worlds.

But what would you have put in it to ensure that he didn't beat you?

Blazed
10-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Superdrol for teh pumpz

RooRooTJ
10-21-2009, 08:24 AM
So are you doing both shows now or just the one?

Blazed
10-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Just the Worlds. Unless something changes in the next few days. Like winning the lottery?

AustrianOakJr
10-21-2009, 08:53 AM
But what would you have put in it to ensure that he didn't beat you?

What? I always add valium to my protein pancakes. :)

Pat1Connors
10-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Transformation is mind boggling dude. Great work. No more nov 7th show? Anyone else from here going to that show? I'm gonnabe competing Teens, first show ever. Good luck at the Worlds though! I might go to that to watch. unless they have a Teens? haha

Joe Go
10-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Great transformation Blazed! You worked hard. I can't wait to see how Berto fills you out.

Young9
10-22-2009, 11:00 PM
We want AL Green

Not no Bobby Brown!

straight from the town

tell um Blazed

we got that GOOD!

Blazed
10-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Gracias =)

So its been pretty epic.

My last training session was amazing.

Chest/upper back/calves/cardio/posing

45 Minutes LISS Walking on treadmill

Calf Raises
215 x 20
395 x 15
355 x 15
315 x 15

35 Minutes MISS

Pullups (SS'd with BB Bench)
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8 (set PR)
BW x 8 "
BW x 8 "

BB Bench
45 x 20
135 x 8
155 x 8
185 x 8
225 x 6 (Pr)
185 x 8
155 x 8
155 x 8
135 x 7

Dips (SS'd w/ cable rows)
BW x 10
BW x 8
BW x 9

Cable Rows (V Grip)
180 x 8
165 x 8
150 x 8
150 x 8

Then an awesome posing practice session with a SHW NPC Competitor that runs my gym.

Spend 30+ minutes running through the mandatories over and over again. Tons of tips and advice. Hopefully I can meet up with Maurice a few more times and beast a few more of these sessions.

Blazed
10-24-2009, 06:36 AM
That was 2 days ago.

Yesterday was a complete disaster.

J_Bo
10-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Wow Bench Press PR this deep in!?

Atta boy!

That was 2 days ago.

Yesterday was a complete disaster.

Why so?

Joe Go
10-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Nice avatar! LOL.

Quelly
10-24-2009, 11:38 AM
blazed you are looking sick in those updates! And I think you will do quite well in the amateur worlds!

Blazed
10-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Wow Bench Press PR this deep in!?

Atta boy!

Why so?

My housemate came home from work last night with a big bag of leftover Starbucks pastries and I practically inhaled them.

Nice avatar! LOL.

Thanks, too bad its a better representation of my physique from the previous one.

blazed you are looking sick in those updates! And I think you will do quite well in the amateur worlds!

24 hours ago I would have agreed with you.

Morning Weight - 186.2lbs

Nutrition Yesterday - 190/1100/370 ~7500 cals

I'm not going to dwell on it too much past this post. I had something really good going and I chose what I wanted in the moment over what I wanted to most. Quite a ****ty feeling. I emailed Berto this morning informing him of my royal **** up. Needless to say I screwed up the plan he had for dialing me in for Worlds.

Going to try my best to do some damage control over the next 3 1/2 days.

I feel like I've not only let myself down but everyone that's been following along on this prep. Learn from my mistake, don't BINGE!!

Hit the gym today with a mindset that I will destroy the session.

Warm Up Cardio
Treadmill, 8.0 Incline, LISS--->MISS--->LISS
35 Minutes, 2 Miles, ~350 cals burned

Squats (ass to grass)
45 x 12
135 x 12
225 x 8
275 x 9 (PR?)
245 x 8 (W/ Pause at bottom)
225 x 8 ( " " )

SLDL
135 x 12
225 x 8
315 x 6 (PR)
225 x 8 (Reverse grip)
135 x 8

Stiff Leg Raises
BW x 15
BW x 12

PWO Cardio
20 minutes, 7.0 incline, 3.5 MPH, ~200 cals burned

Drank a gallon of water during the workout with about 50g of Xtend mixed in.

J_Bo
10-24-2009, 03:20 PM
See! The pastries gave you energy to have an awesom leg day! Nice work on the SLDL's!

Dude, you remember last time you slipped, you ended up fine. You've got three weeks and you'll do awesome. Maybe it'll kick your metabolism into high gear and actually help out down the stretch...

Quelly
10-24-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm not going to dwell on it too much past this post. I had something really good going and I chose what I wanted in the moment over what I wanted to most. Quite a ****ty feeling. I emailed Berto this morning informing him of my royal **** up. Needless to say I screwed up the plan he had for dialing me in for Worlds.

Going to try my best to do some damage control over the next 3 1/2 days.

I feel like I've not only let myself down but everyone that's been following along on this prep. Learn from my mistake, don't BINGE!!

Dude, you didn't screw up his plan, you probably just changed it from dieting up, to keeping it tight for the next 7 weeks, end result will be the same, you on stage at your best.

The ****ty feelings, self deprecation, and feeling like you somehow let us down will do more damage than the food.

Trust me, one huge overfeeding day will only bloat you, it won't actually add body fat. I competed in 5 shows this season, and I ate through the whole weekend after the last 3 shows and I showed up in better condition every successive show I did. You're fine. Just bust your ass stay the course, and show up to do damage at worlds!

Blazed
10-24-2009, 03:26 PM
You should be a motivational speaker Big E!

J, I'll try to remember that secret on my bulk. Pastries = PR's?

Edit: Oh Noes, they removed my Michelin Man pic!!!

FATHER FLEX
10-24-2009, 04:27 PM
The ****ty feelings, self deprecation, and feeling like you somehow let us down will do more damage than the food.

Well said Eric. Notice I am not to worried about the binge and the results, but more so getting you stable again. That is were the real damage lies. Get on your feet bro. :) Limping, but we are going to make it.

J_Bo
10-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Well said Eric. Notice I am not to worried about the binge and the results, but more so getting you stable again. That is were the real damage lies. Get on your feet bro. :) Limping, but we are going to make it.

Or as my high school football coach used to say, "Dobber up!"

FATHER FLEX
10-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Dobber up!

Blazed
10-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Doobing......er dobing it up ;)

Finished today off at 26/22/197

Hitting up Bev Francis's Golds, or is it Powerhouse now? tomorrow for a training session with a friend from another board.

Its normally shoulders/arms/calves but I'm thinking I might be better off training a larger muscle group such as chest/back/shoulders/calves instead since my glycogen is full right now. Take monday off as planned and restart the lifting cycle on tuesday.

jked4life
10-25-2009, 04:48 AM
Doobing......er dobing it up ;)

Finished today off at 26/22/197

Hitting up Bev Francis's Golds, or is it Powerhouse now? tomorrow for a training session with a friend from another board.

Its normally shoulders/arms/calves but I'm thinking I might be better off training a larger muscle group such as chest/back/shoulders/calves instead since my glycogen is full right now. Take monday off as planned and restart the lifting cycle on tuesday.

Go get ir done! Judging by those macro's, damage control looks painful :eek: I'm hoping my will is strong once I'm literally starving everyday.

That sounds smart to hit some larger muscles with those full glycogen stores. Might as well take advantage of that boost.

Blazed
10-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Morning weight 179.2lbs (-7lbs of bloat from yesterday)

Hit up Bev Francis Powerhouse today.

BB Bench (SS'd with Pullups)
45 x 20
135 x 8
185 x 8
225 x 3+1
205 x 8
185 x 8
135 x 12 (Nice and slow, good MMC)

PullUps
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8

Dips
BW x 10
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8

Cable Rows
160 x 10 narrow grip
150 x 10 narrow grip
120 x 12 wide grip

Calf Raises
300 x 12
300 x 12
330 x 10

Done and done.

Solid session. I think it was a good call hitting this instead of appendages.

Going for a leisurely bike ride today since the weather is nice.

Quelly
10-25-2009, 12:35 PM
lost 7lbs...told you it wasnt fat :)

J_Bo
10-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Way to dobber up, brah!

Blazed
10-25-2009, 01:01 PM
lost 7lbs...told you it wasnt fat :)

Well yea, it takes ~4000 excess calories after your glycogen has been topped off to gain ~1lb of fat. I had 7500 cals. ~2000 maintenance, so 5500 over but I'm sure a good amount of those carbs got shuttled into muscle. At the very worst I could have gained 1lb, which is still quite the setback when each .5lb is a fight.

Way to dobber up, brah!

Game face.

PHRICK
10-25-2009, 01:14 PM
hey man great job you dont know it but you motivate people to push even harder... i have a question does anyone know of any natural shows in ny city area???? for around mmm may,june 2010???? i want to do my first show but i cant find one to do around that time

AustrianOakJr
10-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Well yea, it takes ~4000 excess calories after your glycogen has been topped off to gain ~1lb of fat. I had 7500 cals. ~2000 maintenance, so 5500 over but I'm sure a good amount of those carbs got shuttled into muscle. At the very worst I could have gained 1lb, which is still quite the setback when each .5lb is a fight.

Dude, after the show in Buffalo, i fed my face for 24 hrs. I ate so much that my stomach was chock full all day long and I kept eating more. Gained 8 lbs. I lost 7 of that within 4 days. So, in that extreme case, I think I put on a lb of fat. I highly doubt you matched my eating frenzy. Keep it cranking and put that glycogen to good work.

Im off to make some swedish meatballs. Ever done those? I got a recipe from my mom and it looks pretty good with turkey, lipton soup mix, whole grain bread crumbs, eggs, etc.

Blazed
10-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Mmmm sounds amazing. I'll need that recipe after Worlds ;)

I have 4.3lbs to drop before I'm at a new low again. Its only been one day so far. We'll see how I look tomorrow morning. It took about 36 hours to drop 7.2lbs of the bloat and for the grainyness and vascularity to come back full force.

AustrianOakJr
10-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Mmmm sounds amazing. I'll need that recipe after Worlds ;)

I have 4.3lbs to drop before I'm at a new low again. Its only been one day so far. We'll see how I look tomorrow morning. It took about 36 hours to drop 7.2lbs of the bloat and for the grainyness and vascularity to come back full force.

Oh yea. Comes back quick if you hit the weights hard.....especially if do some HIIT to blow through the glycogen storage.

I just got done with my meatballs. Its definately a contest prep friendly macro profile. Real low fat. Technically, im still prepping.....just keeping things closer to maintenance until we make a decision about Syracuse.

With all the gravy, the recipe comes out to be about 119 P, 79 C, 6.5 F. Obviously, double check depending on what type of bread crumbs, flour, etc you use. I just ate half of it over a little bit of rice and im pretty dang full.....my wife couldnt even finish her half.

1 lb of 99% FF ground turkey
1 box of Lipton onion soup/dip mix
1/2 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs
1/8 cup of whole wheat flour
1 egg
1/4 c egg whites
salt and pepper

1. Take the meat, 1 packet lipton (theres 2 in the box), bread crumbs, and the egg and egg whites and mix it all up in a bowl. Salt and pepper to your liking. Theres your meatballs.

2. Skim coat a frying pan with olive oil, smart balance, pam, whatever.......and brown the meatballs. Dont cook all the way.

3. Once the meatballs are browned, take them out and leave the left over meat juices and bits in the pan. Add about 1.5 cups of water to the pan and mix in the other packet of lipton. Let that water heat up a bit.

4. Meanwhile, mix up the 1/8 C flour with enough water to make it a milky consistency. Pour that mix in with your lipton/water mix. Once it thickens, you've got your gravy.

5. Add the meatballs back in to the gravy and let them simmer until theyre done. I also added a few mushrooms.

6. Serve over rice, pasta, or eat as-is.

Blazed
10-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Sounds amazing. Will be making these when I'm back to "normal" macros lol.

Blazed
10-25-2009, 06:58 PM
~48 hours after consuming 200g of fat and 1100g of carbs.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87133.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87135.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87136.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87137.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87138.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87142.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87148.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87149.jpg

The posing sucks. I'm shot and was just messing around before hoping in the shower. I need to see how the bloat goes away these next few days.

J_Bo
10-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Dang! I don't think I'd be worrying about your accidental refeed. You are looking hard ...and def. don't have any extra fat on you from the last pics!

Blazed
10-26-2009, 06:49 AM
Morning weight 175.8lbs (-10.4lbs since Sat morning)

1lb till Ii'm back at a new low =0 I haven't had a BM since Saturday.

Young9
10-26-2009, 06:51 AM
I haven't had a BM since Saturday.

thats because on SAturday you went 10 times!!! lol

Quelly
10-26-2009, 11:07 AM
1lbs away w/o a bm...i bet your already leaner than you were before...and according to pics...yeah...still shredded lol

AustrianOakJr
10-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Morning weight 175.8lbs (-10.4lbs since Sat morning)

1lb till Ii'm back at a new low =0 I haven't had a BM since Saturday.

Does anyone else run into this. "They" say that you should have a BM every day. Sometimes, I do......but more often the BM really follows my refeeds. Is it normal for BM's to not be real regular when youre in a calorie deficit? Does it follow metabolism or just shear quantity of food?

Funny as a BB'er you take notice of this and recognize quickly that the weight drop on the scale corresponds to BM. For me, the weight will stay the same as fat drops and bowels back up in the intestine. Then, you drop the load and the next day the scale drops....rinse and repeat. Real cyclical effect.

Anways......

Blazed......you dont look bloated......as in spilled. You might be holding a little more water than normal, but not spilled. Really, up until a week ago, I didnt know what "spilled" looked like. There are days when normal water retention between the skin is more than others.....but thats not spill over (as in the muscle cant hold any more glycogen). You KNOW when youre spilled. Tommy told me this on the phone one night before peak week and I was looking for it, looking for it, looking......and then I thought I spilled one time. But after the Olympus, I ate, and ate, and ate some more......then I went back and ate some more.....pizza, wings, candy, donuts, etc. Got back to my hotel and took my shirt off........"OH. THATS what spilled looks like!" :). You completely lose ab definition, like you were a fat ass again. Couldnt see my abs even when flexing and could literally see a sheet of water over them.

debrovnik
10-26-2009, 12:52 PM
mko

Blazed
10-26-2009, 01:13 PM
1lbs away w/o a bm...i bet your already leaner than you were before...and according to pics...yeah...still shredded lol

Haha, thanks for having faith in me lol.

Does anyone else run into this. "They" say that you should have a BM every day. Sometimes, I do......but more often the BM really follows my refeeds. Is it normal for BM's to not be real regular when youre in a calorie deficit? Does it follow metabolism or just shear quantity of food?

Funny as a BB'er you take notice of this and recognize quickly that the weight drop on the scale corresponds to BM. For me, the weight will stay the same as fat drops and bowels back up in the intestine. Then, you drop the load and the next day the scale drops....rinse and repeat. Real cyclical effect.

Anways......

Blazed......you dont look bloated......as in spilled. You might be holding a little more water than normal, but not spilled. Really, up until a week ago, I didnt know what "spilled" looked like. There are days when normal water retention between the skin is more than others.....but thats not spill over (as in the muscle cant hold any more glycogen). You KNOW when youre spilled. Tommy told me this on the phone one night before peak week and I was looking for it, looking for it, looking......and then I thought I spilled one time. But after the Olympus, I ate, and ate, and ate some more......then I went back and ate some more.....pizza, wings, candy, donuts, etc. Got back to my hotel and took my shirt off........"OH. THATS what spilled looks like!" :). You completely lose ab definition, like you were a fat ass again. Couldnt see my abs even when flexing and could literally see a sheet of water over them.

I think BM's follow quantity of food and fiber in your diet. If your drinking shakes for all of your meals, I doubt you will be pooping much even eating at maintenance. On the other hand if you are eating very voluminous/fibrous foods even on prep you will be poopin a lot more. I also noticed water intake is clutch when I'm having a hard time getting a BM going.

PS First post in newest section on BB.com!

jked4life
10-26-2009, 01:23 PM

Anways......

Well, in the offseason I'm as regular as regular can be! Usually 2X daily in fact.

As soon as I hit a caloric deficit, everything slows down a lot. I'm averaging one a day still, but the volume is waaaaaay decreased. Almost nothing at all. I certainly eat enough fiber too.

Gotta love the poopy talk.

quest-x
10-26-2009, 07:51 PM
test

debrovnik
10-27-2009, 03:53 AM
test

Blazed
10-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Well I woke up 177.8 this morning. Prolly due to saving most of my calories for the afternoon/evening. Oh and lots of pickles have been consumed. This is my fourth and last day at ~1300 cals.

Hit an epic session after school.

Cardio
Liss --> Miss, 35 min, 350 cals burned, treadmill 8.0 incline 3.7 MPH, 2 miles.

Calf Raises
215 x 20
395 x 12
355 x 12
315 x 14

RC Prehab

Cable Rows
115 x 20
135 x 12

DB Bench
35's x 20
45's x 12

Side Lateral Raises
35's x 8
35's x 8

Cable Rows
195 x 8
180 x 8
165 x 8
150 x 8

DB Bench
80's x 9
80's x 8
80's x 8

Pull Ups
BW x 8
BW x 8

Lat Pull Downs
165 x 8
150 x 8
135 x 8
135 x 8

Dips
BW x 12
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 8

Cable Cross Overs
50 per side x 12
70 per side x 8
60 per side x 8
50 per side x 10

PWO Cardio
10 Minutes LISS to warm up
6 intervals 40 seconds @ 3.5 MPH/ 20 seconds @ 10.2 MPH both @ 5.0 Incline
7 Minutes Cooldown 3.5 MPH @ 5.0 Incline

Done and done.

~30g BCAA's during that session.

Drank a crap ton of water as well.

Blazed
10-27-2009, 10:34 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/newestavatar.jpg

Young9
10-27-2009, 10:50 PM
lookin SICK paul :eek:

FATHER FLEX
10-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Sick!

Joe Go
10-28-2009, 12:29 AM
I agree with everyone else. Sick!

AniMaLizTik
10-28-2009, 03:28 AM
http://foodcourtlunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/sick.jpg

J_Bo
10-28-2009, 05:03 AM
^^^ x2!!! :D

bballbrett5
10-28-2009, 08:10 AM
reminiscient of that one Jim Cordova picture. though he's just SLIGHTLY more muscular

RooRooTJ
10-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Man keep it going. That last pic is awesome looking.

J_Bo
10-28-2009, 08:15 AM
I know we all know what you've accomplished... but I just have reitterate how amazing this is, because These two pics are of the same guy :eek:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/122706_10511.jpghttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/newestavatar.jpg

RooRooTJ
10-28-2009, 08:39 AM
I know we all know what you've accomplished... but I just have reitterate how amazing this is, because These two pics are of the same guy :eek:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/122706_10511.jpghttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/newestavatar.jpg

The first one looks like he ate the second one haha

Work-Hard
10-28-2009, 11:42 AM
I haven't been in here in a while but every time I peek in your progress is jaw dropping. Your definately shredded, if you nail your posing you will be hard to beat!

jked4life
10-28-2009, 12:33 PM

Completely amazing! You've come such a long way in a relatively short time.

Blazed
10-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Don't fill my head with this crap now ;)

Must lose ass fat!!

Morning weight 179.6lbs +2 again lol. Maybe it was the 9,000mg of sodium. Who knows. I hit my numbers perfectly lol.

Felt fuller today but a little soft.

I promised Nick a widowmaker today. I'm also a one upper.

Warm Up Cardio
10 Minutes Treadmill, 7.5 Incline, 3.6 MPH, 101 Cals burned.

Squats
45 x 15
135 x 12
225 x 21 (PR)
245 x 5
225 x 8

SLDL
135 x 10
225 x 8
225 x 8
135 x 8

Stiff Leg Raises
BW x 15

Cardio
7 Minutes HIIT + 5 Minute cooldown.

Completely shot!

Oh how I missed having pancakes for breakfast, and PWO!

Blazed
10-28-2009, 09:34 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87154.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87155.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87157.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87160.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87162.jpg

Blazed
10-28-2009, 09:35 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87163.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87165.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87166.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87167.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87172.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87173.jpg

SkNatural
10-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Keep Pushing Brother!!! 17 Days!!! Do it!!!

Blazed
10-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Doing work, which side tri angle is better?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87156.jpg

or the one in the previous post?

SkNatural
10-28-2009, 10:22 PM
The one in the previous post looks better to me, everything looks bigger.

Quelly
10-29-2009, 12:53 AM
The one in the previous post looks better to me, everything looks bigger.

agreed, and nice widowmaker +1...and stop eating so much salt lol

AustrianOakJr
10-29-2009, 04:30 AM
Obliques look AWESOME. And the second side tri shows off your obliques better than the first.....but being that the main purpose of the pose it to show the tri....the first pose is better.

Young9
10-29-2009, 07:16 AM
pics look good bro...second tri-shot for sure...like scott said..everything looks bigger

and you had to go an one up me huh? I bet yours wasnt after 200 step lunges...jus sayin ;)

J_Bo
10-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Obliques look AWESOME. And the second side tri shows off your obliques better than the first.....but being that the main purpose of the pose it to show the tri....the first pose is better.

This is what I was thinkin'...

AustrianOakJr
10-29-2009, 08:14 AM
This is what I was thinkin'...

Youre a smart man. ;)

Fjock
10-29-2009, 08:39 AM
damn blazed.... whenever I find time to drop in here these days your newest pics are always jaw dropping man. Your progress is unrivaled based on where you started. Ur extremely close now bro, finish this **** and whoop some ass!

FATHER FLEX
10-29-2009, 09:01 AM
Striated glutes! That is all! :D

J_Bo
10-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Striated glutes! That is all! :D

hmmm... guess he should stay away from the butt pump for a while If he wants the stryration!

FATHER FLEX
10-29-2009, 11:54 AM
hmmm... guess he should stay away from the butt pump for a while If he wants the stryration!

He has got them. :) Serious!

J_Bo
10-29-2009, 12:04 PM

NICE! That's what I like to hear :D

antmun
10-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Wow, very impressive transformation. Definitely given me tons of inspiration looking at your log. Keep it up and good luck in your comp. Regardless of the outcome, you've already won in my book.

Young9
10-29-2009, 02:41 PM

prove it P-money!

jked4life
10-29-2009, 03:05 PM

That's awesome! Nice work brah.

Every day when I do my cardio, I'm thinking about the gettin the striationz

Blazed
10-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey all thanks for the comments lol.

Wtf is a butt pump?

I just got my posing trunks ordered a few minutes ago. They are getting shipped out tomorrow.

I need help. Is one 8.5oz bottle of Protan Overnight Competition Color enough??

Blazed
10-29-2009, 09:33 PM
My gf just baked 40+ cupcakes with various icings and toppings for a Halloween party at work. AHHHHHHHHHHH

J_Bo
10-29-2009, 09:45 PM
My gf just baked 40+ cupcakes with various icings and toppings for a Halloween party at work. AHHHHHHHHHHH

Stay strong, my brutha!

Quelly
10-30-2009, 01:00 AM

call in sick...and do cardio lol

COZ999
10-30-2009, 05:46 AM
lick the icing and then spit it out!

Blazed
10-30-2009, 02:12 PM
I took a bite, savored the flavor and spit it out.

Heres todays refeed.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87188.jpg

No bake brownies and cinnamon apple oatmeal squares with sf blueberry jam and coolwhip free on top.

Nom nom nom

And a carrot cake cliff bar with 1tbsp of Natty chunky PB and coolwhip free on top for good measure.

bballbrett5
10-30-2009, 02:35 PM
you were holding some lower back fat before, but it's really coming in now!!!!! exciting!

MoEcho
10-31-2009, 05:45 AM
you were holding some lower back fat before, but it's really coming in now!!!!! exciting!

^^ X2!!

Except....

The refeed pics above are pretty friggin' exciting too! :D YUM!

jked4life
10-31-2009, 06:23 AM
That's some refeed, lol. Love the cooking that's going on in here. I really have to step it up in that department.

My wife usually does all of the cooking but I think I need to shoulder some of the responsibility to create some really cool bbing friendly dishes. We eat pretty good anyways, but I don't think she really appreciates "cooking to hit my macro's"

Those uppity Long Island girls... sheesh. :D

Blazed
10-31-2009, 01:09 PM
YEA BUDDY!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87209.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87210.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87211.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87212.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87213.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87214.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87215.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87216.jpg

Blazed
10-31-2009, 01:10 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87217.jpg

J_Bo
10-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Yes SIREE!

Lookin rock hard, Mister!

MoEcho
10-31-2009, 01:29 PM
^^ NICE!! In for the WIN!! :)

COZ999
10-31-2009, 03:08 PM
right on bro, told u that "refeed" would do you well LOL!

jked4life
10-31-2009, 05:07 PM
You sir, are one lean SOB.

Young9
10-31-2009, 07:33 PM
you aint lean...you are shredddddded!

and I told you the gym would watch your baby :D

stayfit2008
10-31-2009, 08:02 PM
It's obvious your in it to win it!

AustrianOakJr
11-01-2009, 06:49 AM
I took a bite, savored the flavor and spit it out.

Heres todays refeed.

No bake brownies and cinnamon apple oatmeal squares with sf blueberry jam and coolwhip free on top.

Nom nom nom

And a carrot cake cliff bar with 1tbsp of Natty chunky PB and coolwhip free on top for good measure.

Nice refeed!! Thats awesome. Is there a reason other than taste that you go with a higher glycemic carb for refeeds?

Also, you cant post pics like that without recipes. Im gonna boycott this thread if this keeps up.

BTW, pics look un-freakin-believable. Legs are dialed, man. Congrats. You have really achieved something that most people could not even imagine doing. Im honestly just pumped up for you, just seeing your pics, and im anxious to see how you do in the worlds. Wish I could be there.

P.S. I did the "taste and spit" thing once during my prep and decided I was heading into "mental case" land.....so im glad to see someone else has tried this!! :)

Blazed
11-01-2009, 08:14 AM
Yes SIREE!

Lookin rock hard, Mister!

^^ NICE!! In for the WIN!! :)

right on bro, told u that "refeed" would do you well LOL!

You sir, are one lean SOB.

you aint lean...you are shredddddded!

and I told you the gym would watch your baby :D

It's obvious your in it to win it!

Thanks Guys!

Nice refeed!! Thats awesome. Is there a reason other than taste that you go with a higher glycemic carb for refeeds?

Also, you cant post pics like that without recipes. Im gonna boycott this thread if this keeps up.

BTW, pics look un-freakin-believable. Legs are dialed, man. Congrats. You have really achieved something that most people could not even imagine doing. Im honestly just pumped up for you, just seeing your pics, and im anxious to see how you do in the worlds. Wish I could be there.

P.S. I did the "taste and spit" thing once during my prep and decided I was heading into "mental case" land.....so im glad to see someone else has tried this!! :)

I've posted the recipe for the brownies in here.

The oatmeal squats where

1/2c egg whites, 2 scoops van whey, 100g Oats, 1/2c cinnamon apple unsweetened applesauce, cinnamon, pumpkin spice. Pop the globs on a pamed cookie dish and bake till edges turn brown, should be moist in center. They came out bomb. Think it was ~350 degrees 10-15 minutes.

Blazed
11-01-2009, 08:15 AM
178.2 Today

Yesterdays training was chest/upper back/calves/cardio looked something like this =)

Car broke down on Thursday night. My ignition coilpack went bad, which led to an engine missfire which led to a fried catalytic converter. I donno what to do because I don't Have $$ for the repairs =(

My gym is 5.3 miles away from my house.

Cardio
Bike ride to gym, ~12-15mph Pace (with the wind)

calf raises
215 x 20
395 x 12
355 x 13
315 x 15

Pull Up (ss'd w/ bench)
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 6
BW x 5

BB Bench
45 x 20
135 x 10
185 x 8
185 x 8
135 x 8

Cable Row
135 x 12
150 x 8
165 x 8
180 x 8

Dips
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 8

Some posing practice

Cardio
Bike Ride home, 10-12MPH pace, against the crazy wind.

Finished the day off at 30/139/198

Today I woke up at 179.2 and dropped to 178.2 after an overdue BM. Down 3 lbs from yesterday. Looking flatter too.

Got some eggwhite/protein/TJ's bakink mix pancakes w/ sf maple syrup in me for breakfast.

Have to bike to the gym for quads/hams/glutes/abs and then bike back. These 10.6 mile rides to the gym make cardio a breeze.

Blazed
11-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Wow what a hectic couple of days.

Between car breaking down, drama on the home front, and scrambling to get everything ready for the show, school, work, training, prepping meals, practicing posing, I have had very little time to update.

I spent all day in Brooklyn on Monday getting my car fixed up. Turned out it was a bad ignition coil and spark plugs which were causing 3 of my 4 cylinders to misfire. Shes running great but I still need new front tires before I can pass my overdue inspection lol =(

I got back to LI late and hit a quick lower session.

Warm Up Cardio
35 minutes precor freemotion, 12 resistance, 400 cals burned.

Squats
45 x a lot
135 x 12
225 x 8
225 x 8
225 x 8
135 x 8

SLDL
135 x 12
225 x 8
225 x 8 (reverse grip)
225 x 8
135 x 8

Decline Sit up
BW+10 x 15

Stiff Leg Raises
BW x 15

Done and done. Didn't eat all day so I had 75% of my cals for the day pre/post workout.

Morning weight on Tuesday 183 lbs! >..< Kind bugged about this all day. My posing trunks came in the mail and they did not look right the night before because I was ~186lbs going to bed.

Trained

Cardio
1H treadmill 3.5 MPH, 7.0 Incline, 650 calories burned

Calf Raises
215 x 20
395 x 15
355 x 15
315 x 15

Side Lateral Raises
15's x 12
25's x 12
45's x 8
40's x 8
35's x 8
35's x 8

DB Curls
15's x 12
25's x 12
45's x 8
40's x 8
35's x 8
35's x 8

Dips
BW x 12
BW+25 x 12 (PR)
BW+45 x 8 (pr?)
BW+25 x 10
BW x 15

Posing practice

Done and done.

Today is off day from the weights.

I have a date with the Precor Free-motion Elliptical for an epic LISS/MISS/HIIT/LISS Cardio session around 2 PM.

Morning weight today 180.8lbs (-2.2 from yest)

cawiau
11-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Seriously, my jaw just dropped to the floor! Freaking insane bro! :eek::eek:
DDDDDAAAAMMMNNNN :eek::eek:

Off to the gym right this minute, thanks for the motivation :)

Blazed
11-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Hit the gym for a solid Cardio + posing session

Treadmill - 30 minutes, 320 cals burned, 3.8MPH, 8.0 Incline, 130-135BPM HR

Precor Free-motion Elliptical - 5 minutes MISS -->10 Intervals 20 seconds @ 20 Resistance max effort/ 40 seconds @ 12 Resistance mod effort, 225 cals burned

Posing Practice.

debrovnik
11-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Looking crazy shredded!!!

Blahzay128
11-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Damn man...wheels are shredded.

It's amazing how improved your physique looks w/ the drop of a few pounds. really getting to that nitty gritty now.

jked4life
11-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Hang in there man and keep doing work! Glad the car got fixed. All the way to Brooklyn to get the car fixed huh. That's a long way to go for a mechanic.

RooRooTJ
11-05-2009, 04:58 AM
Almost time. All you hard work has shown and you only have a little bit more to go before you can relax again. We're all behind you here.

Joe Go
11-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Go for it Blazed. Have fun!

Blazed
11-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys!

I'm 8 days out from Worlds. Woke up at 177.8lbs today. Sitting at 177.2 after breakfast. Been extremely busy the past 2 days.

The drive to Syracuse was crazy, snow storms, fog, and construction. I'm hungry =o

AustrianOakJr
11-06-2009, 10:05 AM
The drive to Syracuse was crazy, snow storms, fog, and construction. I'm hungry =o

So youre doing it???? Or...you jokin about driving to the cuse?

Blazed
11-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Answer my PM son. I wanted to cheer you on, and my best friend who I haven't seen in a long time is living up here since he graduated college. I promised him I would visit this weekend and he took off work months ago, I felt obligated to show up regardless of competing or not.

AustrianOakJr
11-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Answer my PM son. I wanted to cheer you on, and my best friend who I haven't seen in a long time is living up here since he graduated college. I promised him I would visit this weekend and he took off work months ago, I felt obligated to show up regardless of competing or not.

WHAAAAA??? You made the drive and arent doing the show??? DUDE!!! Why not just get up there and do it? Good warm up for the worlds......you know you can just show up the morning of and sign up......75 bucks and you are in. Probably spent twice that on gas!

Either way, thats cool, man. It will be good to have a cheering section. See you there!

Blazed
11-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Rawr.

So I got the inside scoop and theres 6 LHW's and like 15+ middleweights at this OCB show.

jked4life
11-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Rawr.

So I got the inside scoop and theres 6 LHW's and like 15+ middleweights at this OCB show.

Dang. That's a big group there. You guys have a blast!

user7878778786
11-07-2009, 03:53 PM
looking awesome, best of luck man.

Not sure if you've seen this, but this ad was on my myspace, probably one of the best compliments you can get!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/soadskater12/blazed.jpg

cawiau
11-07-2009, 04:00 PM
looking awesome, best of luck man.

Not sure if you've seen this, but this ad was on my myspace, probably one of the best compliments you can get!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/soadskater12/blazed.jpg

haha! LOL!
take it as a compliment bro ;)

Blazed
11-07-2009, 07:54 PM
They used my pic without permission. **** that.

So I have to say I am officially addicted to this shh.

Blazed is about to get blazed, but a full write up is in the works later tonight or tomorrow morning.

A few snaps.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87298.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87303.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87252.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87253.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87267.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87241.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87247.jpg

And the Results

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/XxH0LyWaRsxX/SNV87415.jpg

entropy1
11-07-2009, 08:07 PM
nice work!

Whomper107
11-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Nice job man! What are the official results? That trophy on the left definitely looks like some kind of overall...

BaFtub
11-07-2009, 11:04 PM
ill get you tomorrow. 200+ pics and vids plus backstage bonus lmaoooo. nice meeting you and the girl Paul. great job!

Squizzzer
11-08-2009, 12:17 AM
yeah buddy....good job man...congrats...