PDA

View Full Version : UFC 91 site, Randy looks huge now.

rvd1010
10-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Check it out, he looks way more big then he did the the promotional poster.

http://91.ufc.com/

NateDG72
10-28-2008, 09:03 AM
They resized his picture so it would look bigger next to Brock. Wait till you see the size difference at the weigh-ins and in the cage.

209vaughn
10-28-2008, 09:05 AM
They resized his picture so it would look bigger next to Brock. Wait till you see the size difference at the weigh-ins and in the cage.

Agreed. It's going to be a great fight.

sXeWarrior
10-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Lesnar is 265 and barely makes weight at Heavyweight.

Couture is 220 lbs.

Lesnar dwarfs Couture

Disenfranchised
10-28-2008, 10:27 AM
So size is the only thing that matters in MMA?

Not So Big
10-28-2008, 10:28 AM
And genetics and testicular fortitude.

RJackson89
10-28-2008, 10:29 AM

this^

djwolford
10-28-2008, 10:43 AM

No, but having an extra 70 lbs. on your opponent sure does help.

mophatthedamaja
10-28-2008, 10:45 AM
No, but having an extra 70 lbs. on your opponent sure does help.

yeah he didn't manhandle gonzaga at all

djwolford
10-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Well Gonzaga only has about 25 lbs. on Randy, and ten of that is body hair.

Disenfranchised
10-28-2008, 10:49 AM
How much did Tim Sylvia outweigh him by? Oh that's right....

:rolleyes:

mophatthedamaja
10-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Well Gonzaga only has about 25 lbs. on Randy, and ten of that is body hair.

bull****

at least 20 in bodyhair :D

gonzaga 6'4" 255

lesnar 6'2" 265

the only difference is lesnar's wrestling

djwolford
10-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Look, I'm not saying that Randy doesn't stand a chance because of the size difference, all I'm saying is that it's certainly an advantage Brock to be that much bigger. I'd personally never bet against Randy because he's the underdog almost every time he fights, and almost always comes out on top.

djwolford
10-28-2008, 11:00 AM

Also, Silvia is a whole different case because he's 6'8" and 260ish, which is quite a bit different than 6'2" and cutting from 290ish.

deadlift_405
10-28-2008, 11:04 AM
he isn't going to have 70 lbs on him my god.. Brock wont be fighting at 290lbs now come on. I admit that brock has size but whats good is that brock is't 6"4 or even 6"9 like tim silvia, randy i believe is only going to be 1 inch shorter than brock so i believe that helps him out a bit as well... randy is an amazing greco wrestler and I think brock was more of the freestyle type , with his experience and knowledge and brocks lack of experience, there is no way brock can take this.

jeffedge
Looking at that picture and not knowing it was altered a bit means you haaaaaaave to be retarded.

97srad750

Athletically that aren't on the same planet

Disenfranchised
10-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Athletically that aren't on the same planet

Sylvia is twice the fighter Lesnar ever will be.

DaeJ
10-28-2008, 11:08 AM
bull****

gonzaga 6'4" 255

lesnar 6'2" 265

You're assuming they both fight at what they weigh in on a different day...

Electric_Fishy
10-28-2008, 11:11 AM

I don't know about ever will be.

EdgarAllanPoe
10-28-2008, 11:15 AM
the diff between brock and gonzaga is brock is very athletic and quick.....couture had the quickness and elusiveness advantage over tim and gonzaga, i don't think that he'll have that advantage over brock.

i wouldn't be surprised to see couture win tho. Brock is still very very inexperienced and i think randy WILL capitalize on ANY opening or mistake brock gives him.

i hope it goes 5 rounds, i'm real excited for this fight.

Too bad Fedor isn't waiting to take on the winner of this fight.

lac38780
10-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Lesnar is huge and its a definate advantage but i wouldnt count randy out. He has an incredible amount of experience which includes fighting some pretty big guys. Either way there is no way Lesnar deserved a title fight. He is 1-1 in the UFC. Its turning into pro wrestling in that its all about the money not as in its fake.

DaeJ
10-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Lesnar is huge and its a definate advantage but i wouldnt count randy out. He has an incredible amount of experience which includes fighting some pretty big guys. Either way there is no way Lesnar deserved a title fight. He is 1-1 in the UFC. Its turning into pro wrestling in that its all about the money not as in its fake.
PRO WRESTLING IS FAKE?

BUT THE BLOOD

BG_1
10-28-2008, 11:19 AM
lol @ this thread

MXdawg2
10-28-2008, 11:21 AM

He was speaking in terms of athleticism. Apparently Brock's biggest asset in the inevitable onslaught of the HW division. I kid.

IzRiot
10-28-2008, 11:23 AM

Maybe than he is right now, but ever be? doubt that. not a lesnar fan, but that kid is not dumb, and he trains like a god, and has genetics that rival Hercules. kid has a shot if he ages well over the next few years.

sXeWarrior
10-28-2008, 11:27 AM
LOL Dis you're the one that said you can destroy Joe Rogan because your bigger than he is and now your saying size doesn't matter in MMA .

dude you really have problems

Bing
10-28-2008, 11:29 AM

Lesnar is going to slap you in the mouth and knock you off of Randy's wang at UFC 91. And yes size matters no matter what your GF says. Idiot.

DaeJ
10-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Lesnar is going to slap you in the mouth and knock you off of Randy's wang at UFC 91. And yes size matters no matter what your GF says. Idiot.
STRONG REGISTERED TROLL

MXdawg2
10-28-2008, 11:34 AM
STRONG REGISTERED TROLL

brb trollin

C Project
10-28-2008, 11:45 AM

Failure. I'll be sure to bump this when Couture knocks out Lesnar.

Rifter
10-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Randy doesn't look any different in this picture

http://www.thefightgame.tv/logos6/Randy_Couture_PDF.jpg

97srad750
10-28-2008, 01:48 PM

Bull****

EsB818
10-28-2008, 01:57 PM
I like Lesnar but I think Dana is pushing him too hard because he is a big name and sells tickets/ppv buys. Randy has alot going against him in this fight (he is much older, lighter, etc) but he pales Lesnar as far as big fight experience is concerned. After Randy hopefully beats Brock, Dana can have Brock fight on some undercards until he eventually earns a title shot by beating top opponents consistently instead of just getting big ppv buys.

guest89
10-28-2008, 02:07 PM
I like Lesnar but I think Dana is pushing him too hard because he is a big name and sells tickets/ppv buys. Randy has alot going against him in this fight (he is much older, lighter, etc) but he pales Lesnar as far as big fight experience is concerned. After Randy hopefully beats Brock, Dana can have Brock fight on some undercards until he eventually earns a title shot by beating top opponents consistently instead of just getting big ppv buys.

What pisses me off about Dana is he's doing almost the exact same thing Elite did with Kimbo. Find a fighter who already has a fan base and is willing to train & fight hard. Has a good physique/appearance and looks badass. Feed him fighters that you are confident he can beat all while hyping him up as a MMA superstar.

Granted Brock actually has fought better competition then Kimbo, no doubt Brock is more deserving of a career in MMA, and Dana isn't rigging fights. But it still stands. Lesnar is 2-1 (1-1 in UFC) and he gets a shot at the UFC heavyweight champ?

Now I don't follow the UFC too closely, but it looks to me like Dana is basically giving the finger to every single heavyweight who's earned their shot at the title, and all for what? For money.

Even if Lesnar is a dominate fighter that everyone thinks he is, and does go on to destroy every opponent for the next 10 years, it still stands, Couture shouldn't be fighting him this soon IMO. If I were Couture I'd be insulted.

DaeJ
10-28-2008, 02:13 PM
What pisses me off about Dana is he's doing almost the exact same thing Elite did with Kimbo. Find a fighter who already has a fan base and is willing to train & fight hard. Has a good physique/appearance and looks badass. Feed him fighters that you are confident he can beat all while hyping him up as a MMA superstar.

Granted Brock actually has fought better competition then Kimbo, no doubt Brock is more deserving of a career in MMA, and Dana isn't rigging fights. But it still stands. Lesnar is 2-1 (1-1 in UFC) and he gets a shot at the UFC heavyweight champ?

Now I don't follow the UFC too closely, but it looks to me like Dana is basically giving the finger to every single heavyweight who's earned their shot at the title, and all for what? For money.

Even if Lesnar is a dominate fighter that everyone thinks he is, and does go on to destroy every opponent for the next 10 years, it still stands, Couture shouldn't be fighting him this soon IMO. If I were Couture I'd be insulted.
JUST WONDERING, WHO WANTS A TITLE SHOT IN THE HEAVYWEIGHT DIVSION?

ARE YOU SURE PEOPLE DIDN'T TURN DOWN TO FIGHT RANDY?

guest89
10-28-2008, 02:40 PM
JUST WONDERING, WHO WANTS A TITLE SHOT IN THE HEAVYWEIGHT DIVSION?

ARE YOU SURE PEOPLE DIDN'T TURN DOWN TO FIGHT RANDY?

Do you seriously think professional heavyweight fighters are afraid to fight Randy?

I'd have a hard time believing Lesnar is the only heavyweight UFC fighter who's both earned a shot at Couture, and who wants a shot at him.

Seriously, I don't follow the UFC that closely, but surely there is at least one or two heavyweights that have at least won two consecutive fights? In my opinion ANY heavyweight that has 2 or more consecutive wins is more deserving then Lesnar at a shot. Think about it from Couture's point of view for a second. You are a champ and you have to fight a guy that's just gone 1-1 in your organization? (And is 2-1 overall). Its a win/win for Lesnar and a Lose/Lose for Couture. If Couture wins he's just beating a newbie. If he loses he's losing vs a newbie. If Lesnar wins he's beating the champ. If Lesnar loses its because he fought the champ too soon.

hfce354
10-28-2008, 02:45 PM
I thought he looked kinda small last Saturday. I know he had a shirt on but that should make you look bigger, not smaller. The NSAC is doing out of competition testing several weeks before fights now, so i wonder if...

Blasphemy! Forget i said anything.

moodymikey
10-28-2008, 02:57 PM
i predict Lesnar to win then. I dont think you can ever completely count Randy out (hes proved that isnt wise on numerous occasioans). But this time hes been away from fighting for so long, and hes given up at least 60lbs in size to Lesnar

HardGainer82
10-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Do you seriously think professional heavyweight fighters are afraid to fight Randy?

I'd have a hard time believing Lesnar is the only heavyweight UFC fighter who's both earned a shot at Couture, and who wants a shot at him.

Seriously, I don't follow the UFC that closely, but surely there is at least one or two heavyweights that have at least won two consecutive fights? In my opinion ANY heavyweight that has 2 or more consecutive wins is more deserving then Lesnar at a shot. Think about it from Couture's point of view for a second. You are a champ and you have to fight a guy that's just gone 1-1 in your organization? (And is 2-1 overall). Its a win/win for Lesnar and a Lose/Lose for Couture. If Couture wins he's just beating a newbie. If he loses he's losing vs a newbie. If Lesnar wins he's beating the champ. If Lesnar loses its because he fought the champ too soon.

Honestly there really weren't very many. This is the reason Mir got a shot at Nog, then the two of them were tied up. I would have voted the shot for Werdum, but he kinda pissed it away now.

Carwin and Cain could be argued, but they are being brought along slowly, and Carwin has not been tested, Cain only somewhat. I don't think Lesnar deserved the shot on merit alone, but there really weren't a huge number of options to begin with...

cheerupemokid
10-28-2008, 03:31 PM
bull****

gonzaga 6'4" 255

lesnar 6'2" 265

Lesnar cuts to make the 265 weight limit.

What pisses me off about Dana is he's doing almost the exact same thing Elite did with Kimbo.

Actually, they're doing the exact opposite with Lesnar. With Kimbo they booked him against has beens or nobodies in order to protect him and build him up for future events. Petruzelli was a LHW for crying out loud.

With Lesnar they threw him into the deep end against legitimate competition from the beginning and continue to do so.

ArmbarTapout
10-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Ok I agree 100% that Lesnar is getting the title shot based mostly on his name, but what other HW in the UFC honestly has earned a title shot? Besides Werdum, before he got ktfo.

Kongo can't string together any wins.

Herring lost to Lesnar badly.

Arlovski and Sylvia left.

Gonzaga lost to Couture, then to Werdum.

Velasquez, Obrian, Carwin? Wellish? Maybe Eddie Sanchez? Who have they beaten to earn a title shot???? Nobody. Other than the top 3 guys, UFCs HW division is a toss up between everybody and Lesnars name will outsell everybody elses.

This is fact. Why does the board keep bringing it up?

misterwaterfall
10-28-2008, 04:16 PM

If that were the case you might actually be able to beat Joe Rogan

But alas, it is not

rf0t0
10-28-2008, 04:28 PM
If that were the case you might actually be able to beat Joe Rogan

But alas, it is not

lawlz

SquatTillYaPuke
10-28-2008, 04:41 PM

Lesnar is 1 inch taller than couture , if your expecting him to tower over couture than your mistaken. He looks thicker than couture in the picture , so it looks pretty accurate to me.

SquatTillYaPuke
10-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Plus lesnar is standing at an angle which makes it impossible to see his shoulder width.

exothermic
10-28-2008, 05:01 PM
comparing gonzaga size to lesnar is stupid.. not just about wieght its about physical size n strength n explosiveness n quickness/speed

MEGAMANLET
10-28-2008, 05:09 PM
so wtf happened to couture vs fedor? i thought that was scheduled for randy after silvia

HulkHagen
10-28-2008, 05:19 PM

It's apples to oranges though. Sylvia is a striker primarily and uses his size pretty much only as leverage to stuff takedowns and for reach, plus he's tall and lanky, and not particularly powerful as far as upper-echelon HW's go. Brock is 270 lbs of pretty much solid muscle and has a strong wrestling background. Brock's size will likely play into it more than Sylvia's against Couture purely based on matchups and the differences in their styles.

Size isn't EVERYTHING but when everything else is close, or even remotely close, then size can be a pretty big advantage. If it turns into a wrestling match Brock's size sure as hell isn't gonna hurt him, unless he blows up later on in the fight.

bignac1
10-28-2008, 05:23 PM

we see you trollin'..... we hate it...

onemoreround
10-28-2008, 05:27 PM

u mean like...both of them?

sonicology
10-28-2008, 05:49 PM
so wtf happened to couture vs fedor? i thought that was scheduled for randy after silvia

I thought Couture-Nogueira was, but I guess Dana was afraid that Nog would beat Randy and a Lesnar-Nogueira fight wouldn't be as marketable.

Big Arm Big Pay
10-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Ok I agree 100% that Lesnar is getting the title shot based mostly on his name, but what other HW in the UFC honestly has earned a title shot? Besides Werdum, before he got ktfo.

Kongo can't string together any wins.

On a split decision you can't take him out of the top HWs....

USA2020
10-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Intersting yet humorous commentary with the size issue in MMA match-ups.
Do note: Kimbo Slice has a glass jaw - evidenced in his recent loss to pink hair who have up a considerable amount of weight to kimbo as well.

HardGainer82
10-28-2008, 06:53 PM
I thought Couture-Nogueira was, but I guess Dana was afraid that Nog would beat Randy and a Lesnar-Nogueira fight wouldn't be as marketable.

Or the fact that Nog was already signed to fight Mir and they did an entire season of TUF based around it before Randy came back...

ArmbarTapout
10-28-2008, 07:00 PM
On a split decision you can't take him out of the top HWs....

True, but he still lost. Then came back and knocked out a nobody in a keep busy fight. I wanna see him beat someone who is legit before I consider him the cream of the crop. If he woulda beat Herring after beating Cro Cop, then yes, he's there.

But, he didnt.

Granrey
10-28-2008, 07:18 PM
This fight is so damm weird.

Randy should not fight Lesnar because Lesnar is way stronger, quicker and heavier and Randy too old.

Lesnar should not fight Randy because Lesnar is too inexperienced.

They are too dangerous for each other. Am I right?

VDubb
10-28-2008, 07:25 PM

The "didn't deserve it" argument again?!

It's always been this way......

Randy - title fight in his 4th UFC fight
BJ Penn - title fight in his 4th UFC fight
GSP - title fight in his 3rd UFC fight
Tito - title fight in his 5th UFC fight
Sloth - title fight in his 2nd UFC fight

....and on, and on, and on......

Big Arm Big Pay
10-28-2008, 07:32 PM
True, but he still lost. Then came back and knocked out a nobody in a keep busy fight. I wanna see him beat someone who is legit before I consider him the cream of the crop. If he woulda beat Herring after beating Cro Cop, then yes, he's there.

But, he didnt.

UFC 92
Cheick Kongo vs. Mustafa Al-Turk (Cage Rage Heavyweight title)

HardGainer82
10-28-2008, 07:49 PM

Randy - Won a tournament and beat Vitor
BJ Penn - Destroyed two other contenders in less than three minutes combined
GSP - Beat Karo, KO'd Hieron badly, was 7-0
Tito - Beat two Lion's den guys, was 4-1 with his only loss avenged
Sloth - was 14-0 with only two decisions and had just mauled Cabbage

Brock - beat Herring. 2-1 record.

I'm not saying there was much of a better choice than Brock, but his situation is a TAD different than those guys. The worst case was Tito, and things were a little different then anyway.

fred2367
10-28-2008, 07:49 PM

Wow. Most of those guys had wins in their records. This may be lesnars 3rd UFC fight, but he has only won 1 fight in the UFC! And most of those guys listed had more mma experience. Lesnar only had 1 other mma fight outside of the UFC.. And that was against a can.

I suggest you go look at how many MMA fights GSP had before even getting a shot at a UFC contract. Even Sylvia had about a dozen wins before getting a shot. You are trying to pretend like all of these guys were handed a shot after their first few fights, when in fact they had to bust their ass just to get into the UFC. It was only after they had multiple straight wins in mma that they were given a crack at the title. And the Tito and Randy era was completely different. You are talking about a time when the sport was in its beginning and there were not nearly as many athletes as there are today.

Only person on that list that is even close to the lesnar situation is BJ. But he even then he had to win a few fights to get a shot.

E-Go
10-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Lesnar is 265 and barely makes weight at Heavyweight.

Couture is 220 lbs.

Lesnar dwarfs Couture

couture was 220 at last fight. No one outside of people that know him, knows whats he weighs now or will weigh in a month

E-Go
10-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Lesnar vs Couture is a money match, possibly the biggest money match in ufc heavyweight division history. I understand why its being done. They dont want to see Randy or Brock lose and lose the match like they did when Chuck lost with Forrest next.

DaeJ
10-29-2008, 06:18 AM

I was going to rebuttal, until I read that. You may have a hard time believing it, but Dana tells when a champ or fighter has potential opponents turn down fights. It happens more than you think

97srad750
10-29-2008, 06:20 AM

I wouldn't go so far as to say anyone was confident he'd beat Mir or Herring. If anything the Kimbo/Brock comparison is different because he was put up against live bodies.

russell7165
10-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Man I hope Randy takes him into the 5th round and we watch him gas, then Randy puts one on his chin and g'n'p ftw..

Joezilla
10-29-2008, 09:20 AM
ok who would win. bruce lee vs. lesnar.

just kidding. haha.

i havent made up my mind on this one yet. i was all for lesnar but im not sure if hes got the experience to react to some of the complex crap randy can bust out out of nowhere. but lesnar is definately WAY more powerful. but i know lesnar trains like a mad man so no one really knows how hes advanced since the last fight. i know he looked 200% better with herring than he did with Mir.

EDIT: one thing im 99% sure of is it will not end in lesnar getting knocked out, im willing to bet that guy has an iron jaw. but we havent seen him get hit yet so who knows.

Dmaul
10-29-2008, 09:54 AM
"EDIT: one thing im 99% sure of is it will not end in lesnar getting knocked out, im willing to bet that guy has an iron jaw. but we havent seen him get hit yet so who knows."

I agree 100%. Especially knocked out by Randy, not going to happen.

I have heard rumors of Brett Rogers KOing him in practice with relatrive ease, but then again those are just internet rumors and it is practice.

HardGainer82
10-29-2008, 09:57 AM
"EDIT: one thing im 99% sure of is it will not end in lesnar getting knocked out, im willing to bet that guy has an iron jaw. but we havent seen him get hit yet so who knows."

I agree 100%. Especially knocked out by Randy, not going to happen.

I have heard rumors of Brett Rogers KOing him in practice with relatrive ease, but then again those are just internet rumors and it is practice.

That things about Rogers was made up, but I know people who train at MMAA and say Brock has been dropped in practice.

Thing is, jaw or not, if you don't have the mentality to eat punches you can still be TKO'd.

Bing
10-29-2008, 10:35 AM
That things about Rogers was made up, but I know people who train at MMAA and say Brock has been dropped in practice.

Thing is, jaw or not, if you don't have the mentality to eat punches you can still be TKO'd.

If you never get dropped in practice then you aren't training hard enough or with top level competition. Look at Franklin...the guy always has a shiner.

BPP
10-29-2008, 10:40 AM

kinda like joe rogan compared to you

Disenfranchised
10-29-2008, 10:42 AM
kinda like joe rogan compared to you

My point was anything could happen in a street fight, especially with a guy like me.

All due respect BPP, since when is Rogan an unstoppable fighter? Last I checked he was the commentator, he's not even a professional fighter, yet people are on his nuts like he's the second coming of Fedor.

Rifter
10-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Honestly there really weren't very many. This is the reason Mir got a shot at Nog, then the two of them were tied up. I would have voted the shot for Werdum, but he kinda pissed it away now.

Carwin and Cain could be argued, but they are being brought along slowly, and Carwin has not been tested, Cain only somewhat. I don't think Lesnar deserved the shot on merit alone, but there really weren't a huge number of options to begin with...

Check Kongo?

HardGainer82
10-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Check Kongo?

He was just coming off a loss to Herring...

BPP
10-29-2008, 12:37 PM
My point was anything could happen in a street fight, especially with a guy like me.

All due respect BPP, since when is Rogan an unstoppable fighter? Last I checked he was the commentator, he's not even a professional fighter, yet people are on his nuts like he's the second coming of Fedor.

street fight(no rules) or MMA fight? I thought you said you could take him meaning MMA fight...

and he's quite accomplished for not being a professional (he was set to face wesley snipes until it fell through!)

LiftBigEatBig
10-29-2008, 12:47 PM
"That guuuuuyyyy is my hero!"

Lol, gotta love Goldberg...

NateDG72
10-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Lesnar is 1 inch taller than couture , if your expecting him to tower over couture than your mistaken. He looks thicker than couture in the picture , so it looks pretty accurate to me.

I beg to differ. Brock is 2 inches taller and 60 lbs heavier. I don't think that pic accurately displays the huge size difference.

I think they resized Randy a bit and he is also in the foreground in the picture making him look bigger also.

Tyme2Lift
10-29-2008, 02:04 PM
I think brock gots this... if not it will go to decision

cheerupemokid
10-29-2008, 02:20 PM
street fight(no rules) or MMA fight? I thought you said you could take him meaning MMA fight...

and he's quite accomplished for not being a professional (he was set to face wesley snipes until it fell through!)

Yep, he's got a brown belt in BJJ and was a TKD champion, so he's got a background which could allow him to compete as a professional if he wanted to.

Govithoy
10-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Yep, he's got a brown belt in BJJ and was a TKD champion, so he's got a background which could allow him to compete as a professional if he wanted to.
Except for a severe phobia of brain damage via punches to the head :p.

Disenfranchised
10-29-2008, 10:41 PM

Street fight I'd have a much better chance.

Speaking of that they should get a celebrity MMA fight in the works. Why not Chuck Zito? Apparently he's a legitimately training fighter.

Ehyun55
10-30-2008, 12:25 AM
i heard the green/white power ranger trains mma too!