PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Curry - Link to the Golden Years

PaLftr
10-14-2008, 09:49 AM
When i look at Brandon Curry, I get flashbacks of the black and white pictures taken in Gold's Gym in the 70's.

His physique is something we haven't seen for a very long time.

A flowing, aesthetic build, with well developed muscles while maintaining a tight waist.

this is how BB'ers should look IMO.

It's a shame that he will end up a big bloated freak in order to compete with the top pros.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/allandonnelly/brandon_front.jpg

http://www.bodybuilding-pics.com/43/images/Arnold_Schwarzenegger_872.jpg

iliketojuggle
10-14-2008, 09:54 AM
except hes got marks where he injects subcutaneously in his stomach and the substances hes using there will cause him to get the enlarged organs, while the classic bodybuilders didn't need to use this stuff to get their builds..

TheGame76
10-14-2008, 10:01 AM
except hes got marks where he injects subcutaneously in his stomach and the substances hes using there will cause him to get the enlarged organs, while the classic bodybuilders didn't need to use this stuff to get their builds..

You sir a have no clue what you are talking about. Have you ever used drugs or inected anything sub-q? Yeah, dont think so. I had those little bumps on my stomach too when I first competed and it sure as hell wasnt from a sub-q injection, so keep your mouth shut when you dont know what you are talking about.

Ajk_Lpool
10-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Curry has an excellent future in the sport as long as he keeps an intelligent stance. He has a small waist and great flaring lats which is always a great appeal. he's a very "complete" bodybuilder besides calves, too. Many people, especially around here make a huge deal about bodybuilders being complete so I think he'll do well.

wlf.vik83
10-14-2008, 10:19 AM
You sir a have no clue what you are talking about. Have you ever used drugs or inected anything sub-q? Yeah, dont think so. I had those little bumps on my stomach too when I first competed and it sure as hell wasnt from a sub-q injection, so keep your mouth shut when you dont know what you are talking about.

I guess those little bumps are lipomas. I have heard that BBers often have them. Don't know the cause though.

DopeEfX
10-14-2008, 10:35 AM

roflmao. give me a break

zrage
10-14-2008, 10:48 AM
dennis wolf has a sht load of them...

Penile_Dementia
10-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Curry is much better than Arnold in that shot.

zrage
10-14-2008, 10:56 AM

lol.... comparing a nobody to a 7 time mr.olympia....

Pullup17
10-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Curry has an excellent future in the sport as long as he keeps an intelligent stance. He has a small waist and great flaring lats which is always a great appeal. he's a very "complete" bodybuilder besides calves, too. Many people, especially around here make a huge deal about bodybuilders being complete so I think he'll do well.

x2

I'm a huge Phil fan but if i had to choose who is more aesthetic it would be Curry. He just has everything, when i first saw pics of Curry i was just in awe, i was amazed not in the "freaky, lights out game over" Ronnie kind of way, this was more of a "wow, he is special", no other BB had given me this impression. He just has this special look that i feel even the general public won't find him gross.

Penile_Dementia
10-14-2008, 10:58 AM
lol.... comparing a nobody to a 7 time mr.olympia....

Lol at your meaningless comment.

*Edit don't know why you felt the need to neg. I fairly said I personally thought that Brandon Curry looked better in the fdb. (taper and shape ftw)

That the other guy was a legend, and a 7 time mister olympia 3 decades ago is irrelevant to that assessment, hence me correctly saying "meaningless comment". U irate? :p

zrage
10-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Lol at your meaningless comment.

curry wishes his shoulder to waist ratio was like arnolds, he also wishes he was as tall as arnold and still look like that, he also wishes with all his new steroids in 2008 that his arms where like arnolds and had the same bicep from tricep separation like arnolds back in the 1970s with basic roids..., he also wishes his waist as as thin as arnolds...., and his lat insertions were as low as arnolds at 6 ft +

Penile_Dementia
10-14-2008, 11:07 AM
curry wishes his shoulder to waist ratio was like arnolds, he also wishes he was as tall as arnold and still look like that, he also wishes with all his new steroids in 2008 that his arms where like arnolds and had the same bicep from tricep separation like arnolds back in the 1970s with basic roids...

I still think he looks better. You think Arnie looks better. That's cool.

he also wishes his waist as as thin as arnolds....

...Dude. You are pulling my leg or something here.

zrage
10-14-2008, 11:10 AM
I still think he looks better. You think Arnie looks better. That's cool.

...Dude. You are pulling my leg or something here.

i think curry will be a top-tier pro... i can see him with an olympia in years to come, but comparing his front double bicep to arnolds.. is crazy

Penile_Dementia
10-14-2008, 11:12 AM
i think curry will be a top-tier pro... i can see him with an olympia in years to come, but comparing his front double bicep to arnolds.. is crazy

I think his taper, muscle shape and proportions all look much better to me. If I'm crazy, so be it.

But if that makes me crazy, what does that make the guy who claims of Curry... "he also wishes his waist was as thin as arnolds...."

LOL WUT??? :p

zrage
10-14-2008, 11:16 AM
I think his taper, muscle shape and proportions all look much better to me. If I'm crazy, so be it.

But if that makes me crazy, what does that make the guy who claims of Curry... "he also wishes his waist as as thin as arnolds...."

LOL WUT??? :p

"Was as thin as arnolds", i fail to see why u have to quote that common typo over and over, get some new material dude.

Penile_Dementia
10-14-2008, 11:19 AM
"Was as thin as arnolds", i fail to see why u have to quote that common typo over and over, get some new material dude.

I didn't even notice the typo. :confused:

Reisinger850
10-14-2008, 12:03 PM
"Was as thin as arnolds", .

wtf, Arnold's waist is bigger than Curry's, this is my impression....

To me Curry also looks better, if he would compete vs Arnold in his prime right now I believe he would win, he has FAR better proportions than Arnold, better muscle shape, a wider back and most important, he has much better legs^^

Oh an no negs please

zrage
10-14-2008, 12:06 PM
wtf, Arnold's waist is bigger than Curry's, this is my impression....

To me Curry also looks better, if he would compete vs Arnold in his prime right now I believe he would win, he has FAR better proportions than Arnold, better muscle shape, a wider back and most important, he has much better legs^^

Oh an no negs please

ur comparing a 2008 bb to a 1970 bb... give arnolds todays juice and well c

Flex500
10-14-2008, 12:10 PM
i'd gladly take the steroids arnold was taking over today's crap that that is out there...

the-craig
10-14-2008, 12:12 PM

Curry would still win hands down. Steroids don't change a persons genetics so lets leave that out of this one. Curry is still young and I'm pretty sure he hasn't been bodybuilding as long as Arnold was by his age. He looks much better than Arnold in my opinion. Great proportions, huge back, amazing shape, small waist and much more. I think he will hit the ground running in his first pro show.

warbird00
10-14-2008, 12:14 PM
curry wishes his shoulder to waist ratio was like arnolds, he also wishes he was as tall as arnold and still look like that, he also wishes with all his new steroids in 2008 that his arms where like arnolds and had the same bicep from tricep separation like arnolds back in the 1970s with basic roids..., he also wishes his waist as as thin as arnolds...., and his lat insertions were as low as arnolds at 6 ft +

LOL LOL LOL

No, he does not wish he had the "waist to shoulder ratio like arnold

No, he does not wish he was 6'2'' like arnold

No, he does not wish he had a "waist as thin as arnold's

Reisinger850
10-14-2008, 12:14 PM
i'd gladly take the steroids arnold was taking over today's crap that that is out there...

Any more infos please?

And what do you think about Curry? Since you are close to Ronnie (BSN) you have seen him more often perhaps?

Mr.Sativa
10-14-2008, 12:17 PM
You should post a leg comparison that way this argument is over immediately.

Flex500
10-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Any more infos please?

And what do you think about Curry? Since you are close to Ronnie (BSN) you have seen him more often perhaps?
I have no idea what or how much curry takes, I'm just saying lots of pro's buy the same thing out on the streets as everyday joe's. Many people on here think pro's are buying special hi-tech crap made in special labs.

It's often the same stuff 185 pound joe blow takes. And lots of pro's have ended up taking fake stuff.

Anyway I've only met curry a few times, seems like a nice guy. I met coleman because I am such good friends with one of his cousins. All the bsn guys seem nice. I'm not a fan of trey's physique but he is a pretty good guy also.

I know coleman thinks very highly of curry though...

anyway curry has a crazy physique no doubt about that. But to be honest when I think of it most of the times I have seen him he has been in a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt so even though I've been near him in person a lot you guys can probably see more of his physique than I have looking at pics.

DK777
10-14-2008, 12:31 PM
ok guys, lets stop acting like a bunch of girly men. Both Arnold and Curry look absolutely amazing. Yet i would give Arnold the lead due to the fact his conditioning is better than curry's. But lets stop the nit picking and understand others opinions.

Back to topic, i will have to disagree with the OP on ruining his lines. As we all saw this year, there are nomore mass monsters left except Jay. And i dont think im not the only one who thinks that he will come in very low next year due to an improved Heath and Wolf, a healed Victor and Kai, and a larger Freeman. All these guys mentioned have amazing physiques and are quite balanced for their size. So imo size is not the ruler in the future of our sport. Brandon will do EXTREMELY well, he just needs to follow Heaths footsteps in order to rise above the extreme competition that is comming up.

Reisinger850
10-14-2008, 01:53 PM
also.

I know coleman thinks very highly of curry though...

anyway curry has a crazy physique no doubt about that. But to be honest when I think of it most of the times I have seen him he has been in a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt so even though I've been near him in person a lot you guys can probably see more of his physique than I have looking at pics.

That's what I wanted to hear ;-) I really enjoy your posts, they are so real.

I wish I'd have been able to see so much of the great moments from Ronnie that you saw as a viewer in the audience, but then again when I remember you lat spread on the avatar it seems that you are making a name for yourself.

Ajk_Lpool
10-14-2008, 02:03 PM

You're becoming notorious around here for your retarded and ignorant comments. Well done man.

Flex500
10-14-2008, 02:25 PM
That's what I wanted to hear ;-) I really enjoy your posts, they are so real.

I wish I'd have been able to see so much of the great moments from Ronnie that you saw as a viewer in the audience, but then again when I remember you lat spread on the avatar it seems that you are making a name for yourself.
haha trying man, I had to remove the avatar.....

I told a little too many stories about one pro I know and he recognized me on here. I felt bad...

There are more pro's and amateurs that lurk on the ifbb section and people think!

streetlethaleg6
10-14-2008, 03:16 PM

this guy serious?

Penile_Dementia
10-14-2008, 04:09 PM
this guy serious?

Yes http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2008/02/28/13981372/profilepic/1253312a.jpg is serious. You'll get over our differences in taste, trust me.

PaLftr
10-14-2008, 04:35 PM
yo, i didn't post this as a Curry vs. Arnold topic.

I simply posted the pic of Arnold tto show how Curry resembles a golden era BB'er.

let's stop the stupid bickering.

Arnold is the man, the legend.

Curry is the future.

the-craig
10-14-2008, 04:38 PM
I think there should be some more shots of Curry so we can better see how he relates. I know he does have classical look but we want pics!

ESPforMe
10-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Here's some good ones:

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/photos/transferred/_W5Q0575_ITRWPJOSPH.jpg

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/photos/transferred/_W5Q0576_MATEJEUFON.jpg

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/photos/transferred/_W5Q0583_JEWGWCMUVK.jpg

Outlined
10-14-2008, 05:18 PM
http://a413.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/99/l_cb0a56240e97d53c8ccb48ccec6a138c.jpg
http://a163.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/89/l_7195f0db0d8e9f3281aac9e9708741a2.jpg
http://a315.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/113/l_d4488c0651a8fa5518ac903d954e1d02.jpg

bigpapi417
10-14-2008, 05:21 PM
he has soooo much potential its not even funny

ESPforMe
10-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Another thing about Curry, he seems to like to golden era guys. If you look at his myspace he has pics of Sergio and Bertil Fox on there.

PaLftr
10-14-2008, 06:09 PM
He really looks like a shorter, chocolate Arnold with bigger quads.

wilwn
10-14-2008, 07:33 PM
condition is not there yet, but if he works hard and keeps that waistline where it is, he'll dominate

pyrolee
10-14-2008, 11:32 PM
looks like a sergio-type to me, especially when he hits that victory pose

camant
10-15-2008, 01:11 AM
http://a315.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/113/l_d4488c0651a8fa5518ac903d954e1d02.jpg

abs remind me of dex's in this pic

Outlined
10-15-2008, 01:21 AM
As many people are saying, he really does resemble the golden era with his statuesqe physique. Some see a bit of Arnold in him, some see Haney and some see Oliva. That's got to be a good thing right?

I don't think he'll ever be as sliced and diced as a Heath or David Henry type of physique though...

siersy
10-15-2008, 01:57 AM
very larry scott full biceps

antish
10-15-2008, 02:15 AM
very larry scott full biceps
those biceps will get split a la darrem charles in the future.

Agentdark45
10-15-2008, 05:17 AM
Seriously sick lats! I just hope he doesn't wreck his waistline, but he probably will.

MesoPeaks
10-15-2008, 05:23 AM
Seriously sick lats! I just hope he doesn't wreck his waistline, but he probably will.

I agree his lats is so great! Arnie's lats and his are very much alike!

siersy
10-15-2008, 08:43 AM
I agree his lats is so great! Arnie's lats and his are very much alike!

yes they are very low inserting and full arnt they its incredible this guy didnt go pro earlier

siersy
10-15-2008, 08:45 AM
those biceps will get split a la darrem charles in the future.

that would be a sight to behold on a more streamlined physique...

if he could work with palumbo and come in toney freeman condition at this years O it would be such an awesome thing to see in 2009

ESPforMe
10-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Too true my man, too true.

Bring his legs up to match the upper body, with Freeman's conditioning.... :eek: